Discussion of the New Moon Movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: I've Seen New Moon! (Spoiler Alert)

Post by switzgal »

BOO... looks like THE BLIND SIDE took number 1 at the box office this weekend beating New Moon!!
Disappointing!
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

switzgal wrote:BOO... looks like THE BLIND SIDE took number 1 at the box office this weekend beating New Moon!!
Disappointing!
Now way!!! :( How come? Argh, this can't be true! LOL
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I've seen it twice, too. And its still only okay, for me. I don't think I'll need to see it again, can't take any more of Robert. >.<
I took about ten sticky notes worth of notes so I could remember everything. Yeah, I'm insane.

Impressions upon the second time seeing:
Kirsten needs to wear a bra when she runs. It reminds me of the chubby girls on my soccer team.
On second thought, I don't like the glitter as much. Its still better than twilight, but.... Eww. It makes Robert look like a unicorn, but hornless. (Unless its elsewhere... I think I need to wash my fingers for typing that...)
Taylor's face when he's hugging Kirsten is hillarious! "I've got your girlfriend, nah na nah na nah nah!"
Pretty much every line before the birthday party is super cheesy. "You give me everything just by breathing, Bella." :lol:
Still happy Jackson got lines in this one. Definetely improving my opinion of him for Sokka.
I loooooove the truck, have I ever mentioned that? That's an awesome truck, even if its gas mileage fails.
I don't really care what you supporters say, I still can't stand Kirsten's need to blink. Its just over the top, but that's my opinion, so don't jump me for it. It just makes me feel like she's having an epileptic spasm or something.
Robert always looks like he's going to puke when he kisses Kirsten. I know he's just trying to portray the emtion, that she still is a temptation, but could he do it without that face, maybe? Unless she really does smell like crap/strawberries.
So, I liked the months scene, but with the spinning, and the spinning in later scenes, it feels like I'm watching Cloverfield all over again!
Still wanna kick Kirsten in Port Angeles. I don't think Bella's precisely THAT sucidal. Dudes on bikes? Creepers!
I had this in my head while the phantom Edward's were appearing, "The Phaaaaantom of the Edward is near, inside my mind..." Bwahahaha.
They have a lot of really bad lines in here, if you look at them the wrong way. I wonder if Melissa writes them like that intentionally to see how many of us laugh. I also thinks she watches too much Lion King, there's an exact quote in Twilight and a near miss in New Moon.
I love how they say Laurent with an accent all the time. "Lor-ahn!" Bwahaha.
I noticed, all of the pack have pectoral man boobs. Its interesting. Do all buff guys have those?
Wolf fighting/chasing is still totally sick. I just noticed, too, they did a lot better job with the vampires running and moving suepr fast. Its almost like they bend time when they run, showing how they move faster than the eye can see.
Drowning Bella has a Titanic like quality, as many people in my theater commented on.
I'm going to the zoo to et a wolf plushie, because they have one that looks an awful lot like Jake. *drools*
"Don't get me upset" translates to... "Don't get me angry! You won't like me when I'm angry!"
However, I did enjoy the Volturi very much, cept Marcus shouldn't talk.
And Vamptastic!Bella still fails. Honestly, who in their right mind would wear... THAT? SHe must not have let Alice dress her. *looks at Ashely's clothes* Or maybe she did.
My one comment on the end, from when Bella leaves Alice onward: Its all very rushed, like Chris realized he only had about 1/2 hour, 45 minutes left in which to fit a third of the book, which has ALL the important stuff, in. The script and acting simply don't do the proper justice to the book as they should. Its not insanely horrible, like Twilight, but simply not... right.
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Post by footloose »

gotta agree with most people here. Chris does a great job with NM...there's still room for improvement of course (the reconciliation scene feels a bit rushed...Bella too readily believes that Edward still wants her), but overall it's a much better adaptation than Twilight as it captures the romance and angst that is the heart of the saga. Kristen and Rob have improved a lot and more into their characters, although they still rely heavily on facial expression/body language to convey emotions. IMHO great actors should be able to communicate emotions very subtly (case in point: Dakota Fanning. Did you see how her smile oh-so-slowly falters when she realizes she cannot affect Bella? And the evil satisfaction in her eyes when torturing Edward). Taylor Lautner did a GREAT job though...he's not just playing Jacob, he IS Jacob as i imagined him in the book. Every bit as funny, annoying and sarcastic. I would kiss the feet of the people who fought for him to stay in the saga. I was kinda 'eh' when they picked Michael Sheen as Aro as he's not that handsome but wow oh wow was he MAGNIFICENT! Charlie, Alice and Carlisle are as great as always. The special effects (esp. the wolves) are great, the scenes are beautiful, and the music score is haunting. It's not that often that the score of a movie makes me want to cry, and this is the second after Harry Potter 3 (another great book adaptation...the best of the series so far). The soundtrack actually supports the movie instead of drowning it like in Twilight. Final verdict: Chris Weitz MUST return for Breaking Dawn!!!
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

Just a short info: According to Access Hollywood, New Moon DVD will be released in February 2010. :D
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

omec!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazingness pure gold!

