Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sannois
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: New Moon Trailer

Post by Sannois »

Well I am totally obsessed. I cannot count how many times I have watched it. Nice that I found this place so I won't be judged on my obsessiveness! :lol: I have some theories. Sorry if they have been mentioned. I am pretty sure those are segmented pieces of the filming, just to wet our appetite. Not in any specific order. I think the birthday scene has more to it. I have seen stills on the New Moon movie site. There's one of Carlisle sitting next to bella on the floor with a look of horror on his face, Several others. I think the meadow scene with Laurant is very shortened, I bet there's more. And I am sort of hoping that the phasing scene with Jacob, is unrelated to Laurant in the meadow. That is for sure not like that in the book.
Either way, it looks wonderful. I think the wolf is great. I think they will look bigger, we never really saw anyone next to him to compare. I will be curious to see Sam's wolf, and Leah's. And I know the final trailer will be far more involved.
This was a teaser for all the fans. And so glad they made it for us. I agree with the person who said the trailer makes it harder to wait. I want more! :? :D ;)
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Re: not being horse-sized wolves. I think it would probably look cornier if they were TOO big since they are in CGI. Anyone else think it'll take GOOD acting on the part of especially Kristen (and moreso in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn) to interact with a character NOT there, even if they have a person there.

Re: not being rainy. There are approx 230 cloudy days in the Olympia area every year, that does leave over 130 days to be sunny, although I'm sure most are in the summer.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

OMG!! Just found it on Stephenie Mayer's website and I instantly had goose pimples. All my hair on my arms and neck stood up. It looks amazing and I was nervous how they would show the wolf phasing but it actually looked really really good. I cant wait now!!
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I agree that horse sized, CGI wolves would probably look pretty goofy. I think they actually did a pretty good job of making them look pretty realistic. And the interview with Jacob explaining the clip did help out ALOT. It's on MTV's website if anyone hasn't seen it.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

vampirenerd wrote:I agree that horse sized, CGI wolves would probably look pretty goofy. I think they actually did a pretty good job of making them look pretty realistic. And the interview with Jacob explaining the clip did help out ALOT. It's on MTV's website if anyone hasn't seen it.

Okay, after reviewing the MTV preview of the clip (thanks Edward_Addict for that), I agree that horse-sized would have looked a bit weird, but I would have loved them to be at least a little bigger and beefier because they are supernatural and would not look so "normal" if you will. But in the end, CW did a good job with the effects and this looks to be a really good movie. I love the photography and the make-up looks sooooo much better.

Does anyoneknow when the posters, soundtrack and other goodies are coming out. I sooo need a "New Moon" room now.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Things I noticed:

* They finally have Alice's hair black.

* Rosalie looked a little too happy at Bella's birthday party.

* Was it just me or was the break-up a little under-reacted? And by that I mean Edward wasn't "kind" about the break up. At least that's not how I remember it. And this almost seemed "well, I'm leaving, I don't wanna, but I gotta" where it should've been "I've had my fun, but now it's time to move on. You'll get over it quickly enough because you're ... human." I mean I recall him being cruel to help her get over him leaving, because he made such a point of it later telling her how should could ever believe he didn't love her anymore. This seemed like one of those teenage moments where you're boy/girlfriend moves away and it's sad, but it has to happen because neither can control what their parents do. Am I wrong about that?

* The look on Edward's face after he tossed Jasper was devastating. *sniff*

* Wow, Taylor looks amazing. I'm hoping his version of Jake in NM will help me like the character. I liked Jake in Twilight, but ... that could all change. *crosses fingers for Taylor and the big job ahead of him*

* The phasing looked awesome.

* And wow did they make Laurent's eyes redder. Or is that just me?

Over all I think it looks amazing! The trailer has a wholly different feel to it then Twilight ... and that's solely because of the directors. Then again, NM gets serious. I can't wait for a longer version of the trailer. WOO HOO!
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

elizabella wrote: Dover-we must be about the same age...I just turned 30 this year. :twisted: Gah still can't say it without nearly being sick! :oops:
We're exactly the same age then. I'm turning 30 this December...It scares the hell out of me :lol:
got2bkidding wrote: I KNOW!!! RIGHT?? I wish you hadn't pointed out how young Taylor is though :( ...it seemed ok to lust after him when I thought of him as Jacob (cause Jacob aged up to 25) but when we mention his REAL age I feel like a perve! :o :lol: I have a 15 year old son...it is JUST WRONG for me to think Taylor is hot. Darn it....
Sorry I brought it up :) But it's not wrong to think he's hot :D That is the body of a man. Everytime I see that 8 pack, I just can't take my eyes off him :oops:
JenTheWriter wrote: * Was it just me or was the break-up a little under-reacted? And by that I mean Edward wasn't "kind" about the break up. At least that's not how I remember it. And this almost seemed "well, I'm leaving, I don't wanna, but I gotta" where it should've been "I've had my fun, but now it's time to move on. You'll get over it quickly enough because you're ... human." I mean I recall him being cruel to help her get over him leaving, because he made such a point of it later telling her how should could ever believe he didn't love her anymore.
He was cruel in the book. His eyes were cold and hard. And Bella said she could see into them for miles, and nowhere could she find anything to contradict his harsh words. I just read it today. But we saw so little of the leaving scene in the trailer. Basically we saw just the end of it. I'm hope when we get the full scene, we get to see to his harsh words when he says he doesn't want her to come with him, and that she's not good for him. And then I want to see them both making their promises. I would love to see some sign that he cares for her, when he tells her not to do anything stupid and reckless.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
CullensGirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CullensGirl14 »

lilmisstrouble wrote:
There's a video reaction from Taylor Lautner on the MTV website that he describes the different Jake scenes in the trailer. You can probably have a better idea of the timeline from there.
That was a link earlier in the topic right? If so, the video won't play because i'm outside the USA.

But yeah the rest helped, thanks :D

**Edit**

Is it wrong to be 21 and lusting after Taylor? Lol :lol:
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I have a favor to ask.
My computer's sound stopped working so I have not seen the trailer (other than the first 15 seconds that came out early) with sound. So could someone post what they say after Bella says "I love you" pretty please?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Meztli
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Playing thunderball with the Cullens in a Demetri-free land!

Post by Meztli »

Dovrebanen, I agree with you about what Jen said. We didn't see the entire break up clip so we really have no idea if he was cruel or not. We'll have to wait until the movie comes out.

Cullensgirl14 and Debussygirl, the best video I found was on Stephenie Meyer's offical web site. And the phasing is in my banner so don't look if you haven't seen the trailer!!!!

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~