Hey again!

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CéliAmbre
Buying a Better Raincoat

Hey again!

Post by CéliAmbre »

Hey everyone. I'm CéliAmbre, I'm not one of the oldest old ones on here, but I've been checking on the Lexicon almost every day since end of 2006, although I only registered later. I love it here, it's so so so awesome.

How did you pick your screen name?
Céli is part of my real name and how my best friend calls me. Ambre is french and is my bunny's name. Ambre solair (in theory solar amber) practically means sunscreen, and I like everything that has to do with sunshine. And amber is, of course this transparanty/orangy stone with animals in it. Or, in french, if you don't pronounce it very very very correctly it sounds like ombre, which means shadow. (and my bunny is kind of orangy with grey spots, so it fits =))

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
I got Twilight in German for saint Niklas in 2006, and I fell completely in love with it. I love Eclipse the least. I like reading Breaking Dawn more now than the others because the story has moved on, but my favorite is New Moon.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Edward. Edward. Edward. <3
And I'm in Team Edward. And a supporter of Bedward.

Who is your favorite minor character?
Do Alice and Jasper count as minor?

What are your hobbies?
Reading is first (guess why I see so badly), I love dancing (anything, though these days I dance standard, i.e. ballroom, which is awesome.) I like going horse-riding, playing basketball, I love yoga (so you'd think I'm a balanced out, calm person...teehee, funny thought.), swimming, watching Grey's Anatomy, listening to music, watching movies, surfing on the Lex, annoying people by talking about Twilight (I mean it. I REALLY annoy people. I think my class hates me by now =( ) I used to write a lot, less now, I'm kind of discouraged =( I brush my teeth a lot. Sounds silly but I do it the whole time when I've got nothing better to do, which shouldn't be often, but since I don't do homework exept in breaktime...

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
I'd call myself swiss because I love it and spend most of my life and all my childhood there, but my family comes from western Germany and now I live in eastern Germany. There's not such a big difference between the two parts of it anymore though. And one day I'll be somewhere else. In Switzerland again, or France, or the states, or Egypt...

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
Middle teens

Anything else you would like to share.
Hmm...I guess that I talk too much. Especially too much about Twilight and politics and philosophie. I cry a lot too. I often can't stop laughing. I don't like my IGCSEs although I've only started them last week. I like doing silly stuff like climbing on trees or going out in a t-shirt when it rains. I've got the Bella bracelet number 121. I don't really understand how to do my banner and avatar for the forums, and I can't put my myspace's layout together correctly. I like eating bagels. I find life boring sometimes. Some people say I think and dream and ponder too much, but that's positive, isn't it? In a way. I have many questions about Twilight and about the Universe in general. My top 5:
Why are women still disadvantaged in such developed countries as Germany? (Yes, the country with the female chancellor) For example they always earn less than men and have to pay more for insurances. And then we wonder why some (many) women can't vote or wear what they want to wear or go out when they feel like it or mary whom they want to marry in developing countries? (By the way, women own less than 1% of the world's fortune. And do more than 50% of the work.) (No I'm not sexist. I'm just for equality.)
Why can male vampires have kids and not female? (Yeah, ok, don't answer that, I know it.) And why do male vampire/human mixtures have poison and not female? And why does it seem that male werwolves can have kids but not female? (Or at least that's our guess.)
Why is Rachel not turning into a werewolf?
Why did Alice not help at Renesmee's birth?
Why did Alice not see something blurry/hazy as soon as Bella and Edward decided to try if Jacob had already kind of imprinted on Renesmee at that time?
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Hey again!

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

CeliAmbre, that has to be the very best introduction I've ever seen on the Lex. You seem to be incredibly bright, insightful, charming, and compassionate....traits that are more than welcomed on the Lexicon.

You raised some interesting questions, and I'm sad that I didn't think of them first. I would suggest that you try out the Quench Your Thirst forum first and see if you can't get a discussion going.

Oh, and welcome to the Lexicon! Pm me if you have any questions or concerns, and I'll do my best to help you.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

Welcome to the Twilight lexicon CeliAmbre!
I loved your long introductory post, I think you are in the right place. Here in the Lexicon we have the Twilight Universe General Philisophical Musings thread. This thread has a long standing tradition of discussion intermingled with debate on the more complex sub plots of the series. Right now is not active yet because the forum moderator is moving from Europe to America and has requested some time off. Stay tuned, that thread is terrific and I think you will be able to discuss all of your questions mentioned above.

In the mean time I hope you enjoy it here! Be sure to read the stickys at the top of the threads for important information. Also make sure to check out the Newcomer's guide for easy site navigation.
Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

~Nena
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

welcome to the new lexicon! I'm Dark, feel free to PM me if u want to chit chat.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Hallo Celi! Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Ich kann nur ein bischen Deutsch sprechen. Meine Gramatik ist SEHR schelect. Tut mir aber leid! Aber Ich musste auf Deutsch anworten wann Ich andere Deutsche sprechen Leute finden. Ich war in Deutschland in 1990. Ich liebt in eine kleine stadt nord von Frankfurt - Usingin. Die Wiedervereinegung war nicht passiert, aber meine classe ins DDR gang. Wir waren am Weimar fur nur einen Tag.

