Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Who would you like to play...

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

I'm thrilled! I adore Michael Sheen and I think he is a simply tremendous actor, and it is nice to see that this year and next he'll be doing something different, other than playing real life characters again. I'm getting more excited for New Moon by the minute!
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

All in all I have to say I am pretty pleased with the entire cast. The latest addition of Michael Sheen is fantastic. I would have never thought of him but I can totally see him as Aro. I honestly can't say that I am dissapointed with any of the casting for this movie. I'm excited to see how it all turns out! I feel like we've been waiting years since Twilight came out.
FindYourTrueCalling
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

littlelamb wrote:All in all I have to say I am pretty pleased with the entire cast. The latest addition of Michael Sheen is fantastic. I would have never thought of him but I can totally see him as Aro. I honestly can't say that I am dissapointed with any of the casting for this movie. I'm excited to see how it all turns out! I feel like we've been waiting years since Twilight came out.
Ditto.
Im really happy with the cast, im glad they have taken time to find the right characters!
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
mrs_edwardc
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mrs_edwardc »

CopperHead wrote:I think it's hilarious when some of you get very worked up over who people pick for their dream casts as if they were official announcements :lol:

Never heard of Noemie Lenoir before, but she does look like a Renata. And I'm actually bothered they won't include Ben, I liked him better than Eric even though he has like 1 or 2 lines in the whole series :)
lol, i no i no, im sorry, im just very protective of new moon coz i was dissapointed with Twilight, and people who havent read the book and have seen the movie and disliked it have made judgements abt the book as well, and refuse to read it. i think because of this there will be less people who see NM when it comes out. A lotv people i no only saw twilight bcoz of all the fuss, & they hated the movi, didnt read the book, and definately wont see the next...

Noemie is that girl from Rush hour 3
♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:
CopperHead wrote:I think it's hilarious when some of you get very worked up over who people pick for their dream casts as if they were official announcements :lol:
Yes i think its funny too. That's why I won't post my dream cast on here...although I think Ed Sanders would make a great Alec!
isnt he that guy from Extreme makeover: Home edition?

love_is_noise wrote:
Lunna-san wrote:I remember that someone here suggested him for Aro's role. Great guess.

Well, he wasn't my first choice, but he's quite talented (he was great in The Queen) and I think he'll do great in NM. He has some evil quality. He's very dubious, classy... very Aroish. :D
ooh i havn't seen the queen in ages, who did he play?
yeah and i remembered someone suggesting him..ooh maybe they secretly work for CW and are sneakly testing out ideas with fans to see the reactions they get.....lol i wish, would be great if he was consulting us first though.
He was the british primie minister, Tony Blair, and he did a fantastic job.i think he'll make a great Aro. very happy with his casting, now this year just needs to hurry up so the movie can come already!! btw, does any1 know whe HP6 will FINALLY come out? seriously! they movd the date so many times, im annoyed
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

ooh yeah, how did i forget?!
i have loads of friends who are coming round tomorrow to watch my twilight copy...they have read the books, but because twilight waasn't on at our local cinema they never saw it...and i don't think they will think too much of it.....ui was watching it today with some other friends and one of which hasn't read the books didn't ahve a clue what was going on...she was confused the whole way through......i am really getting hyped about newmoon, even more that i was about twilight, because of chris..i am really looking foward to himn..and they have chosen some really good actors so far.
i really can't wait till it comes out....me and some of my friends are thinking of going as members of the volturi XD

ooh, i can totally see Ed Sanders as alec!
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
xCathyx
Wandering Through Town

Post by xCathyx »

In England HP 6 comes out sometime in July, i saw a poster for it at my local cinema :D
im all excited hehe
CopperHead
Learning to Love Green

Post by CopperHead »

O-M-G, Michael Sheen is playing Aro, and I could not be more pleased! I'm so glad they're not casting twentysomethings for all of the roles, it's enough of a swoonfest already(not that I'm complaining ;) ), and unknowns are cool but I can't help but get giddy when someone I'm a little familiar with gets cast in a movie I'm following :)

But doesn't this choice seem a little inconsistent? I mean with MS and the guy who's playing Caius it'll look like some sort of parent-child thing on the screen, especially if they get a younger guy to play Marcus. Visually the Voturi should be similar type of men in order to show them more as a more unified force. Does anyone get what I'm saying? I'm sure this'll just bother me for a minute, but it's what popped into my head and I felt like expressing it.
Check out more of my fanart here!
Team Demetri - because it's useless to run...
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

mrs_edwardc wrote:lol, i no i no, im sorry, im just very protective of new moon coz i was dissapointed with Twilight, and people who havent read the book and have seen the movie and disliked it have made judgements abt the book as well, and refuse to read it. i think because of this there will be less people who see NM when it comes out. A lotv people i no only saw twilight bcoz of all the fuss, & they hated the movi, didnt read the book, and definately wont see the next...
Actually it was because of the movie that I read the books. My friends told me about them a few years ago and I thought 'A love triangle between a werewolf, a human, and a vampire? That sounds stupid!' but of course that was the only bit of information my friends gave me so I didn't actually know what it was about besides that. But I saw the movie and was like 'I have to read the books!' so not everyone who saw the movie first made judgements about the books after seeing it.
mrs_edwardc wrote:
♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:
Yes i think its funny too. That's why I won't post my dream cast on here...although I think Ed Sanders would make a great Alec!
isnt he that guy from Extreme makeover: Home edition?
No he isn't the guy from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. :lol: Ed Sanders was in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. He played Toby. He is only like 15.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
CopperHead
Learning to Love Green

Post by CopperHead »

I just thought of something. In the Volturi scene in NM the tower is filled with guards, and these are probably the ones that are named in BD. So, wouldn't they have to take careful consideration into who they cast for these roles since they will be reprised in the BD movie(assuming it gets made), because if they don't then we'll have a Solomon/Krys dilemma magnified tenfold :shock:

That is unless the people making the movie care very little about named background vamps with no lines, which is the most likely case.
Check out more of my fanart here!
Team Demetri - because it's useless to run...
Jen_Cullen_31343
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jen_Cullen_31343 »

CopperHead wrote:I just thought of something. In the Volturi scene in NM the tower is filled with guards, and these are probably the ones that are named in BD. So, wouldn't they have to take careful consideration into who they cast for these roles since they will be reprised in the BD movie(assuming it gets made), because if they don't then we'll have a Solomon/Krys dilemma magnified tenfold :shock:

That is unless the people making the movie care very little about named background vamps with no lines, which is the most likely case.
Oooohhhhhhhhh I didnt even think of that. They might just not even include many guards like how they arent including Seth and Leah. They might only include the guards in Breaking Dawn
TEAM EDWARD!

BECAUSE JACOB DOESN'T SPARKLE =]