Pros:
so accurate <3
the break up and bella walking through the forest
the wolves (minus jacob =]) HOTTIES!
emmett "dating an older woman hot" i LOLed
cliff-diving was like from my head to the screen
SO MANY MORE

Cons:
wtf was Bella doing on that motorcycle with the random guy?!
no Volturi Tower lobby before they leave Italy </3
Edward wouldnt ever let Bella get in between him and Jake in wolf form. EVER
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
emory
Settled in Forks

Post by emory »

footloose wrote:case in point: Dakota Fanning. Did you see how her smile oh-so-slowly falters when she realizes she cannot affect Bella? And the evil satisfaction in her eyes when torturing Edward.
Couldn't agree more. The secondary characters seem to be portrayed somewhat better. Maybe its because you don't have as much to judge them by, but either way she did a great job as Jane.
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightnewbie »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:I've seen it twice, too. And its still only okay, for me. I don't think I'll need to see it again, can't take any more of Robert. >.<
I took about ten sticky notes worth of notes so I could remember everything. Yeah, I'm insane.

Impressions upon the second time seeing:
Kirsten needs to wear a bra when she runs. It reminds me of the chubby girls on my soccer team.
OK, so the snarky comments about Kristen are starting again. You took notes and this is the first thing you comment on in your post :roll:
Still happy Jackson got lines in this one. Definitely improving my opinion of him for Sokka.

Actually, he had more lines in Twilight. But he sounded different in New Moon, he delivered them with different intonation, it sounded a little strange to me. But he does have some great lines though.

I don't really care what you supporters say, I still can't stand Kirsten's need to blink. Its just over the top, but that's my opinion, so don't jump me for it. It just makes me feel like she's having an epileptic spasm or something.

Don't jump me for it??! You posted it. I remember this criticism of Kristen from Twilight, and while it may be more of a valid point there, I looked for it in New Moon, and it is way less pronounced/frequent than in New Moon. I guess you just can't give Kristen a break.

Robert always looks like he's going to puke when he kisses Kirsten. I know he's just trying to portray the emotion, that she still is a temptation, but could he do it without that face, maybe? Unless she really does smell like crap/strawberries.

Unless she really does smell like crap/strawberries??!-the snarkiness just continues. :x And if you were really paying attention to the kiss outside Charlie's, you would have noticed his reaction is grief, because he already knows its a goodbye kiss.

Still wanna kick Kristen in Port Angeles. I don't think Bella's precisely THAT suicidal. Dudes on bikes? Creepers!

You are correct, in the book Bella doesn't get on that guy's bike. But Kristen didn't write the screenplay, sheesh :?

They have a lot of really bad lines in here, if you look at them the wrong way. I wonder if Melissa writes them like that intentionally to see how many of us laugh.

It would have been nice if you would have given some examples. But you are right that Melissa occasionally doesn't set up the line of dialogue from the book correctly because she picks and chooses. But I think she did a better job in New Moon.

I love how they say Laurent with an accent all the time. "Lor-ahn!" Bwahaha.

Actually, in the meadow scene, Kristen pronounces the "t" at the end of his name, so I guess you can jump all over her for that too. :P

Drowning Bella has a Titanic like quality, as many people in my theater commented on.

You mean like she's a disaster? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

And Vamptastic!Bella still fails. Honestly, who in their right mind would wear... THAT? SHe must not have let Alice dress her. *looks at Ashely's clothes* Or maybe she did.

Actually, I thought Kristen/Bella looked beautiful in that scene. Ah, how you ladies like to criticize other women's wardrobes
:lol:
Twilightnewbie
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

edward x lover wrote:Cons:
Edward wouldnt ever let Bella get in between him and Jake in wolf form. EVER
But he does. So you can't really say that. :)

As far as Vamp!Bella in the "vision" I stared in disbelief. Then I told my nieces they might as well have made it a beach, with Edward and Bella running into each other's arms...
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

@twilightnewbie

For a moment I thought you had called me a twi-noob, but then I realized that was your siggy. Phew, no need to eat your soul.

First off- those are my opinions. I'll admit, I'm biased- I rather dislike Kirsten Stewart and can't stand Robert Pattinson. Therefore, rather than call them bad words or abuse them without reason, I like to make fun of them. And I'm a snarky person in general, I can't help but let it leach into everything I do.

On the "this is the first thing you comment on in your post" I was going in order as to how I wrote them. Chronologically by how scenes in the movie were. Not what struck me first. Really, if I could help it, I'd never look at her bralessness again. *shudders*

"occasionally doesn't set up the line of dialogue from the book correctly": I was talking dirty, not badly written, though when you look at the amount of cheese put in... but most of that was originally in New Moon, so can't really blame Melissa there.