Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Worried about Eclipse?

Post by Nena »

Discuss everything related to the production of the movie Eclipse.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by switzgal »

I stated this in the David Slade thread. I'm worried that DS will concentrate on the action aspects of Eclipse more than the love triangle and Bella's struggle to be with both Jacob and Edward.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

switzgal wrote:I stated this in the David Slade thread. I'm worried that DS will concentrate on the action aspects of Eclipse more than the love triangle and Bella's struggle to be with both Jacob and Edward.
I agree!
I'm worried mostly that they'll spend time on Victoria and then the newborn fight and take out parts or shorten parts that are vital for the internal struggle of Eclipse.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
CopperHead
Learning to Love Green

Post by CopperHead »

My biggest worry is that the film franchise will get deconstructed back down to Twilight's quality. NM looks visually stunning from what I've seen, yet in the back of my mind I fear Eclipse will be bluish hues, cheesy lines, emotionless Bella and fight scene after fight scene. It's like TPTB see this movie as the "action one" because it just happens to have the most action in it. They don't give a flying flip about story structure so long as they can make their money, which they will!!!

(chant with me: too early to judge, too early to judge...) :p
Check out more of my fanart here!
Team Demetri - because it's useless to run...
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Angelvamp »

:lol: :lol: :lol: (*chanting*)

Yeah, that's about right. I commented on the other thread, too. 30 Days of Night was great, I thought he did a good job in capturing all the important aspects of the comic. He also did well in creating tension without the use of gratuitous gore or violence. Of course, making a comic into a movie isn't the same as making a book into a movie. But some visual aspects are already established (for better or for worse) so it shouldn't be hard for an experienced director to capture. And that is my biggest concern: his lack of experience. Like I said in the other thread, I hope he doesn't compromise the story or his creative views over money or influence. But for such an inexperienced director, helming such a prominent movie, it may be difficult.
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

I forgot to write that I'm also concerned about how fast they're turning these movies around. I was hoping that they waited until New Moon came out until they made Eclipse because that way if the reception to Chris' directing style was positive or if there were things that fans didn't like, David Slade can adjust or continue what Chris has done.

So far from the small clips we've seen, I like what Chris has done. Will David Slade follow with the same type of emotional focus? I don't know. Each director will bring something different which can be good or bad.

I'm hoping that Eclipse isn't rushed. Since Eclipse starts around early summer in the book, I think maybe they were trying to squeeze it in before winter rolls around in Vancouver and also the Winter Olympics will be there, hence the rush to make New Moon and Eclipse back to back.
NeDzThErApYfOroCd
Settled in Forks

Post by NeDzThErApYfOroCd »

I agree with everything posted on this thread. Eclipse is my favorite book and I am so afraid they are gonna screw it up. I haven't watched any of DS movies, because I didn't like the previews. I actually thought it looked generic looking. Sorry if that offends anyone. Already they are changing one thing in the script, I seen it on another site. Jasper in a graduation gown! As of right now I just have no confidence in this movie, I hope I get proven wrong.
teamJacobx3
Settled in Forks

Post by teamJacobx3 »

I agree with everyone and there's something that's been bugging me since Twilight. In Twilight, Carlisle tells Bella about his past and how he became a vampire but they didn't show that part in the movie. Which scares me because the story ties in with Jasper's story and basically majority of the plot line for Eclipse so I'm not sure how they're gonna make everything connect without it seeming like its coming out of left field. Stupid MR and CH....
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Besides the 30 seconds of air time in Twilight we have no idea the chemistry between Rob and Taylor. It has to be PERFECT for it to be pulled off to even be comparable to the book... ESPECIALLY the tent scene comes to mind.

I also just saw pictures of Kristen's wig on Lainey Gossip... um, ew.
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

Well we haven't seen much of anything with the filming. I guess David Slade is even more secretive than Chris Weitz.
All we've seen are the graduation pictures and they did get the color of the gowns right.

I agree, Kristen's wig looks like a wig. It may even look darker than her normal hair. I have to see more pictures to be sure.

I hope we get to see more pictures and interviews from the set soon.