Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Re: New Moon Trailer

Post by love_is_noise »

Amazing!
that's it, all I can say, amazing!
and i loved the birthday party scene....throwing jasper into the piano was so cool!
and i loved laurent, he looked really creepy. the eyes are so much better, and i prefered esme's hair, it seems different to twilight, more how i imagined it.....
amazing!
man, i'm so exited now, i don't even care if i have to miss my birthday, i just want it to be november already!
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Post by Meztli »

All I can say is Holy Crap, Holy Crap, Holy Crap!! I sawe it durning the MTV awards and they had it posted on the interent less than twenty minutes after its debut. I. Am. So. EXCITED!!! When Jake phased I was like :o I was freaking out. My whole family is excited about it. I might even asked for that day off of work so I can do a midnight showing. Anyone know how early to go to those?
Hydraulic Broom Trainee for EDC, INC.
Commander of Emmett's Undies~Jell-O Wars '09
Fanfiction Profile: Meztli
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Loved that the phasing scene was included, and that the red colour was much easier to spot without a close up of the actors face. I missed watching it on the tv, but checked it out online, and dang, why could Chris have done the CG on the first movie. With what little that was there, was awesome.

My younger bro was watch the MTV awards and saw the ad. With that minute and a half ad that had been aired, he said he wanted to see the movie. That is saying something considering that the series is more of a romance thing, and he's a few years younger than me.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Just wanted to chime in even though everybody already said how I felt about the trailer.
First off GO JACOB!!! GO TAYLOR!!! I'm a team Taycob member and tried everything to help Taylor reprise his role and I hope all the doubters out there will see that Taylor IS Jacob regardless of the height issue and the looking older part. He's embraced the role from the get go and worked so hard to keep the role (HELLO 8-pack!!!)

Also the b-day scene, fantastic as well as the break-up in the woods and Laurent!

I'm just wondering if anybody knows what scene from the book was when Bella yelled "Jake, run!!" Because I was thinking it was when Paul and Jacob was about to fight but Bella wasn't standing next to Jacob. They were standing across from each other and almost collided until Jacob jumps up and phased.

So if anybody can pinpoint which part of the book that was, it was really good but I still want to know.

I hope David Slade can make Eclipse as cool as the little we've seen of what Chris has done so far for New Moon.
Eclipse is my favorite book and I want it to be perfect!!!
got2bkidding
Settled in Forks

Post by got2bkidding »

Switzgal, it isn't actually any part of the book, technically, as far as I remember. I am a new Twilighter and just read all the books for the first time including New Moon, I read it TWICE in the last month. Technically Bella didn't know it was Jacob who saved her from Laurent. She only saw the wolves come into the clearing as a pack and something about the wolf reminded her of Jacob when he looked at her. (I think I have that right, feel free to correct me).

I am so glad I came here. I was SO SO SO excited when I saw the trailer BUT after thinking about it I was struggling with things like:

1.Why isn't Laurent sparkling because the sun was out in that scene?"

2.It looked like Laurent was at La Push when he was with Bella because Jacob ran from the porch of his house to save her. That didn't happen at La Push, it happened in the meadow.

(Maybe Jacob's jumping from the porch was an edit from another part of the movie, if not, why would they do that? The vampires--not just the Cullens but really none of them--crossed the boundary line because La Push was protected by the pack. That is why the wolves exist, to protect La Push. If Laurent was at La Push than it implies that the Wolves aren't doing there job, which we know didn't happen. They always did their job. ;) That bugged me only because after reading these books incessantly the last month I am of the opinion that Stephenie Meyer did a perfect job of thinking of everything....I don't want them to mess it up!)

3. At the birthday scene, part of what makes it so dramatic is the reactions of everyone...not just Edward's reaction. Now maybe they didn't show everyone's reactions in the trailer but it appeared that Edward was the only who reacted and everyone else just stood there. (I could be wrong).

Stuff like that was starting to worry me only because I am SOOOOO excited for this movie and I absolutely LOVED the book! Coming here got me excited again. Reading the reactions of some of you made me realize how great it is that we get to see this story come to life no matter how it is interpreted. I can't wait. That phasing WAS AWESOME!!!
Bellsuz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Bellsuz »

Switzgal, <edit> you were right, woohoo!!

Here's Taylor's explanation of the transformation scene and when it is...

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/396829 ... id=1612960

Hope that helps!!

<Edit> Can I just say, I'm super excited and cannot wait for the next preview!!!! CW has done an awesome job so far, yay!
Last edited by Bellsuz on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Credit to emaleth @ Vesperarium :)
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Yeah I was wondering maybe they added a scene when Bella said "Jake run!" I don't know. I've read the books (all of them at least 5 times each, well except Breaking Dawn because I only re-read the Jacob parts and Jacob's book. but I read Breaking Dawn the whole thing at least twice) I read Twilight back in 2006 or 2007 and didn't read New Moon since last summer. LOL!!

Anyway, I'm glad you joined the site. we're all die-hard Twilighters here!!!
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

Given the quality of the teaser trailer, I can say that NM is going to be so much better than Twilight the movie. The special effects is at least "special" here and more refined.

I still don't like how fake the wolf appears to be though. But the transformation is quite cool.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

So, how many here look at that phase and just think about how Jacob really just ripped all his clothes off?

Re: the wolf. It looks okay. I think having Bella in the background kinda skews the perspective- she either looks too far or too small, and it could be on purpose. But if you take into account the distance that Jacob leapt... Yeah. The wolf doesn't look big at all.
BellaNicole
Wandering Through Town

Post by BellaNicole »

Meztli wrote:All I can say is Holy Crap, Holy Crap, Holy Crap!! I sawe it durning the MTV awards and they had it posted on the interent less than twenty minutes after its debut. I. Am. So. EXCITED!!! When Jake phased I was like :o I was freaking out. My whole family is excited about it. I might even asked for that day off of work so I can do a midnight showing. Anyone know how early to go to those?
I was thinking the same thing. I already know I'm taking the day off. I want to purchase my ticket as SOON as its available. I'm swear I'm gonna go insane by November

I used to think of myself as a "mature" Twilight Fan (even though my daughter is named after the Twilight series), but as soon as see or hear anything about Twilight, New Moon, Rob, Taylor and even Kristen, no matter where I am or what I’m doing, I start screaming and hyperventilating. The trailer last night was amazing. New Moon is my favorite book in the series, so I have very high expectations and so far, I haven't been disappointed. As much as I would love for them to stay as true to the book as possible, I understand that some changes will be made and I can live with that. The wolf was unbelievable! I can’t wait to see the whole pack together!!! As long as Kristen gets the depression part down, it should be perfect.
Alice's Party Planning Committe: Bag Carrier