New, yet blue...

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tenoko
Settled in Forks

New, yet blue...

Post by Tenoko »

Hi, I'm Tenoko, I'm new to this forum but I am not totally sad to the point of tears. Have you check Stephanie's website? Midnight Sun is on indefinite HOLD because someone has been distributing a copy of it all over the internet. GOD! Why do people have to ruin things for everyone else just because they're fanatics? Well, you know what? Thanks a lot. You got your hot little hands on the rough draft and now NOBODY gets the real thing. No pretty little Midnight Sun will be sitting my my shelf next to all the other books, each lovingly read repetitively. I hate this! If I weren't so sad I'd be angry too, and I feel so bad for Stephie, I mean how utter selfish can the person who did this be.

I'm sorry, I suppose this is pretty awful for an intro, but I'm upset. It's just discourteous. And what's worse, there's no way for us to try and make Stephanie feel better. We can't email her, have someone forward her our emails, or anything. THIS GOES AGAINST MY PERSONALITY!!! When someone I care about is hurting, my first instinct is to make them feel better, even if I end up embarrassing myself in the process. Oh, I pray, I pray, I pray Stephanie Meyer is surrounded by loving and supporting people who will help her get past this extreme hurt and violation of her personal rights, so that she will be back to herself soon, back to writing, and hopefully back to MS.

She put a post of the copy on her site, but you know what? I'm so disgusted with the whole situation, I don't even want it, never want it to begin with, but now that it may be the only version we're ever allowed because of someone else's stupid gungho attitude, I DEFINITELY don't want it. When it's on sale in bookstores, full, complete, and with Stephanie's blessings, that is when I will buy and read it. Only to take it home to it's much awaited spot on my shelf. Until then, I'm still praying... :cry:

Oh, and to do this as it's suppose to be done...

How did you pick your screen name?
I've had it for so long I don't much remember. It's from an anime episode, a word they threw out by combining two characters' names.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
I happened to see it on sale around Halloween last year, the cover caught my attention since I'm a visual shopper. I was hooked and never looked back.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Edward, then Bella, and I hated Jacob until book four. My opinion was that he and the other werewolves could all go lick themselves.

Who is your favorite minor character?

What are your hobbies?
Anime, reading, writing novels, art, listening to music, singing to the radio like I'm in concert, playing video games

Where are you from? Alabama

How old are you? Early twenties

Anything else you would like to share.
I already shared. Probably more than you would have liked...
Last edited by Tenoko on Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FidoLover
Settled in Forks

Re: New, yet blue...

Post by FidoLover »

Whoa! I didn't know that! I can't believe how some people can just ruin something for everyone. Gah! I'm gonna go to Stephenie's site right now. But before I go here's a few words of welcome to help lighten the mood =] Welcome to the new forums. I'm just recently joined the forums (well the new ones) so if you ever want to talk just pm me, I'm normally in a chatty mood!
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Hey! Welcome to the new Lexicon! I'm Ren, and if you need anything or have any questions, or just want to chat in general, feel free to send me a PM. I'm friendly!

Also, make sure you glance over Alcyone's Newcomer's Guide to the Lexicon 2.0 (The shinier, spiffier version) for rules and regulations, if you haven't already. :) It's great for a newcomer to get a start with the rules, and it's a good look-over for returning old members to see if anything's changed, but I don't think much has. :D

See you around~

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Welcome to the home of the happily obsessed! We love having new addicts post, it makes the rest of us feel more normal.

Check out the Newcomer's Guide, it will help you navigate the site. Stephenie's Personal Correspondence is a must-read and I thought the timeline was really interesting too.

See you around the boards!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Welcome to the Lex! You will love it here. It’s a lot of fun meeting all the other happily Twilight-obsessed folks. Watch out – the Lex is highly addictive! ;-)

Be sure to read the stickys at the top of the threads for important information. Also make sure to check out the Newcomer's guide for easy site navigation.

Squee! Thank you, Nena!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Welcome to the new Lexicon! I'm Dark, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or would like to chit chat!

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

It just means Stephenie's not sure when or if she'll go back to working on Midnight Sun. I just feel like now we had this tease, this promise of hearing from Edward and now that's up in the air. See you around the forums, if you wanna chat send me a message!
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Tenoko
Settled in Forks

Post by Tenoko »

Elizabeth wrote: It just means Stephenie's not sure when or if she'll go back to working on Midnight Sun. I just feel like now we had this tease, this promise of hearing from Edward and now that's up in the air. See you around the forums, if you wanna chat send me a message!
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Well, I hope she just learns from this experience, I mean, she is still brand new to the writing world, as a professional, I mean. It's like riding a bike, I suppose, you're bound to fall off sometimes, you have to learn to get back on and learn from the experience. I really do pray she still finishes Midnight Sun, she shouldn't stop writing it just because of the disappointment she receives from one person, I mean, she should write for herself, and for those who love her work, like her fans. And in the future, don't pass out so many draft copies to people, *chuckles lightly* I only have one, maybe two people I let read my stuff that I'm trying to get published, and they know if they were ever to pass it out or steal it, I would never let them read anything ever again, so... ^_^ But that's just me.
Christine!
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Christine! »

Hey! :D
I know it is horrible that someone would do that to her. And now she won't be able to write it!
It makes me so pissed off!
The most we can do right now is show her our support.
Check out the news blog, they have some ways for us to do that.

Anyways,

WELCOME TO THE LEXICON

You'll love it here.
Im Christine, PM me if you have any questions.

previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
AlainaTwilight
Learning to Love Green

Post by AlainaTwilight »

Welcome to the Lexicon Tenoko!!!

I'm Alaina, feel free to PM me if you need anything, and I hope you have fun here. See you around the boards. :D