Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Re: Worried about Eclipse?

Post by MiVidaLoca »

Just watched the final parts of the Oprah segment and I am a little bummed about the last clip they showed of Edward confronting Jacob about the kiss. That was one of my favorite parts in the book and I wish it hadn't been changed. I wish they would have left tat scene and dialogue in tact.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

Jazz Girl wrote:
bored by the sea wrote:
Edwards Ragazza wrote:Well my rant was I didn't want to have to see Jacob and his friends running around shirtless again! Come on when Edwards drops Bella off to meet Jacob at La Push and he is shirtless was just to much! I feel like I am watching chip n dales show :lol:
gah yes!!!!!!!!! i thought this too!! :lol: also i was thinking that in the book im fairly sure that he is clothed as theres no need for him to be shirtless e.g. phasing. Hasn't he driven to meet them at the treaty line?!
I'm with you, girls. RobWard's line echoed my thoughts and feelings perfectly. "Doesn't he own a shirt?" :roll:
:lol: yes!!! caryn i totally forgot about that but SO true! can't believe they've messed with that scene!!
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

MiVidaLoca wrote:Just watched the final parts of the Oprah segment and I am a little bummed about the last clip they showed of Edward confronting Jacob about the kiss. That was one of my favorite parts in the book and I wish it hadn't been changed. I wish they would have left tat scene and dialogue in tact.
MVL~ That was my reaction as well. However, on the flip side of that, I really like the fact that Edward points out that Jacob's kiss was "against her will". Jacob's retort clarifies even more his inability to accept Bella's decision and his pushing Bella's confusion. So, yes, while I really wish that dialogue had been left intact, I'm not completely opposed to some of the changes.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

I kinda liked it...I was, shall we say, very impressed with the aggressive Edward :) :oops:

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

Jazz Girl wrote:
MiVidaLoca wrote:Just watched the final parts of the Oprah segment and I am a little bummed about the last clip they showed of Edward confronting Jacob about the kiss. That was one of my favorite parts in the book and I wish it hadn't been changed. I wish they would have left tat scene and dialogue in tact.
MVL~ That was my reaction as well. However, on the flip side of that, I really like the fact that Edward points out that Jacob's kiss was "against her will". Jacob's retort clarifies even more his inability to accept Bella's decision and his pushing Bella's confusion. So, yes, while I really wish that dialogue had been left intact, I'm not completely opposed to some of the changes.

I am ok with some changes too. That scene had me laughing at the book and so eager to read on and the anticipation of Edward coming and Charlies banter with Jacob and what he said when Bella called. I just loved that. There are a few snips from the book I hoped would stay as is because I thought it was really good dialogue, the tent scene too.

Oh well, it still looks like it will be an awesome movie and I can't wait :D I am going home to WA for a week this summer and I am thinking about taking my nieces and daughter to Forks.
The movie will come out while I am up there and I can have them be my excuse to go in the middle of the night.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Jazz Girl wrote:I'm with you, girls. RobWard's line echoed my thoughts and feelings perfectly. "Doesn't he own a shirt?" :roll:
I loved that line! I hope we get some more banter like that between the two of them. :D

TammyAZ wrote:I kinda liked it...I was, shall we say, very impressed with the aggressive Edward :) :oops:
Me too! One reason I liked that scene was Edward getting in Jacob's face like that. I think it'll be better that way than how I pictured it in the book them like 15 feet apart.

One thing it looked to me was Bella wasn't as mad in that scene as she is in the book. (Granted I think they had her say 2 words it was mostly Jacob & Edward.) So I hope we have the angry Bella. And did she punch him & break her hand? I hope they kept in the part where Edward threatens to break Jacob's jaw for her.

Did anyone else think the pause before Jacob said I kissed Bella was really dramatic? (To me almost too dramatic?) I guess just have to wait & see how they do the whole scene together & what's after that.

Man those little snippets were just enough to get our appetites wet & anxious for June 30th!!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
JordanfromNZ
Settled in Forks

Post by JordanfromNZ »

The wait is almost painful . I just wanna watch it ! Haha. Hopefully it fulfils all of our expectations.... just like Twilight and New Moon did.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

TammyAZ wrote:I kinda liked it...I was, shall we say, very impressed with the aggressive Edward :) :oops:
HECK YES!!! :lol: :lol: loved agressive Edward!!
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

pennybug84 wrote: Me too! One reason I liked that scene was Edward getting in Jacob's face like that. I think it'll be better that way than how I pictured it in the book them like 15 feet apart.

One thing it looked to me was Bella wasn't as mad in that scene as she is in the book. (Granted I think they had her say 2 words it was mostly Jacob & Edward.) So I hope we have the angry Bella. And did she punch him & break her hand? I hope they kept in the part where Edward threatens to break Jacob's jaw for her.

Did anyone else think the pause before Jacob said I kissed Bella was really dramatic? (To me almost too dramatic?) I guess just have to wait & see how they do the whole scene together & what's after that.

Man those little snippets were just enough to get our appetites wet & anxious for June 30th!!
PennyBug~ According to tweets from folks who watched the preview, yes, Bella punches him AND HARD!!! I was happy to hear that. I'm hoping that the "I will break your jaw for her." line will come after this, when Edward prepares to leave with her. As for Bella, I'm not sure. It's hard to get a read from what we saw. Remember, in the book, she's in the car already and totally blowing off everything Jacob says to her. So, we'll have to wait and see how the full scene plays out.

EDIT: Apparently, after the big Oprah show interview, Rob, Kristen and Taylor gave a pretty nifty interview to USA Today. They were asked some questions about Eclipse and Rob specifically addressed the scene we are all waiting on tenterhooks for...THE PROPOSAL. Here's what he had to say;
Pattinson, meanwhile, struggled with Edward's rather formal proposal to Bella, which reflects the fact that although his vintage vampire looks 17, he hails from the turn of the last century.

"I was dreading the day it was coming," he says of the scene that was held until the very end of the shoot. "The first time I read the script, I thought, 'This is impossible.' " References to "promenades" and sharing "iced tea on the porch" as Edward explains how he would have courted Bella in the old days especially stuck in his throat. "It's so earnest. I finally convinced the producers that you can play it with a bit of awareness of not being a fictional character. I'm not trying to be part of a Gothic novel."

When Pattinson finally watched it, however, he was pleasantly surprised. "It seems different when you see it."

And, here's the full interview. I think it's bloody well adorable. :D
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
JordanfromNZ
Settled in Forks

Post by JordanfromNZ »

I just thought I would add something else I'm worried about....

IMAX !

I really didn't think that any of the twilight movies needed 3D. I hope it doesn't ruin the movie.