Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
~*~Emily~*~
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon movie, take 5

Post by ~*~Emily~*~ »

So,I posted this on the Worried about NM thread.

Have you guys seen the new issue of EW? I don't have a copy yet,but it looks amazing! it's so great to see pictures of the actual filming.
<><
~TEAM EDWARD~
Team Cullen-Giving the word Vampire a whole new meaning
ImageImage
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Yeh^ still annoyed that bellas wearing a dress, not a blue shirt
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

Jadey wrote:Yeh^ still annoyed that bellas wearing a dress, not a blue shirt
yeah but they haven't gotten the clothes right since day one, why should that change now? I do like the chucks though.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

~*~Emily~*~ wrote:So,I posted this on the Worried about NM thread.

Have you guys seen the new issue of EW? I don't have a copy yet,but it looks amazing! it's so great to see pictures of the actual filming.
*SQUEALS* I am going to have to camp at my bookstore now and check out the magazines..Thanks everyone btw for clarifying the question I had about Jacob's hair.

fanMMN -I like Tay with shorter hair waaaaayyy better too. *rawr*

As for the poster...I think they should have reworked it to have Edward and Jake switching positions..That would make a little more sense to me than the way it is now..I still kind of like it though, so I am not too peeved.
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by IloveAliceCullen<3 »

G-Fearie,

I think you're right! They have to switch Edward's and Jacob's position. It makes me sad this way.
It's if Edward is walking away and give Bella one more look and then will never come back.

Oh My GOD. You never guess where I will be the next week! I'm in Rome.
And I so HATE it that they don't produce New moon there. I really hate it, I'm so near to Montepulciano but we can't go there, because I'm with school in Rome.

So all I hope for is:
I'm in the airplane and I see a yellow porsche driving beneath me. I hope, I really HOPE I will. But I don't think so.
We're leaving tonight and are coming back the 28ste of May. So I don't think I will see the porsche, but I really HOPE SO. <3
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

~*~Emily~*~ wrote:So,I posted this on the Worried about NM thread.

so is it on stands now?

Jadey wrote:Yeh^ still annoyed that bellas wearing a dress, not a blue shirt
That makes me think that means they aren't going to have Bella be as difficult about going to the party. Why would she dress up? Bella's not happy about it & wouldn't want to make a big deal and celebrate. Oh well I guess we'll have to see in November.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

amethyst wrote:I am very disappointed with the movie poster--the one thing that I love, is that Edward is in the front. Jacob cannot surpass Edward. The very essence of New Moon is Edward and Bella and the heartbreak they both experience being apart from each other. Not Jacob and Bella. Not Jacob, Bella and Edward. The latter in Eclipse? Sure. But not New Moon. I think I dislike the poster because I am biased towards Taylor. I seriously do not like that kid and he‘s butt-ugly (which is the complete opposite from the Jacob I picture in my head--). Why couldn’t Steven Strait (hot, tall, and Jacoby) play Jacob? … at the very least they should have did the CGI thing with Taylor to make him look physically taller, and why is his hair so short? Isn’t Jacob’s supposed to be cropped to his chin, I think?

I am not very excited for New Moon -- however, I CAN NOT FRIGGIN WAIT FOR VOLETTRA. Aro, Caius, Marcus…? Definitely can’t wait. And then the ending where Edward proposes to Bella and explains to her why he left … and also the beginning. I can’t wait to see the break up scene. Okay, so I am masochistic. But I really love that scene. It is so bitter, yet endearing in some ways. Because Edward is leaving for her. I definitely can’t wait to see Rob’s acting. That man is serious man candy. Too bad he’s not for sale ;)

Also, am I the only one who thinks the guy that plays Alec just doesn’t fit? I am still not sure who is going to play Felix and Demetri. I think Dakota Fanning is going to be awesome. She’s a great actress.

Also, I wasn’t exactly a fan of Kristen in Twilight--I thought she was horrible. But I think Chris is amazing and the best thing that has happened to this movie. I think his direction skills and experience are going to make all the actors shine, amazingly well too. So I am definitely stoked to see Kristen’s performance and Robert’s of coarse.
When I saw Steven Strait's picture on SM website under "Craptastic Covers", that was who I thought should have been Jacob. He is exactly who I pictured Jacob to look like and actually so did SM. She states that right above the photos.
He is truly gorgeous!!
But, to be fair, I think Taylor will bring the elements necessary for Jacob and do the best he can. He seems to understand Jacob Black in the interviews and such.

I just want to get my hands on that damn poster. It is time to start building my "New Moon" room with all the goodies coming out. Ack!!! Hurry up with the paraphernalia already!!! I'm such a nut case for this kind of stuff. :lol:
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I just thought of something!

Maybe Edward is in front of Jacob because of the whole Eclipse thing, Jacob not being able to fight with an Eclipse? So Jacob is the sun, and Edward is in front of him, therefore making an Eclipse?

Just an idea there. :D
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

-Jasper wrote:I just thought of something!

Maybe Edward is in front of Jacob because of the whole Eclipse thing, Jacob not being able to fight with an Eclipse? So Jacob is the sun, and Edward is in front of him, therefore making an Eclipse?

Just an idea there. :D
It would make sense, except that he doesn't have this epiphany until Eclipse.
sarah_cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by sarah_cullen »

I think they have Edward in front b/c he is Edward. Edward is always in the forefront of Bella's thoughts. Throughout NM she commits dangerous acts simply to "hear" his voice. The guy isn't even around in a huge chunk of the book and yet his presence is felt throughout the story. Jacob is there, trying to protect Bella, but her mind always drifts back to her true love. So, you have Edward in the front, Jacob sandwiched in between, fighting to be really seen by Bella, and Bella happy to have Jacob at her side, but searching for Edward.