Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by debussygirl »

So we had a TON of info on Twilight, with all of the Twilight Tuesdays (which I miss a bunch! :( ) and we've had a fair amount of NM info, but hardly anything on Eclipse, just pics that David Slade puts on his twitter, which don't give much away. So I will be worried until I see something that makes me believe this will be good.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

^^^^^^^^^^ I completely agree. It's really hard to believe they're almost done filming! We've gotten hardly anything.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

I think they're deliberately trying to not release much on Eclipse until New Moon comes out and concludes its publicity "tour". They don't want to steal the spotlight by having lots of Eclipse updates dominating the discussions on Twilight boards. :P
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

We now know why Edward's car is different:

http://www.volvocars.com/newmoon/Pages/ ... ps_landing
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

i hate the car, its like a mommy wagon.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

Huh, maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I dont get it. Why is that contest the reason why it's different?
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Think of it as a REALLY REALLY big marketing campaign. Ten bucks you see the Volvo logo ALL over the place at certain premiers and such. It's like a you scratch our back and we'll scratch yours. I believe the NM budget is around $50m(don't quote me), and it may sound like a lot compared to Twilight, but it's really not. The Harry Potter franchise has like 200k budgets (and i know i read that half-blooded prince was $250K). Summit needs all the sponsors they can get and if it comes down to changing the car, the $ in their eyes oversee anything the fans say. I mean, they know it won't stop any of us from seeing it, we'll just complain about it amongst ourselves.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett

So is the Volvo in New Moon/Eclipse a new model? If it is, that makes perfect sense, if not i don't see why they cant just use the model in Twilight. And also, why does it have to be black? It would make it better if it was the new model but still silver. Or did they make it silver in post production, or something?
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

its just a car color, does it really matter?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Ok first about the cars..... I have seen photos of the eclipse/new moon set with the C30 silver volvo... so I think they will have both in it... very very good publicity stunt from Volvo... I don't like the black one either but the director will say....
"hey it's just one of the cullen cars"...

I have seen the trailers of new moon and I have to admit Chris is doing until now a fantastic job but I think we should give David a chance... :)
I agree that I worry a bit about all the action he is planning to put in and that he gives Victoria to much attention...
And what is it about guy-friendly....? :?: It's a romance, there is noway you could get that completely guy friendly

Maybe he'll do a good job, the first picture of Bella and Edward he released looked so beautiful, just like a fairytale
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house