Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

swedishskinjer wrote:Well, think of it this way:

The actors from the Cullen family are mainly mentioning the battle scenes because those will be their "main" scenes as a group. Nikki Reed has repeatedly mentioned that her emotional background as a character will be covered. Let's take some comfort in knowing that they will be including the backgrounds of Jasper and Rosalie.

Kristen, Taylor and Rob have repeatedly been mentioning the intensity of the relationships in Eclipse. Taylor even said that his favorite scene to shoot was the tent scene between all three of them. David Slade is an amazing stylist, and he's a very talented photographer. I can't wait to see his visual style for Eclipse.

In an interview about the movies, the main clothing designer for New Moon/Eclipse said that we will even see a glimpse of the Volturi on their private jet. :D
Yeah, I understand your first point. I actually cannot wait for Jasper's and Rosalie's stories! :)

I'm aware of the fact that there will be many scenes of Bella, Edward and the other guy (LOL) together. I just hope we'll also get to see some precious Edward/Bella moments like I said above... Hope they won't leave them out!

Btw, here are some facts about Eclipse (I'm sure you've already seen them):
http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/twilight ... ga_eclipse
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

TeAm_EdWaRd wrote:
swedishskinjer wrote:Well, think of it this way:

The actors from the Cullen family are mainly mentioning the battle scenes because those will be their "main" scenes as a group. Nikki Reed has repeatedly mentioned that her emotional background as a character will be covered. Let's take some comfort in knowing that they will be including the backgrounds of Jasper and Rosalie.

Kristen, Taylor and Rob have repeatedly been mentioning the intensity of the relationships in Eclipse. Taylor even said that his favorite scene to shoot was the tent scene between all three of them. David Slade is an amazing stylist, and he's a very talented photographer. I can't wait to see his visual style for Eclipse.

In an interview about the movies, the main clothing designer for New Moon/Eclipse said that we will even see a glimpse of the Volturi on their private jet. :D
Yeah, I understand your first point. I actually cannot wait for Jasper's and Rosalie's stories! :)

I'm aware of the fact that there will be many scenes of Bella, Edward and the other guy (LOL) together. I just hope we'll also get to see some precious Edward/Bella moments like I said above... Hope they won't leave them out!

Btw, here are some facts about Eclipse (I'm sure you've already seen them):
http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/twilight ... ga_eclipse
Well, wasn't the first official pic from Eclipse a shot of Edward and Bella -- ALONE -- in the meadow? :D

David Slade knows how to handle emotional moments (example: the ending for 30 Days of Night was so sad).
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

^^ I sure do hope so....
I'm so so dieing to see something more of eclipse...please please (beggin on my knees) give us a teaser...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

And David tweeted: Working Sunday, battle sequences coming together, first half of film feeling very emotional, still early days.

That gives me some hope that Eclipse will indeed be romantic and emotional. I don't want it to be all dark and battles.
And if there's no leg hitch, Sladie and Rosenburg better be running for their lives.

^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

Jadey wrote:And David tweeted: Working Sunday, battle sequences coming together, first half of film feeling very emotional, still early days.

That gives me some hope that Eclipse will indeed be romantic and emotional. I don't want it to be all dark and battles.
And if there's no leg hitch, Sladie and Rosenburg better be running for their lives.

I know that fans want the cute moments in the movie, but that's not how you successfully adapt a book. For understandable reasons, you don't take moments that aren't relevant to an adapted storyline's progression without compromising the flow of the storyline itself for general audiences. That's what I despised about the first two Harry Potter movies: they were overstuffed due to the crew attempting to carelessly shove in as much content from the book as possible without any regard for a coherent movie. What works in a book won't necessarily work in a slimmer movie.

David Slade is one of my favorite directors. I'm sure that even Stephenie likes him, since David directed a few music videos for Muse (one of her favorite bands, and an inspiration for Twilight).
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Jadey wrote:And David tweeted: Working Sunday, battle sequences coming together, first half of film feeling very emotional, still early days.

Jade you just made my day!!! did he really.....!!!!!!tweeted that!!!!!
I'm afraid the leg hitch won't make it because it's in not really important to the story, but I'll help you hunting them down if there isn't even a small portion of the scene in it....

but yes yes yes, looks like he did caught the story.... :lol: *dancing*....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Well I REALLY REALLY hope that you're right. I know that they are adding action and making the newborn fight kind of bigger (we'll see more than we do in the book.) And I just REALLY hope that they don't lose sight of what the story is all about, Bella and Edward's romance. This is their LOVE STORY. And I hope they don't lose that by trying to add more action in.

I know the leg hitch scene is kind of a small part, but I agree with others, it needs to be in there! I kind of hope that whole scene there is in the movie. It's one of my fav Bella & Edward moments through the whole saga. Plus I really hope
that the official proposal is as romantic and sweet as I've always pictured it while reading it. (Rob I know you can do this part justice!)

I wonder what SM think's about how DS is doing on Eclipse. We haven't heard anything from her on any opinions or how the shooting went. And DS never really said much either. (I loved how CW released that letter to the fans after he got the job for
NM. I kind of was hoping DS would do the same thing.I haven't seen any films by any of the directors and don't know what to expect!) I guess I'll just have to wait until June to find out.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

Well, David Slade has said quite a bit about Eclipse on Twitter. He tweeted a lot of pictures from the set, for example. I'm sure that we will be hearing a lot more from David in the coming months, since they're all occupied with post-production at the moment. According to Ashley, David has a dry, serious sense of humor (classically British), so hearing from him should be fun. I've loved both of his movies (Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night) so far.

Apparently, Slade also based the design for the newborns in Eclipse off of his vampires in 30 Days of Night:

edwardsluv
Wandering Through Town

Post by edwardsluv »

TeAm_EdWaRd wrote:
peachykeen wrote:I would be far less worried about it if we were still in the middle of filming. But the movie's practically done now. I was far more confident in "New Moon" when it was at the point of production that "Eclipse" is now in. Not once do I recall anyone even mentioning the love triangle or the heartbreak or the intensity of it, let alone the romance between Edward and Bella and how they've gotten to a place where they can finally start to just "be" without constantly worrying about Edward killing her every single second. "Eclipse" is my FAVORITE. I'm going to be extremely upset if the romance/love triangle takes back seat to a bunch of unnecessary blood, gore, and vampire-beheading (I actually could REALLY do without it, period, but that's probably asking for too much with a director like Slade).
OMG, you pretty much said everything I wanted to write! I am a bit worried about Eclipse. The movie is finished, nothing can be changed anymore. And yes, I hope it won't be an 'action/horror/whatever' movie. I loved the romantic parts of it the most... There are SO many wonderful moments between Edward and Bella, they HAVE to be in the movie... I know we should not panic here now (since we have not seen or heard anything about it yet), but something is telling me that I am going to be disappointed... I hope I'm wrong! :(
I don't have much faith. I think that Edward Bella's relationship will be shafted again. In the Eclipse interviews with the cast Robert Pattinson did say that Kristen spent most of her time filming with Taylor. That only means more Jacob and Bella than Edward and Bella.
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Post by footloose »

why Summit decided on David Slade is totally beyond me. True that there's that battle with Victoria's troops of new vampires but most of the book talks about the love triangle between Edward, Bella and Jacob. I've looked up David Slade's resume and he mostly directed horror and thriller stuff so i'm really skeptical about his ability to do better job than CW (speaking about CW, he MUST return for BD!)

If they cut out Edward-Jacob conversation in the tent then i would rather skip the installment :(