Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

WTF blood and gore? I've been hearing about "guy friendly violence and action" crap too, but blood and gore? Vampires don't have blood and gore.. *shudders* This could be the pessimistic side of me talking, but I have a feeling Twilight will have been better than this. :?
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I think everyone is freaking out over nothing. We haven't seen ANYTHING... only heard what was said and personal accounts are not always accurate because people picture things differently.

Lets all just think good thoughts about November 20th :)
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

peachykeen wrote:^ Yes, I seem to get more and more worried about that every day. Basically every interview that has come out, specifically with the actors, contains several statements about how "dark, action-packed, more guy-friendly, and gorey" it is. And I'm just like Um... what? Since when is that okay for a "Twilight Saga" movie?

I would be far less worried about it if we were still in the middle of filming. But the movie's practically done now. I was far more confident in "New Moon" when it was at the point of production that "Eclipse" is now in. Not once do I recall anyone even mentioning the love triangle or the heartbreak or the intensity of it, let alone the romance between Edward and Bella and how they've gotten to a place where they can finally start to just "be" without constantly worrying about Edward killing her every single second. "Eclipse" is my FAVORITE. I'm going to be extremely upset if the romance/love triangle takes back seat to a bunch of unnecessary blood, gore, and vampire-beheading (I actually could REALLY do without it, period, but that's probably asking for too much with a director like Slade).

*sigh* My only source of hope is that Stephenie reigned David Slade in on the horror aspect and made sure the romance was first and foremost.
I wouldn't entirely blame David Slade. Melissa Rosenberg wrote the script, and I have no idea how he works with screenwriters. New Moon's script was done shortly after Twilight was released, so I'm sure that Melissa handed in the script almost immediately after David came in. I've seen all of David Slade's movies, and he's incredibly artistic. Apparently, he also directed a music video for Muse. How much do you know of Slade's career, exactly? He doesn't only do horror. In fact, Hard Candy wasn't really a horror movie at all. It was more about the interaction between two people.

Furthermore, does anyone know if the same technical team that did the wolves for New Moon will be returning for Eclipse, or was that specifically a team for Weitz? I don't want the wolves to look artistically different.
NeDzThErApYfOroCd
Settled in Forks

Post by NeDzThErApYfOroCd »

That is a good point about the wolves. They can't be dramatically different from what is in NM. I don't think anything has been said about who is doing the CGI for this movie.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I can't imagine replacing the CGI team--that would be wasting a lot of time & money while the new team remade the wolves.
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

In a new interview, Billy Burke confirmed that British singer Peter Murphy, who is a friend of David Slade, will have a cameo in Eclipse. Peter Murphy was the lead vocalist for the 70s/80s rock band Bauhaus. Peter also confirmed this cameo on his website.

Peter Murphy:

Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Sleep well my loves... MR puts our worries to rest:
Fans want to know: Did the proposal scene make it into New Moon?
The proposal comes into the end of New Moon, and that is the first proposal. Absolutely in Eclipse, the proposal when they’re on the bed, yes -- to me, that was a quintessential scene from the book. When Edward gets on his knees, with his mother’s ring, and she says yes -- that was one of the most romantic scenes that Stephenie wrote in all four books.
The full interview the lex has on the link on the blog.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I saw that interview.
I think my faith in Melissa grew just a teensie weensie bit. :)
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
TwilightRose1

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Have they already finished filming Eclipse?? Did they film New Moon and eclipse around the same time? I didnt even know they had STARTED filming for it!
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

They finished Eclipse a few weeks ago.