Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mamatolucas
Settled in Forks

Re: Official Eclipse Soundtrack

Post by mamatolucas »

Dragged Hubby to see Eclipse tonight... here is an updated list:

1. All Yours- End credits and also theme song for score (not checked, just sounds the same to me)
2. Love is Forever- Grad Party
3. Ours- Grad Party
4. Heavy in your arms- 2nd end credit song
5. My love- Bella's attempted seduction/ Engagement
6. Atlas- Playing in car when Edward drops Bella off with Jacob (Doesn't he have a shirt? lol)
7. Chop and Change- Riley under attack
8. Rolling in on a burning tire- Victoria/ Riley kissing
9. Let's get lost- Bella calling Jacob/ LM/ reading note (I agree on the bad placement!)
10. Jonathan Low- Jacob/ Bella on bike
11. With you in my head- Cullens training w Jasper
12. A Million Miles an Hour- Jacob coming to warn Edward about territory lines
13. Life on Earth- Bella/Edward on her bed talking about consequences of her choice
14. What part of forever- ?? Not sure, but I am wondering if it is at the end credits #3... I didn't stay that long ;)
15. Jacob's theme- Not sure... prob. played several times, lol.
missfitzgig
Settled in Forks

Post by missfitzgig »

Jazz Girl wrote:As far as song placement in the film, I was really disappointed that Heavy in your Arms isn't actually in the film. It is perfect for how Bella views herself in relation to Edward and the overall sound of the song is just amazing. Also, I really didn't like placing Let's Get Lost under Bella's attempt to see Jacob. That song is so much more Edward/Bella appropriate.

In the way way way win category, Neutron Star Collision under the grad party was great. And absolutely NOTHING beats My Love surrounding the proposal/leg hitch. Holy Christ on a cracker, that was perfection.

When the movie was over I looked at my husband and said that they didn't play my favorite song. I had been making him listen to the soundtrack since it came out so he knew what I was talking about. I thought I had pin pointed them all. Funny that Vampire weekend was chosen when Bella rode off with jake. So we waited to see the playlist at the end of the credits. By the time heavy in your arms started playing I turned around and the theater was empty. That sucks. But I love the soundtrack so much more than new moon's.
CaughtMyself426
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CaughtMyself426 »

yeah I was disappointed about lack of Florence in the film, I made my friends wait til the end just to hear it by then the lights had gone up again and everyone was gone, yeah weird placement of Lets get Lost, My Love was perfect loved it! and that UNKLE song! :D

Oh and the two on the special edition soundtrack, Bombay bicycle Club that was played in the cafetria right? and i thought i heard a second of Battles - the Line when Edward left Bella with jacob after the shirt comment? I could be wrong it was so fast
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I suppose it's sad, because it is such a great song. But, every time I've seen the movie now, I start laughing when I hear A Million Miles an Hour. I'm sorry, but trying to make Jake seem all intimidating and badboy by playing a bada** rock rif under his "entrance" just doesn't work. I just can't get passed it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I love all three sound tracks but does anyone know where I can find a list of all the scenes that match up with the song list? Thanks :)

EDIT: sorry I just found it on the last page.
Banner by TammyAZ
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

You know what's better than the soundtrack? THE SCORE. Howard Shore is amazing. I love the dramatic battle themes, but all the soft mushy gushy stuff is pretty too.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:You know what's better than the soundtrack? THE SCORE. Howard Shore is amazing. I love the dramatic battle themes, but all the soft mushy gushy stuff is pretty too.
That is on my list to buy. Yes the man is amazing.
Banner by TammyAZ
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Although, I've been picking out LOTRy themes in here. I'm not annoyed with it, as composers (opera writers especially) reuse and recycle old bits of music for other things all the time.

For instance, the last 20 secs of "Jane" sounds an awful lot like a part of "Shelob's Lair" (very fast violins). It's a common technique for adding tension, however. I think I might go through and find an LOTR song for each Eclipse song.

For me, its just fun to match up Eclipse score to LOTR songs. Makes me feel nerdy. :D
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:Although, I've been picking out LOTRy themes in here. I'm not annoyed with it, as composers (opera writers especially) reuse and recycle old bits of music for other things all the time.

For instance, the last 20 secs of "Jane" sounds an awful lot like a part of "Shelob's Lair" (very fast violins). It's a common technique for adding tension, however. I think I might go through and find an LOTR song for each Eclipse song.

For me, its just fun to match up Eclipse score to LOTR songs. Makes me feel nerdy. :D
Dandy~ :lol: I was kind of doing the same thing in my head!! I absolutely ADORE Howard Shore and I am completely enamored of the score. Can't wait to see the list you come up with.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

mamatolucas wrote: 12. A Million Miles an Hour- Jacob coming to warn Edward about territory lines.
For some reason I am drawing a blank. Is this when Jacob confronts Edward at the school? After the FL trip?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson