Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

And don't forget invites lol!! Imagine all his twilight co-stars there! lol

*back on topic..*
The fight in eclipse has the potential to be so great, just hope they get it right.
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

well you all must not read the news coming out about this movie or you would not be speculating so much. I was concerned when DS got the job, in that he would be more focused on action and gory bit, and I was correct.

From the news that is confirmed and came out he is filming the following -

Jasper's Story
Rosalie's Story
The Tribal Meeting Story
The Fight Sequence w/ Newborns (of course)
Scenes of Victoria in Seattle
Bella Visiting Her Mom in FL (which why was that filmed?)
etc....

are we all sensing a common theme here? Also just recently the chick who plays Alice said in an interview that the movie will be "more guy friendly" and will focus more on the "action".

Link - http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml

So with all that being crammed in I don't know where they are going to fit in the stuff that I know a lot of people want to see.
i.e.

The Grad Party
The Bed Scene
The Bella/Jacob Scenes (which are many)
Bella Breaking her hand/Jacob & Edward confirmation.
The Camping Scene (which I know has been filmed)
The Couch Scene (which it small but I love)
etc....

To me there is some stuff being filmed that I don't get why it is. Sure its in the book but its not in anyway key or vital to telling the core of the story. But then what do I except from the chick who wrote the script? Not damn much. She seems to have an uncanny knack for picking out the insignificant minutia of the book and putting all that into the script, but leave out all the stuff that people really like/care about.

I also get the feeling that DS is not so concerned with the source material and is just going with what is in the script.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

errr they've been filming for like a month and you're already jumping to conclusions as to what ISN'T going to be in the movie?? I'm SURE there will be plenty of Jacob and Bella... he already tweeted that they were shooting their kiss in the woods.

Let's all give them ohhh I dunno, until next June and we actually SEE the movie before we decide what they did wrong. Ot seems like a double edge sword for these poor directors. When some of the back stories weren't told in Twilight people got their panties in a twist and now that they're taking the time to tell them people are worried other things will be cut out because of them.
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

Amanda Beth wrote:errr they've been filming for like a month and you're already jumping to conclusions as to what ISN'T going to be in the movie?? I'm SURE there will be plenty of Jacob and Bella... he already tweeted that they were shooting their kiss in the woods.

Let's all give them ohhh I dunno, until next June and we actually SEE the movie before we decide what they did wrong. Ot seems like a double edge sword for these poor directors. When some of the back stories weren't told in Twilight people got their panties in a twist and now that they're taking the time to tell them people are worried other things will be cut out because of them.

nope, not jumping to anything. and as I said in my post they filmed the camping scene.(and all that implied i.e. Jacob/Bella) just reiterating what is out in the press. laying it out so too speak, I have no opinion one way or the other.
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

I'm a bit worried about Ashley Greene's comment about Eclipse being more "guy friendly" (or whatever phrase she used).
Eclipse to me is one of the most sensitive books in the series. The conflict Bella faces between choosing between Edward and Jacob, the nearing of her graduation (which she wants to be a vampire but is also scared to say goodbye to Charlie, Renee, Jacob etc) then the ultimate CHOICE in the end when she had to tell Jacob goodbye.

Those are ALL very deep, conflicted and emotional. Out of all the books in the series, Eclipse made me cry the most (yes even more than New Moon). That last chapter when she and Jacob were talking in his room, tore my heart to shreds. Not because I'm team Jacob, but it was truly sad. The word SM used, the dialect between the 2 were heartbreaking.

When Edward left Bella in New Moon, it was sad but it was also very brief and to the point the way he left her (so that she wouldn't find a way to talk him out of it.) So I was sad but it did not carry on as it did in Eclipse, when Bella had to say goodbye to Jacob.

I hope David Slade captures this emotional book on film and I hope Melissa Rosenberg wrote the key parts to this movie.
This is why I was weary when they had David Slade picked as director, because I heard he's done horror movies.
The Newborn fight was intense but to me Eclipse is centralized with the love triangle, Bella's struggles to choose which life she wants, Bella's anxiety over graduation getting close and having to say goodbye to her family and friends.
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green

Post by rjupiter »

switzgal wrote:I'm a bit worried about Ashley Greene's comment about Eclipse being more "guy friendly" (or whatever phrase she used).
Eclipse to me is one of the most sensitive books in the series. The conflict Bella faces between choosing between Edward and Jacob, the nearing of her graduation (which she wants to be a vampire but is also scared to say goodbye to Charlie, Renee, Jacob etc) then the ultimate CHOICE in the end when she had to tell Jacob goodbye.

Those are ALL very deep, conflicted and emotional. Out of all the books in the series, Eclipse made me cry the most (yes even more than New Moon). That last chapter when she and Jacob were talking in his room, tore my heart to shreds. Not because I'm team Jacob, but it was truly sad. The word SM used, the dialect between the 2 were heartbreaking.

When Edward left Bella in New Moon, it was sad but it was also very brief and to the point the way he left her (so that she wouldn't find a way to talk him out of it.) So I was sad but it did not carry on as it did in Eclipse, when Bella had to say goodbye to Jacob.

I hope David Slade captures this emotional book on film and I hope Melissa Rosenberg wrote the key parts to this movie.
This is why I was weary when they had David Slade picked as director, because I heard he's done horror movies.
The Newborn fight was intense but to me Eclipse is centralized with the love triangle, Bella's struggles to choose which life she wants, Bella's anxiety over graduation getting close and having to say goodbye to her family and friends.
Yes, well to put in a bit of a perspective for ya. It was recently stated in the press (by the guy who is playing Royce) that his character and in fact that whole scene was not in the script that MR wrote, DS added it in.

Link - http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b144505 ... cting.html

So to me that shows where DS's head is at. The more dramatic, dark and action orientated points in the book. He says he put it in "for" the fans but realistically I doubt it. Sure, its a nice side note in the book but not something that is beloved or the main focus or needs to played out on film.
dopeydm
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dopeydm »

Okay, reading the article on the Forum about DS filming the Newborns emerging from the water just put a Day of the Dead image in my head. I am really worried that all of the emotion love triangle is being left out for action that is not in the books. Getting more and more worried as more and more information is coming out. :(
"But you see, just because we've been...dealt a certain hand...it doesn't mean that we can't choose to rise above -- to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted."
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

Well one less thing we need to worry about... I follow David Slade on twitter:
"Yesterday Taylor had to carry Kristen for several hours, he held it together - hope he can lift his arms today. Rain dumped on us all day."

Check one for Jake and Bella's walk through the woods on the way to the campsite :)
lionlover
Wandering Through Town
Location: Listening to Debussy with Edward, in his bedroom ;)

Post by lionlover »

Jadey wrote:I just hope the movie makes me feel so viciously angry with Jacob like the book did.

I agree. When I first read Eclipse, I HATED Jacob, and was SOO irritated with Bella. I really hope the movie makes me feel that way too.

I'm also worried about the major choices Bella has to make (Jacob/Edward, becoming a vampire/ staying human) being lost in the movie.I hope they are the main focus of the movie. I mean, I don't see how they can downplay that. Those dilemmas were the focal points of the book.

I certainly don't think the added action is a bad thing, action's great! But I really hope that the emotional aspect is there as well.
"Do I dazzle you?" -Edward Cullen
"Frequently" -Me

yorkkipup
Settled in Forks

Post by yorkkipup »

I just read a clip from an interview with the screenplay writer Melisssa and she was saying how she was so excited about getting to flesh out Riley's character and that viewers would be excited to see his relationship with Victoria develop. What!!!
I don't care about Riley. He was in the book for what - all of a couple of pages? It just seems more and more that the movie version of Eclipse is going to be all about the bad vamps. Doesn't David Slade realize where the real focus of Eclipse should be? I wonder if he has talked to Stephenie at all about the book. I know it is early yet but the more I hear the more worried I get.