Did that make any sense? LOL! No really, I haven't had much chance to speak German since college, and that was in the mid 1990's. Man I'm old. I apologize for all the grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes. I just wanted to give it a try. And how funny is it that I have a spelling errors showing up on nearly word up there except for Deutsch and tut! :lol:

Anyway... welcome to the Lex. Great introduction. I thought I might try to answer some of your questions. I'm not even going to touch the first one. Not with a TEN FOOT POLL! But I can try for the others.

1. Why do male vampire/human mixtures have poison and not female? I wonder if this has something to do with the same fact that they can have children? It's a question I had, too. And why does it seem that male werwolves can have kids but not female? (Or at least that's our guess.) So far, we don't know if Leah can have children. We can assume that she can't because of that very personal conversation in BD. But she is the first and only female werewolf. There is so much that we don't know that I don't feel we've really reached the point where we can say with 100% confidence that she can't have children.

2. Why is Rachel not turning into a werewolf? Do you mean Jacob's sister? The only people who phase are those who reached puberty while a vampire lived in the area. Rachael had already reached maturity the first time she encountered the Cullens because she was away at school.

3. Why did Alice not help at Renesmee's birth? Even though Alice is very good at resisting, she not that good. Remember that the only two who have never tasted human blood are Carlisle and Rosalie, which means that Alice has feed off a human at some point. With that much blood around her, Alice probably would have been more of a hindrance than a help. Even Rosalie, Bella's champion through the pregnancy, had to leave the room the temptation was too great.

4. Why did Alice not see something blurry/hazy as soon as Bella and Edward decided to try if Jacob had already kind of imprinted on Renesmee at that time? You're going to have to explain this one for me. When you say "try" do you mean when Bella and Edward made love? Explain it a bit better so I can maybe answer you!
CéliAmbre
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CéliAmbre »

Thank you for your welcomes. And special thanks to Goodnight Elizabeth and Alphie. You've defintetely made my day, and probably my whole week too :)
Ja, Alphie, ich spreche Deutsch, und (and now I have to say this in English so that everyone knows it ;) ) your written German is fantastic, especially since you were in Germany in 1990! Wenn sie üben wollen stehe ich ihnen gerne zu Verfügung.

1.) Then we'll have to be patient for some more before discussing this in the scientific way and the philosophical way, i.e. whether that's unfair or not and why Stephenie Meyer did it this way (or didn't, since she writes the story down more than invents it, as she says).
2.)You answered my question about Jacob's sister totally well, thank you. Silly me, I should have thought of it!
3.)The one about Renesmee's birth makes sense too. I guess I had just expected Alice to play a more important role, but (as always) you're right, she's not that strong.
4.) Yes, that's what I meant. When Bella and Edwrad decided to try and sleep with each other, and Jacob already felt attracted to Bella at that time because of Renesmee, doesn't it mean the decisions were already taken and destiny was already sure? In that case, Alice should have forseen something (since Renesmee appears hazy to her, probably only a blur). And since she hasn't forseen anything, it means that something has changed. What? Would Bella and Edward's original plan of sleeping with each other not have worked unless a decision they took had been taken? I hope you get what I mean :?
But thanks for trying, even if you can't answer this and/or don't understand it.
Eri
Displays Excellent Tracking Skills

Post by Eri »

Hey Celi!!

Welcome to the Lex, i've found your introduction one of the best in the Lex, i siwh more people (myself included) would write introductions like this.

Anyways, i find Switzerland and interesting country (and not only because of Federer ;)) and i like how being bordered by other countries (not like Spain) might help getting to know them better (i don't know if i explain myself)
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Welcome back! I'm glad youy returned! I look forward to seeing you around, and it was very nice to get to read your introduction post. :)

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Jacob's attraction to Bella in New Moon and Eclipse was a normal attraction that had nothing to do with Renesmee. It was only after Bella became pregnant that Jacob felt he HAD to be around her. And she felt she HAD to be around him. They both say that there was some crazy, unexplainable reason that they couldn't stay apart. Bella's health was always slightly better when Jacob was around. And as much as Jacob wanted to stay away, he just physically couldn't. One of the chapter titles even reflects that. THAT was Renesmee. But their initial attraction was just natural attraction. The real physical pull they they describe in Breaking Dawn didn't come into play until after - AFTER - Bella was pregnant. Take note of the fact that Jacob couldn't leave Bella during the delivery. Notice that after the baby is born, it touches Jacob's arms and it burns or tingles. And when the baby has left the room, it is at that point that Jacob can walk away from Bella. I think that it wasn't her impending death and transformation that made him leave, but the pull Renesmee had on him.

Does that answer your question?
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

As one of the "oldest" ones here....welcome back! ;)
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry