Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by ringswraith »

You think my post was bad?

When it came time for Edward to strip, my younger niece leans over to me and whispers "Pay attention to his nipples."

Me: "What?"

Her: "Just look." Then, reveal. "See? They don't look right!"

I hope Mr. Pattinson reads this at some point, because I defended his nipples. "I think it's just all the makeup and lightning and CGI." Then later, after the fight, where Felix has him in a chokehold, I lean over to her and say "See? They look just fine there."

We were still having this discussion when we left the theater (after pausing to watch the rest of the movie of course). My older niece defused the situation by saying "And then we have Taylor, who's got tiny little nipples on his pecs. They're just tiny round things." (She even made a motion of indicating on her chest where they were on his pecs.) :lol:

I love my family. :D

Oh and Vi- tell your mom she rocks. ;)
NeDzThErApYfOroCd
Settled in Forks

Post by NeDzThErApYfOroCd »

Ok I went to see NM the first time on Sat.. I was not about to go at midnight and listen to screaming girls, and I had to work til 9:30 Fri.. I liked it, but I wasn't completely loving it, mind you it was my least favorite book anyway. So I went this evening to watch again and I enjoyed it more. The second theaters screen seemed to be better quality and the picture looked so much better, that was one of my problems with the first. I did cry at the first one during the months scene, but I felt more emotion with the characters the second. I agree with some people about the eyes, yes they looked better but is there not a happy medium between the two? I have to say though at the end at the first one I knew what was coming because stupid me got on here before I went and so I was waiting for the reaction of everyone else and I was not disappointed the first thing you heard in a quiet theatre when it went black was a guy yell Son of a ******! Everyone started laughing at that point.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I didn't see any of that- my friends and I were all covering each other's eyes. *shudders* Eww. Eww eww eww.
Yes, we are the annoying ones. Who got the best seats in the theater, of course.
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

Time Passing- that was well done. The one downer- It doesn't snow in Washington!!!
I beg to differ! I live in Washington and last snow season we had a new record snowfall for the season of over 100 inches. However, what I presume you meant to say here was that it doesn't snow in Forks. Again, I beg to differ. My first husband was born and raised in Forks and I can assure you that it does snow there, although not often due to the proximity to the ocean. So for any of you who thought that didn't seem realistic, you can decide for yourself, I guess.
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

The secret of the Volvo is revealed:
Edward's Chameleon-Esque Car
If his lousy parking job distracted you, perhaps you didn't notice that when Edward pulled into Forks High, his famed Volvo was no longer gray, as it was in the novels and the first movie. Hey, Chris Weitz, what gives? "I've taken a real spanking for this, a lot of heat," the director explained. "I'll tell you exactly why: Volvo wanted to give us a new, different car so I didn't want to paint it exactly the same silver color, because then [Twilighters] would be saying, 'Why are they trying to say that it's the same car; it's obviously not.' So, I thought, 'Well, I'll choose a new color!' And I thought I would choose slate black, not a reflective black, because it actually absorbs light and it would reflect the mood and melancholy and depression [of his character]. I know I got it wrong, I apologize for that. But that is my reasoning."
LOL poor Chris apologized to the fans!
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

^^^^^^ I heard! I was so mad! Chris did a great job with the movie, but him changing the color of the volvo...Honestly, its criminal. :(
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

ringswraith wrote:You think my post was bad?

When it came time for Edward to strip, my younger niece leans over to me and whispers "Pay attention to his nipples."

Me: "What?"

Her: "Just look." Then, reveal. "See? They don't look right!"

I hope Mr. Pattinson reads this at some point, because I defended his nipples. "I think it's just all the makeup and lightning and CGI." Then later, after the fight, where Felix has him in a chokehold, I lean over to her and say "See? They look just fine there."

We were still having this discussion when we left the theater (after pausing to watch the rest of the movie of course). My older niece defused the situation by saying "And then we have Taylor, who's got tiny little nipples on his pecs. They're just tiny round things." (She even made a motion of indicating on her chest where they were on his pecs.) :lol:

I love my family. :D

Oh and Vi- tell your mom she rocks. ;)
:o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh Rings!!!!!! Oh Sweet Baby Jesus!!! That is the funniest thing I have read tonight. Thank you so much for that. And tell your nieces they both rock, hard (though I love the TeamEdwarder slightly harder :lol: )

Going to see it again, tomorrow. CANT BLOODY WAIT!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
lizard68
Settled in Forks

Post by lizard68 »

I've seen it twice -- Midnight and then Sunday afternoon, and I love it!!!!!! Sooooo much better than Twilight! It was the book on film most of the time, which is what I wanted, and when it wasn't it was even better (Edward in Brazil) or just as good (Harry's heart attack/Victoria/wolves). I would have loved to see more of B&E when they returned from Volterra, but I know the movie could only be so long and I wouldn't have removed any of the earlier scenes. Thank you Chris!!

I only had one concern (and it's minor) but I was surprised Edward let Bella go hug Jake in the ending scene. I know she said read his mind -- he's not going to hurt me, but I just remember in the book where Bella is reaching out to Jake and Edward is holding her back. I just wonder how it is going to play in Eclipse with Edward not wanting her it be around Jake at all -- seems like it will be a reversal, maybe they will say it's because it's at LaPush and he can't be there and Alice can't see...I don't know, that's just the only thing that made me wonder.

I also have a question. If anyone knows -- What did Aro say at the end of his scene when they are walking out before Heidi comes in? He says something in a foreign language. I'm guessing Italian? I looked back in my book to see if I had forgotten, but I couldn't find anything. I know they discuss la tua cantante in the beginning of the scene, but this is different. Any ideas?
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

lizard68 wrote:I only had one concern (and it's minor) but I was surprised Edward let Bella go hug Jake in the ending scene. I know she said read his mind -- he's not going to hurt me, but I just remember in the book where Bella is reaching out to Jake and Edward is holding her back. I just wonder how it is going to play in Eclipse with Edward not wanting her it be around Jake at all -- seems like it will be a reversal, maybe they will say it's because it's at LaPush and he can't be there and Alice can't see...I don't know, that's just the only thing that made me wonder.

I also have a question. If anyone knows -- What did Aro say at the end of his scene when they are walking out before Heidi comes in? He says something in a foreign language. I'm guessing Italian? I looked back in my book to see if I had forgotten, but I couldn't find anything. I know they discuss la tua cantante in the beginning of the scene, but this is different. Any ideas?
My theory is that Edward will use THAT instance as further proof that Jake isn't safe, even when he thinks he is. Wolves are unstable, as is completely evident by that little exchange. As for what Aro said, it was in Latin. I am hoping to catch all of it tomorrow so I can find a way to translate, but at this point, that's all I know.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

theotherStephanie wrote:
Time Passing- that was well done. The one downer- It doesn't snow in Washington!!!
I beg to differ! I live in Washington and last snow season we had a new record snowfall for the season of over 100 inches. However, what I presume you meant to say here was that it doesn't snow in Forks. Again, I beg to differ. My first husband was born and raised in Forks and I can assure you that it does snow there, although not often due to the proximity to the ocean. So for any of you who thought that didn't seem realistic, you can decide for yourself, I guess.
I know it snows sometimes, I live in Oregon! Basically the same weather. And yes, I know it would have snowed while they were filming because we had an excellent ski season, but since New Moon is techincally set in... 2003? it wouldn't have been snowing. The big ice storm was in 2002, I think...