Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by pennybug84 »

lionlover wrote:
singingsolitude wrote:The New Moon extended trailer looks INCREDIBLE, and I cannot wait until the movie hits theatres.... BUT... the fight scene in Volterra has me a just a little confused. I'm not worried at all, because after all we've heard from Chris Weitz, I have complete confidence in him, but personally, I think that a fight in the Volturi lair would have ended really badly for Edward, Alice and Bella. So unless this is one of Alice's visions, or Bella's dreams, I'm more than just a little curious to see how they're going to end it in a good way. :?:

my first thought would be that Aro stops it before it goes to far... but the trailer makes it look like it does go pretty far.

I guess we'll have to wait and find out... but in the mean time, anyone have any thoughts on how this could play out with them still alive?
I'm thinking that if the fight did actually happen, then maybe Edward didn't fight back? Because he knew he couldn't win?? Or someone stops him?? I can't wit to find out!

I have the movie companion book & have read through it & they discuss the Volturi fight scene, and it DOES happen. MR spoke w/Stephenie & got her input & what not on a fight scene & what I got out of it was that SM okayed Edward & Felix fighting. (MR had originally written the screenplay w/more fighting & Alice getting involved.Thankfully SM reigned her in.) So there is going to be a fight to make it more exciting & action packed. It will be interesting how they end that part of the Volturi part.

After reading through the companion book & seeing the pictures in it I am extremely excited for the movie. It looks like CW is doing an amazing job & I can't wait for Nov 20th. (I've already flipped through the book just to look at the pictures probably at least 10 times. There is one picture though I'm not sure what it's supposed to be.)

Jadey wrote:New Moon is 2 hrs, 2 mins

I think thats a little too short. :(
Well the movie itself will be just over 2 hrs.I got that is from the Twilight twitter acct that Summit set up. It says: A quick clarification on the final runtime. 2:10 includes the credits, so the movie part of it runs just over 2 hours. About 2:01.
So for me that's okay. Unfortunately we can't get our way & have it be like 2 hrs & 30 minutes. (wouldn't that be awesome?) If I remember in the companion guide one the editor guy says they have 3 hours of footage to bring it down to the 2 hours. It really makes me wonder what stuff is going to be cut you know? In it they talk about how they have to keep the pace & it can't lag and all that stuff. And it sounds like the part w/Jacob building the bikes is going to be done in like a montage (?sp. And again from the movie companion.) So it sounds like they're trying to show that but not have it waste a lot of time. Anyway sorry for the ramble. :oops:
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I'm guessing the pictures in the companion like Carlisle stitching up Bella, Sam carrying her from the woods, Bella touching the mirror (her dream about her grandma) will all be in the movie. It would majorly disappoint people if they knew footage was filmed but then taken out.

I read spoilers about how MR during Twilight didn't want to get too influenced by the fandom but she couldn't help it for NM and Eclipse, so hopefully she has learned a little from us.
wig4usc
Settled in Forks

Post by wig4usc »

I really DO hope that MR figured it out!!!! I mean, there are things that easily could have been added to Twilight, that wouldn't have been confusing or adding time to the movie, but would have been more consistent w/ the book. And, I'm a person who understands that making movies is a business....they aren't going to make 3 hour movies even if people want to see that!!! One example, in Twilight, why didn't Edward kiss Bella when she was leaving to flee from James? That's essential, that's why the kiss in NM is so sad, she connects that kiss, with its undertones of "goodbye" with the kiss from Twilight.

So, I'm really, really looking forward to the movie. And I really, really hope that the screenplay maintained a lot of the intricasies of the relationship that I think were left out of Twilight!!

Thanks!
rainbowcrayon
Wandering Through Town

New Moon movie, take 5

Post by rainbowcrayon »

wig4usc wrote:One example, in Twilight, why didn't Edward kiss Bella when she was leaving to flee from James? That's essential, that's why the kiss in NM is so sad, she connects that kiss, with its undertones of "goodbye" with the kiss from Twilight.
I think Edward didn't kiss Bella in the Twilight movie because they wanted to have something to build up to, to make it special, to see just how hard it is for Edward. Keeping the movie within a rating for its age appropriate range of some young people, there is only so far the moviemakers can go... Overall a wise decision, if a bit disappointing. New Moon, however, may be radically different, which will be exciting.
I do agree with wig4usc about the kiss in the Twilight book versus the New Moon book. It was a very important point in the plot, and the undertones percieved by Bella did change her perception of other events, if slightly.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Ok I'm so gonna stop watching trailers and other bit of the movie now.....
If I can I wait till after I saw the movie...
I allready know to much about it, and I'm really afraid that we allready saw the best bits....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Hey, everyone. On YouTube, I found another preview that was shown in Rome: a behind-the-scenes video showing the Volturi and their actors discussing them. At the end of the video, we get to hear Michael Sheen say "Goodbye, my young friends!" in Aro's voice.

It was recorded with a camera, but the visual/sound quality is strong. However, the crowd does cheer sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qjB8ghSYwU
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I now hate CW with a firey passion of 10,000 burning suns....

WHY????????????? No, this is not supposed to happen. It's supposed to be stopped

Edward stops this crazy shiza when he calls to confirm the whole "She's dead" thing. I can't. I can't watch that. Not here and not now. It's not supposed to happen until Eclipse. I am going to have a hard enough time dealing with it then, but HERE!!!!!! NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!

Chris Weitz dishes on Taylor/Kristen kiss in New Moon (some E/B stuff)
Chris Weitz has dished on the kissing scene between Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart on "The Twilight Saga's New Moon". Hinting at what the make-out scene between the depicters of Jacob Black and Bella Swan will be alike, the flick's helmer said he directed the scene based on the third book from Stephenie Meyer's vampire love saga.

"I can assure you we're staying very, very close [to the book]," Weitz recently told MTV of the smooching scene. A moment after that, he added, "No one will feel that I have betrayed [Robert Pattinson's] Edward and Bella's relationship."

Beside talking about the kissing scene of the film's leading characters, Weitz also shared his opinion about Jacob and his wolf pack on the second "Twilight" film. "They're much scarier by now. That was always the aim. The aim was to make them as fierce as possible, and they just got more and more and more dangerous as time went on," he said.

"The Twilight Saga's New Moon" will serve as the sequel of "Twilight". It will center on Bella Swan who begins to build closer friendship with Jacob Black after facing separation from her vampire lover Edward Cullen. Summit Entertainment plans to drop the flick in U.S. theaters on November 20.

http://www.celebrity-mania.com/news/vie ... 14.html#at

:o :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

^^^^^^^I really didnt want to know that. im trying to stay spoiler free.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

JazzGirl:

This is precisely why some fans are annoying. First off, Chris may have a little bit of say in it, but it's ultimately Melissa Rosenberg's script, not Chris Weitz's script. Saying that you now "hate Chris Weitz" is laughable. I swear, when books are adapted into movies, there are the crazy purists, and the more reasonable fans that wait until they see the entire film before passing extreme judgments.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I'm REALLY REALLY surprised that stephenie meyer okayed a kiss... I think she would have been adamantly against it.