Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by GrayceM »

Jazz Girl wrote:PennyBug~ According to tweets from folks who watched the preview, yes, Bella punches him AND HARD!!! I was happy to hear that. I'm hoping that the "I will break your jaw for her." line will come after this, when Edward prepares to leave with her. As for Bella, I'm not sure. It's hard to get a read from what we saw. Remember, in the book, she's in the car already and totally blowing off everything Jacob says to her. So, we'll have to wait and see how the full scene plays out.

EDIT: Apparently, after the big Oprah show interview, Rob, Kristen and Taylor gave a pretty nifty interview to USA Today. They were asked some questions about Eclipse and Rob specifically addressed the scene we are all waiting on tenterhooks for...THE PROPOSAL. Here's what he had to say;
Pattinson, meanwhile, struggled with Edward's rather formal proposal to Bella, which reflects the fact that although his vintage vampire looks 17, he hails from the turn of the last century.

"I was dreading the day it was coming," he says of the scene that was held until the very end of the shoot. "The first time I read the script, I thought, 'This is impossible.' " References to "promenades" and sharing "iced tea on the porch" as Edward explains how he would have courted Bella in the old days especially stuck in his throat. "It's so earnest. I finally convinced the producers that you can play it with a bit of awareness of not being a fictional character. I'm not trying to be part of a Gothic novel."

When Pattinson finally watched it, however, he was pleasantly surprised. "It seems different when you see it."

And, here's the full interview. I think it's bloody well adorable. :D

Thank you for this link. I love this interview and makes me worry even less. I was hoping that they would keep the "old-fashioned" Edward in the movies.
Grayce
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

Being in Imax doesn't mean it's a 3D movie, it just puts it on a gigantic screen.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Twilight Saga Eclipse trailer~ Destiny

I'll keep my snarky comments about Jacob's delusions to myself. :twisted:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

I saw the bits of scenes that were on Oprah when the cast was on there last week. One thing I noticed that Slade got right...Edward's eyes change color. The scene where Jacob is waiting on them to finish kissing and Edward says "doesn't he own a shirt" his eyes are black...since he's leaving her to go hunting and he's hungry. Then they go back to gold :D I love that. Their eyes change color all the time in the books, depending on how long it's been since they fed.
I liked the scene with Edward confronting Jacob about kissing her. I imagined that he wouldn't be yelling, but there would be such force behind his words. But like a previous poster, I didn't quite see them standing so close. Oh well...still think it will be great!
Grayce
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Jazz Girl wrote:Twilight Saga Eclipse trailer~ Destiny

I'll keep my snarky comments about Jacob's delusions to myself. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: i just vented mine briefly over in the halfway house, i always think its safe to do it there because we all kind of agree on it ha ha.

right im off to read that interview im reaaallllyyy intrigued

***** edit: read it and loved it lol ********
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Jazz Girl wrote: PennyBug~ According to tweets from folks who watched the preview, yes, Bella punches him AND HARD!!! I was happy to hear that. I'm hoping that the "I will break your jaw for her." line will come after this, when Edward prepares to leave with her. As for Bella, I'm not sure. It's hard to get a read from what we saw. Remember, in the book, she's in the car already and totally blowing off everything Jacob says to her. So, we'll have to wait and see how the full scene plays out.
Good! I'm glad to hear that!! And yes we'll just have to wait to see how he whole scene plays out.

I read the USA Today interview & it's just awesome!! I love the fact that Rob was worried about it,that means he wanted to get it right!! So I really hope that scene turns out really well!! And if it is done well the whole theatre is probably going to swoon or cheer or do something. Just thinking of it now makes me kind of giddy.
:lol:
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

Ok I DVR'd the Ellen show that Nikki Reed was on. They showed a clip of the scene with Rosalie talking to Bella about her choice. I'm sure that they tell Rosalie's story, and I'm happy about that. But I have to say, I reeeealllyyy hope that her make up does not look like that in the actual movie. It was incredibly white and her contacts were a bizarre color and pattern.
I was under the impression that the Cullens, although noticeably paler than humans, were still able to blend in. And Bella is supposed to be pale in comparison to a lot of humans herself, but in that scene, Nikki looked as though they had white washed her. :shock: Even her hair, which I assume is a wig, looked painted.
Grayce
jonilee73
Settled in Forks

Post by jonilee73 »

Ugh! Just saw the "I kissed Bella" scene. So frustrated. They ruined the scene. The thing about Edward is that he is supposed to keep his cool and be mature about it. I liked that scene in the book because I think that is the scene where Charlie starts to like Edward just a TINY bit again. And now they make him look terrible. Has anyone else watched the scene? Do you agree?
Forbidden to remember, terrifed to forget
You compare one small tree to the entire forest.

bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

he doesnt really keep his cool in the book though, i mean he does get angry just maybe not as physically angry as robward does :lol: i don't know i kind of like it :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

jonilee73 wrote:Ugh! Just saw the "I kissed Bella" scene. So frustrated. They ruined the scene. The thing about Edward is that he is supposed to keep his cool and be mature about it. I liked that scene in the book because I think that is the scene where Charlie starts to like Edward just a TINY bit again. And now they make him look terrible. Has anyone else watched the scene? Do you agree?

I didn't like it either. I mean I don't think it was bad or anything, but I really loved that scene in the book and I was really excited to see it played out in the movie, the banter between Jacob and Charlie, Bella being mad and stubborn, Edward being calm yet terrifying and charlie and bellas banter. I am assuming Bella calls Edward while in the car with Jacob or how does Jacob know what happened? He wasn't waiting for her at the treaty line because she left early and alice couldn't see anything while Jacob and Bella are together.

I liked the scene much better in the book for this part. I had very few parts of the book that I had hoped would remain intact completely. This was one of them.