New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Postby twilight1909 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:08 am

It sounded to me like Rob was responding to "girls getting their Edward fix" by saying it's not exactly enjoyable seeing/hearing Edward during the brief glimpses. He says it's disturbing because Bella "is going crazy." I guess Rob doesn't see the romantic aspect of Bella hearing Edward's voice when she's in danger.
I don't know, but I hope he doesn't really want Edward to come off as disturbing. That's all wrong.
Image
Image
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
User avatar
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 593
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:29 am
Location: Waiting in the meadow

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Postby Twilightchick79 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:42 pm

twilight1909 wrote:It sounded to me like Rob was responding to "girls getting their Edward fix" by saying it's not exactly enjoyable seeing/hearing Edward during the brief glimpses. He says it's disturbing because Bella "is going crazy." I guess Rob doesn't see the romantic aspect of Bella hearing Edward's voice when she's in danger.
I don't know, but I hope he doesn't really want Edward to come off as disturbing. That's all wrong.

I agree. I thought in the book there was a romantic aspect of Bella hearing his voice. It allowed the reader to not only understand her pain but to see her put herself in a postion that would cause the voice to come out. In my reading I did not find the voice disturbing at all. So I just wonder how they will truly represent that aspect. Very nervous.
My life was like a moonless night. And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. There was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, everything went black. My eyes were blinded by the light. And there was no more reason for anything.
Twilightchick79
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:43 pm
Location: South East

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Postby pennybug84 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Twilightchick79 wrote:
twilight1909 wrote:It sounded to me like Rob was responding to "girls getting their Edward fix" by saying it's not exactly enjoyable seeing/hearing Edward during the brief glimpses. He says it's disturbing because Bella "is going crazy." I guess Rob doesn't see the romantic aspect of Bella hearing Edward's voice when she's in danger.
I don't know, but I hope he doesn't really want Edward to come off as disturbing. That's all wrong.

I agree. I thought in the book there was a romantic aspect of Bella hearing his voice. It allowed the reader to not only understand her pain but to see her put herself in a postion that would cause the voice to come out. In my reading I did not find the voice disturbing at all. So I just wonder how they will truly represent that aspect. Very nervous.




I agree. I don't want some weird scary Edward. (when she hears his voice I was hoping they would maybe just do a voiceover. to me that work work well.) That and the fact they said something about a scary dream sequence has made me very curiouse! What are they going to do & how are they going to do it? Definitely have peaked my interest & wanting to see it.

I thought it was stupid that one of the secrets was Taylor/Jacob riding a motorcycle, that's no secret! Geez. And then the fact that Kristen & Rob are just friends is no secret either. She has a boyfriend she's been dating for a few years. Stupid tabloids.
Image
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
User avatar
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor
 
Posts: 4087
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: hoping 2012 is better than 2011 was

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Postby Dovrebanen » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:50 pm

^^ Agreed. How can Edward's voice be scary or disturbing? For Bella it was the most beautiful voice in the universe. She went to great lengths to hear it in her head. She ventured into extreme sports, since that was the only way she could think of him without ripping herself apart. So it was definitely romantic. It made sense to me in some way. She needed to hear it, and did everything she could to make it happen.
This made me all nervous... Hope he didn't mean it in the way that Edward's voice would be disturbing, but more in the sense that it can be seen as disturbing to hear voices in one's head. But that wasn't the case for Bella either. To her it was rewarding and something she wanted.
Image
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
User avatar
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Norway.

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Postby ringswraith » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:19 pm

Well, to put this on its side: Remember we're witnessing everything here through the filter of Bella.

To her, his voice is always beautiful- no matter what he's actually saying.

However, perhaps to Rob, Edward's voice would be disturbing and/or scary. He is after all trying to dissuade her from doing something stupid.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt
 
Posts: 4633
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Postby navarre » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Dovrebanen wrote:^^ Agreed. How can Edward's voice be scary or disturbing? For Bella it was the most beautiful voice in the universe. She went to great lengths to hear it in her head. She ventured into extreme sports, since that was the only way she could think of him without ripping herself apart. So it was definitely romantic. It made sense to me in some way. She needed to hear it, and did everything she could to make it happen.
This made me all nervous... Hope he didn't mean it in the way that Edward's voice would be disturbing, but more in the sense that it can be seen as disturbing to hear voices in one's head. But that wasn't the case for Bella either. To her it was rewarding and something she wanted.


Excellent, Dovre!!! Well put.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
User avatar
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk
 
Posts: 3586
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Swimming in a sea of books, books and more books

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Postby Jadey » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:10 pm

I think he's mostly going to be disturbing in the dream sequences. Remember, Bella has a lot of dreams where she wakes up screaming. And she's always afraid to go to sleep incase she has those dreams again.
I can't remember exactly but doesn't she have dreams where shes running away and jacob/edward are usually there?

So I reckon they have to be pretty scary if she wakes up screaming.

(I know she has dreams where theres just nothing. Where shes searching for nothing, but the scary dreams come after)

:?

I'm looking forward to this demonic Edward.
Image
^ by ForJazz
Image
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
User avatar
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle
 
Posts: 2723
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:43 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Postby switzgal » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:22 pm

^^^ yeah I think (hope) that Rob was talking about Bella's nightmares, where he's scary and the nightmare she had when both Jacob and Edward was there.

I just saw Adventureland and Kristen was great. She had a scene where she was crying in the car. I think she can pull off the depression in NM.

The scenes with Taylor and Kristen in the movie was great. I think Taylor nailed it. He even sounded like he was about to cry when he said "I'm not giving up." And then when Kristen said "Jake, don't do this." That was spot on!
I wish they were sitting on the bench across from the men's bathroom though like in the book, because Jacob was attempting to put his arms around her and that scene would've been nice.
User avatar
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
 
Posts: 2095
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:59 pm

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Postby Jazz Girl » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:31 pm

I, too, am a little perplexed and concerned about the idea of scary demonic Edward. I guess I am just a little weirded out about how they are going to make that fit with the whole idea that Bella's delusions are her subconscious reminding her that Edward loves her no matter what idiotic notions of protecting her he gets. I do kind of understand that they might be translating her pain and fear into her dreams, making them a little more visceral. But, she never feared Edward, never found him demonic or frightening. The whole reason her dreams were filled with nothing is because that's how she saw her life without him, empty and filled with nothing; no love, no joy, no family, no future.But, I just can't see that translated into demonic scary Edward.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Image
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
User avatar
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can
 
Posts: 5119
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 am
Location: Rob's HalfwayHouse, shacked up with some FicWard.

Re: New Moon Movie Take 4...and a half

Postby Bellsuz » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Has anyone read this interview they've mentioned on the lexblog?

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/on-a-date-with-robert-pattinson

First, was it real (b/c the Lex usually makes sure things are spot on)? And second, if it was real, what does Rob mean by:

Edward and Bella’s reunion in New Moon is good. It’s different from the book so I think people will be happy.


I'm a little nervous... :? :? :? :? Out of all the scenes, the reunion is pretty darn important to us!!!! I may hyperventilate....

Okay, I'm back. I just hope he means it is *better* (if that is even possible) than in the book.
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
User avatar
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:28 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The New Moon Movie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron