Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Post by shortstuff »

akire wrote:
addictedbooklover wrote:
shortstuff wrote:it gets better with every viewing, i realized...
I like movies like that, but if I don't enjoy the first time I won't watch it again... so I don't know if it improves :lol:
It really, really does get better. The first time I saw it in the theatre I was utterly disappointed (except for the kissing scene, obvs). But I had to see it again b/c there is just something so exciting about seeing characters you love so much on screen. With every viewing of the DVD I catch something new and appreciate the performances better.
honestly, i think thats just it. despite all the mistakes and descrepencies, its just so much fun to see these characters from your head come to life. and when they get it right, its that much more enjoyable (ie: billy burk as charlie) I claim to have hated twilight, and yet i find myself watching it over and over again... :lol:
AliceFan
Wandering Through Town

Post by AliceFan »

Davnee wrote:God this stupid wig thing is so annoying. You know I couldn't care less if Taylor shows up on the set completely bald. I'm happy he's the one in this role and I don't care what his stupid hair looks like. I just want the movie to be successful and true to the tale.
:lol: Davnee, you made my night. And here I thought I was just too damned old to get worked up about wigs and dress colors; I thought I was the only one with other priorities. Thanks for the laugh.
Tabby wrote:Hi all I am new to the forums but just wanted to comment about New Moon. I am very excited to see it. I hope that this time around the effects are much better though. I loved twilight, but New Moon hopefully looks better. I am glad that all of the main actors are the same. I think that it spoils the movie when the actors keep changing. I am also excited to see what they do with the underwater scene when Bella jumps off the cliff! November can not come soon enough!
First, welcome to the Lexicon! I'm a relatively new person here myself. And where did I read that Bella will see Edward's face when she's underwater? Hm, this could be one of MY hallucinations, but I don't think so.
Last edited by AliceFan on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

twilight1909 wrote:
mandyb7 wrote:
who_needs_fangs? wrote:Tim Hortons is a Canadian institution. It's an awesome franchise that sells coffee and pastries and the like. And it's way better than Starbucks.
AMEN! sometimes I go to Starbucks and ask for what I usually get at Tim Hortons, a half hot chocolate half coffee, and the don't know what the hell I'm talking about! I try to explain that it's half a cup filled with hot chocolate and the rest of the cup filled with black coffee but they have no idea how to do that.
speaking of that, everyone must try a medium or large half hot chocolate half coffee from Timmies, it's the best! but not a small, it doesn't taste as good.
Why don't you try a Mocha Latte from Starbucks? It sounds like what you're describing. They're delicious. I can't try Tim Hortons, but I enjoy SBUX and DD. Man this is really off topic. What can I say, I love coffee drinks.
mandyb7 wrote: Taylor actually makes me like Jacob, I do not like the Jacob in the books but I really like the movie Jacob..

I agree. Well I've come around to him while re-reading the saga, but when I first saw the movie I was still Anti-Jacob. Taylor made me like him. I was a little resentful about that. ha. But I think he's great for the part. Much cuter than the Jacob I pictured in my head (minus the bushy hair)....though not nearly as tall.
I'm SO excited to see taylor as jacob.. i was always a jacob fan, and i think taylor's bubbly personality suits him perfectly, and he can still pull off the aggressive wolf side. not to mention taylor is really getting hotter and hotter, lol!
Last edited by shortstuff on Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
shortstuff

Post by shortstuff »

AliceFan wrote:
Davnee wrote:God this stupid wig thing is so annoying. You know I couldn't care less if Taylor shows up on the set completely bald. I'm happy he's the one in this role and I don't care what his stupid hair looks like. I just want the movie to be successful and true to the tale.
:lol: Davnee, you made my night. And here I thought I was just too damned old to get worked up about wigs and dress colors; I thought I was the only one with other priorites. Thanks for the laugh.
Tabby wrote:Hi all I am new to the forums but just wanted to comment about New Moon. I am very excited to see it. I hope that this time around the effects are much better though. I loved twilight, but New Moon hopefully looks better. I am glad that all of the main actors are the same. I think that it spoils the movie when the actors keep changing. I am also excited to see what they do with the underwater scene when Bella jumps off the cliff! November can not come soon enough!
First, welcome to the Lexicon! I'm a relatively new person here myself. And where did I read that Bella will see Edward's face when she's underwater? Hm, this could be one of MY hallucinations, but I don't think so.
not your imagination... i read it too.. either on laineygossip or maybe vancity allie's blog... i'll try to find it.

EDIT: aha, here it is: http://www.vancityallie.com/2009/04/20/ ... door-pool/

of note: "In this scene, Bella jumps off the cliff, a flash of Victoria is seen in the background, and Bella plunges into the ocean and sees Edward’s “face” underwater. She is then rescued by Jacob."
Tabby
Settled in Forks

Post by Tabby »

I thought I had read that somewhere also! Thanks for finding the link.. I am just mainly excited to see the water scene because it is so pivitol to the whole movie in my opinion. This scene sets the ending of the movie and book in motion. I have a view of what it was like underwater with Bella, and it will just be interesting to see how Chris Weitz interprets it.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Tabby wrote:I thought I had read that somewhere also! Thanks for finding the link.. I am just mainly excited to see the water scene because it is so pivitol to the whole movie in my opinion. This scene sets the ending of the movie and book in motion. I have a view of what it was like underwater with Bella, and it will just be interesting to see how Chris Weitz interprets it.
Velcome to the Lex Tabby!
I'm excited to see the waterscene too. Edward's voice telling her not to let go, and Bella feeling that she's dying and allowing herself to enter her memories of Edward and telling him that she loves him. It's a really strong scene. And really the scene that changes everything. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that one. I think it will be very difficult for Kristen to play that scene.
Other than that I am of course so tensed for the leaving. I so hope they are able to convey the feelings of both Edward and Bella at that stage. Edward putting on his mask, which he manages to hold until he asks her to not do anything stupid and reckless. I was so stunned when I read that a lot of people actually believed that he didn't love her. To me that was so obvious. I really felt his pain. But still I think it's important to keep Edward the way he was in the book, cool and distant.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Im not at all worried about how Rob will portray Edward. He is an amazing actor.
I'm just worried about Kstew. I love her, and shes a good actor too..
I feel she lacks something.. I don't know what it is.

But since it's a movie, we can't get into Bellas mind. So I guess that's the spark that was lost.
You can only fully understand Bella by her thoughts.
Unless theres a voice over.. a lot of the intensity in the story isn't there.

And I know Taylor will do brilliantly.

But ofcourse.. everything goes back to the stupid screen writer. Stupid Melissa. I don't like her at all.
Chris is wonderful though ;)
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
paulsbeyach
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by paulsbeyach »

does anyone else cringe when they hear New Moon described as a "Love Triangle?" or about "The girl who was caught in the middle???" UM....Hello??? Are they reading the same book?? Yeah Bella loves Jocob but Not in that way!! Everytime I see that ET lead in I yell at the screen.
Edward can give me a Unicorn ANYTIME!!
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
Wide Awake Addict!!!!
Cullenist
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I was just looking at the Lex's blog page and saw the picture released of the wolf pack...well, some of them anyway...they all look soo great!!

Wondering though if anyone noticed the tattoo they all seem to have on their upper arms?? I'm thinking this is something being added in the movie...that all the wolves have this tattoo?

Thank you Naureen!!
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

On the Love triangle, there is one whether team Edward like it or not. In New Moon, it becomes clear that jacob is falling for Bella, (Duh). I suspect that in time she would have moved into his arms for good. We all know that is not what is in store for her but an alternative that could be.

New Moon as a book is my least favorite. Many agree, my anger toward Edward for leaving is overwhelming at times. You would think a 108 year old would have more common sense. Given all the possiblities, he could have stayed while the other left till she was ready to become one of them. Victoria is still out there, why didn't he see that one coming. He really blew this one.

Of New Moon, I really look forward to seeing Voltaria and all of its more, shall we say darker side. I hear the some "Sweet Dreams are made of these" from the Eurithmics (sp?). What can I say, bad Vampires are more cool.

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."