Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by The Dark Knight »

Dovrebanen wrote:Okay, so yes it has happened that a movie is better than the book. But I find it to happen like once every ten years or so. Maybe LOTR, simply because the movies are easier to follow. There is absolutely no way that the movie NM will be better than the book. We saw Twilight....That pretty much says it all for me. It is still Summit making NM, that has not changed even if it's a new director. So I think it will be better than Twilight, but never in a million years better than the book.
I just don't see how the pain can translate onto the big screen well. Like when she goes under after realizing that her pictures are gone, and doesn't really resurface for months. It was so excellently written.
No worries, I don't think anyone thinks New Moon the movie will be able to out pace New Moon the Book. Just isn't going to happen. I just hope it give it a run for the monie... :P

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Dovrebanen wrote:Okay, so yes it has happened that a movie is better than the book. But I find it to happen like once every ten years or so. Maybe LOTR, simply because the movies are easier to follow. There is absolutely no way that the movie NM will be better than the book. We saw Twilight....That pretty much says it all for me. It is still Summit making NM, that has not changed even if it's a new director. So I think it will be better than Twilight, but never in a million years better than the book.
I just don't see how the pain can translate onto the big screen well. Like when she goes under after realizing that her pictures are gone, and doesn't really resurface for months. It was so excellently written.

I agree with you. I can't see how the movie could be better than the book. NM is just soo good but at the same time depressing and sad. They'll try really hard to bring the pain and what not Bella goes through onto the big screen but I don't think they'll be able to do it justice. When I heard that someone said it would be better than the book it's like WHAT?!?! (Who was it that said that anyone know? Was it MR?)

I read an interview that Kellan did & he said he likes the NM script better than the Twilight one. Who knows exactly what that means or what he could like better. But that gives me hope that NM will be really good.

That's why I have mixed feelings on seeing the movie, I know it'll be sad :cry: & depressing. But I want to see it just the same.

When are we going to get some pictures of the Volturi? I really want to see them in costume, makeup, and what not. We already got the wolf pack, now I want to see the Volturi.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
CopperHead
Learning to Love Green

Post by CopperHead »

They got some big news over at http://www.newmoonmovie.org Excuse me while I go into my corner...

*** :o :o :D :o :o ***

Okay I'm back.

At this point I'm just hoping for a good movie. Seriously, it might be best to leave our expectations at the door. They've got it drilled into their heads that Edward should be in it more and all the fans are rabid 12 year-olds, there's no moving a stubborn mule like that. As long as they manage to capture the overall theme, and Rob's presence is tastefully done, that could be good enough for me. I still can enjoy the book :)

(if it's another mediocre film though, I just may be tempted to egg a few houses...) :lol:
Check out more of my fanart here!
Team Demetri - because it's useless to run...
mandyb7
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mandyb7 »

debussygirl wrote:About Jane's power...
did this come from a reliable source? Because we may not even have to worry about it.
well the apparent info I got is from Lainey Gossip honestly I don't trust her but she seems to freakishly know a lot of details so you never know. but what she hears and then writes if filtered through her mind, and she's not much of a Twilight fan so I doubt she cares about giving exact correct details so whatever, Edward stepping in front of Bella is probably not true.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

what I don't get is why the "writer" (said in disgust) feels the need to rearrange everything in the books to make a movie? I think that NW is probably on of the easiest books to shoot as a movie and yet here comes the rearranging and dropping of small but important details to look, style, etc... of the book.

I know my brain is way to tied to the books, I will live in hope but not expect much from the chick "writer"/ movie.

small rant over. :)
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

So theres been some big news. First off, the official New Moon poster should be out tomorrow.

Second, a New Moon movie clip will be playing at the MTV movie awards.

and I found this soooo exciting to watch.

Yep, been a big news day.. I nearly crapped myself.

Excuse my Italian
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Bellsuz

Post by Bellsuz »

Jadey wrote:So theres been some big news. First off, the official New Moon poster should be out tomorrow.

This is supposed to be the real one. It leaked a few minutes ago. Who knows if it's real or not...

<edit> I think it is, it looks too good. I'm pretty excited if it is. It looks awesome!!!!!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sASGYLkBNCU/S ... f50mz7.jpg
Last edited by Bellsuz on Mon May 18, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
xxxDarkMoonxxx
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by xxxDarkMoonxxx »

I honestly couldn't find what was so appealing about that Rob and Kristen filtering image video. Now if i could understand what they were saying that would be another thing, but just watching the two of them doesn't rock my socks.

As for the Jane hurting Edward part, well itcan be easily done. Edward could drop to the floor on his knees, clawing at his head, grimacing, and yelling. I see no point in throwing him against the wall when that isn't even Jane's power. So hopefully this is just gossip.

*Sigh* I'm really getting fed up with all the news that rob will be in this scene and that scene. I honestly don't want to see rob in the movie. The way it sounds like the movie is deviating from the book, i'll be sick of Edward by the time they reunite. I have to admit that the scenes i hear they are filming with him seem pretty awseome and i'd love to see them, but New Moon isn't about Edward, it's about Bella moving on and it's about her friendship with Jacob and about the werewolves. If the movie was longer then Twilight, then maybe i'd welcome these additions, but i doubt it will. I love Edward, but i think he is going to be in far too many scenes. Now if the movie is done like i think they might do it, i'd expect a couple moments of filtering images, maybe 4 or 5, but none lasting for anymore then a few seconds. Next, i'd hope that the scary dreams of Edward means only one, maybe two short flashes of dreams. Now as for the phone call Edward gets and the deteriating phone and seeing Edward stand in front of the Volturi asking for death, i believe will happen in Alice's mind and that they will be short flashes.

Despite what i might have said above, i believe Chris will do a great job with New Moon, however, i'm just concerned that they will add too much Edward. What i mentioned above would be fine by me, however, i think alot of people forget this but New Moon is mostly about Bella and Jacob's growing relationship, the werewolves, and Bella finding a way to move on from Edward.
~*~Emily~*~
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ~*~Emily~*~ »

Jadey wrote:So theres been some big news. First off, the official New Moon poster should be out tomorrow.

Second, a New Moon movie clip will be playing at the MTV movie awards.

and I found this soooo exciting to watch.

Yep, been a big news day.. I nearly crapped myself.

Excuse my Italian
You beat me ;) (I was about to post the news)

*ahem* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OH MY FREAKING WORD!!

I about died when I read the news.I read about the clip first,hyperventilated,then it was like"Oh wait,there's more!" and read about the Official poster.Holy Crap,what else?!?

I'm fursploding with excitement! :mrgreen:

*Breathe in,Breathe out*
<><
~TEAM EDWARD~
Team Cullen-Giving the word Vampire a whole new meaning
ImageImage
mandyb7

Post by mandyb7 »

wow I love that poster! they've done a great job. and I'm soo excited for the MTV movie awards! Twilight will win something.
(and I can't help but see Darkward in that poster and I love it!
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
WA Addict