Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Does that mean they might release Eclipse sooner, and start filming Breaking Dawn too?
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Eclipse is being released June 20, 2010 -- same track it's been on since the beginning. Rob announced in an interview they're going to start shooting BD in fall of 2010, but it isn't confirmed by Summit yet.
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

0.o Thats cool. I can't wait to see it! Thanks for your help!
eclipse79
Settled in Forks

Post by eclipse79 »

Having seen come pictures David took and posted on twitter, I am not concerned at all.
He is an extremely expressive and artistic person, so I can't wait to see his portrayal of this book.
I don't think we have to be worried until if/when they start shoorting BD. Who knows what they are going to do with it!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Ok I'm now officially worried.....
after what Chris Weitz have done to New Moon..... I mean how can you top that!!!!
I guess we just have to start over with the expectations for this movie...

twilight wasn't really good and a big let down, so all CW had to do was do it better.. and that wasn't very difficult...
but now.... for even to do it as good as CW will be a challence for Eclipse.......

oooh boy... I've started already to worry about a movie that will come out in more than half a years time :oops:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

^You're not the only worrying one, I'm wondering how it's going to rate compared with Twilight and New Moon. Hopefully at the same level as New Moon *fingers crossed*
It would be so easy for Eclipse to turn out bad.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

peachykeen wrote:I would be far less worried about it if we were still in the middle of filming. But the movie's practically done now. I was far more confident in "New Moon" when it was at the point of production that "Eclipse" is now in. Not once do I recall anyone even mentioning the love triangle or the heartbreak or the intensity of it, let alone the romance between Edward and Bella and how they've gotten to a place where they can finally start to just "be" without constantly worrying about Edward killing her every single second. "Eclipse" is my FAVORITE. I'm going to be extremely upset if the romance/love triangle takes back seat to a bunch of unnecessary blood, gore, and vampire-beheading (I actually could REALLY do without it, period, but that's probably asking for too much with a director like Slade).
OMG, you pretty much said everything I wanted to write! I am a bit worried about Eclipse. The movie is finished, nothing can be changed anymore. And yes, I hope it won't be an 'action/horror/whatever' movie. I loved the romantic parts of it the most... There are SO many wonderful moments between Edward and Bella, they HAVE to be in the movie... I know we should not panic here now (since we have not seen or heard anything about it yet), but something is telling me that I am going to be disappointed... I hope I'm wrong! :(
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

Well, if this comforts any of you, here's an update from David Slade's twitter (submitted today):

Working Sunday, battle sequences coming together, first half of film feeling very emotional, still early days.

David Slade's first feature film, Hard Candy, was able to be so artistic with only two main actors. He should handle Eclipse beautifully.
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

swedishskinjer wrote:Well, if this comforts any of you, here's an update from David Slade's twitter (submitted today):

Working Sunday, battle sequences coming together, first half of film feeling very emotional, still early days.
Thanks! :) I hope these won't just be the love triangle scenes... LOL I want/need more Edward and Bella scenes!!! Gosh, they were so romantic and beautiful in the book! :shock:
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

TeAm_EdWaRd wrote:
swedishskinjer wrote:Well, if this comforts any of you, here's an update from David Slade's twitter (submitted today):

Thanks! :) I hope these won't just be the love triangle scenes... LOL I want/need more Edward and Bella scenes!!! Gosh, they were so romantic and beautiful in the book! :shock:
Well, think of it this way:

The actors from the Cullen family are mainly mentioning the battle scenes because those will be their "main" scenes as a group. Nikki Reed has repeatedly mentioned that her emotional background as a character will be covered. Let's take some comfort in knowing that they will be including the backgrounds of Jasper and Rosalie.

Kristen, Taylor and Rob have repeatedly been mentioning the intensity of the relationships in Eclipse. Taylor even said that his favorite scene to shoot was the tent scene between all three of them. David Slade is an amazing stylist, and he's a very talented photographer. I can't wait to see his visual style for Eclipse.

In an interview about the movies, the main clothing designer for New Moon/Eclipse said that we will even see a glimpse of the Volturi on their private jet. :D