Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
trulytif
Settled in Forks

Just Me

Post by trulytif »

How did you pick your screen name?
I guess I picked my screen name because when I first started reading the twilight series I almost didn't want anyone to know- I felt a little embarassed to be so involved in a book series, especially one of such great fantasy, but then when I realized I wasn't the only one to love Stephenie's Meyer's books so passionately I began to feel unashamed and comfortable with having such a strong interest in something like Twilight. I really began to feel like "Hey this is me, I like these stories because they make me feel alive and truly like myself again", so that is where I came up with TrulyTif.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?

I actually didn't start reading the series until late 2007. I knew of the series and was vaguely interested in the recurring themes in the cover art but my interest was finally piqued during my Christmas break in 2007 when I was looking for something I could really dive into and read in my spare time. I always enjoyed vampire themed books and movies but for some reason I stayed away from the series until curiosity got the best of me- and of course I am glad I gave in! I pretty much had the whole series read by the new year and was surprised to learn that there was such an immense following.
I really have a hard time picking my favorite book out of the saga because each one serves a purpose in the entire story and development of Bella and Edward's relationship. But I suppose if I absolutely had to pick my favorite book it would be Twilight, simply because it was the reason I became hooked on the series and anything SM writes.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
I really enjoy reading the stories from Bella's point of view. She seems so ordinary and yet the way she reacts in such strange and unusual circumstances is really extraordinary. I would say that Edward is my favorite character but it is really his love for Bella that I think is so appealing.

What are your hobbies?
Obviously reading is at the top of my list of hobbies, but I also enjoy working out, seeing movies, seeing concerts and performances of all kinds and writing in my spare time.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
Michigan

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)

I will be 25 very soon- sooner than I would like!

Anything else you would like to share.
I have never really been this involved in anything like Twilight and its surrounding fandom before in my life. I am glad to know that I am not alone and that there are many others who appreciate its rarity and brilliance. I can't wait to speak with all of you!!
'Hello, the last page of my life.'
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: Just Me

Post by nissanmama »

Welcome to the home of the happily obsessed. We love having new addicts post, it makes the rest of us feel more normal.

Make sure you check out the Newcomer's Guide. It will help you navigate the site. Meyer's Personal Correspondence is a must-read and I thought the Timeline was really interesting too. Have you already been to her site and read the outtakes, FAQ's and extras? So worth the time.

See you around the boards!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Welcome to the Lexicon! I'm Dark, feel free to PM me if you have a question or would like to chit chat.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

trulytif wrote:I guess I picked my screen name because when I first started reading the twilight series I almost didn't want anyone to know- I felt a little embarassed to be so involved in a book series, especially one of such great fantasy, but then when I realized I wasn't the only one to love Stephenie's Meyer's books so passionately I began to feel unashamed and comfortable with having such a strong interest in something like Twilight. I really began to feel like "Hey this is me, I like these stories because they make me feel alive and truly like myself again", so that is where I came up with TrulyTif.
That is exactly how I felt when I first started reading the books! I think I felt most embarrassed buying them at Barnes & Noble :oops: It definitely helps knowing I'm not alone in my love for them. Now, I feel proud and I don't really care what anyone else thinks because these books deserve to be loved as we do. PM me if you'd like to chat... see you around the boards! :D
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Hey! Welcome to the new Lexicon! I'm Ren, and if you need anything or have any questions, or just want to chat in general, feel free to send me a PM. I'm friendly!

Also, make sure you glance over Alcyone's Newcomer's Guide to the Lexicon 2.0 (The shinier, spiffier version) for rules and regulations, if you haven't already. :) It's great for a newcomer to get a start with the rules, and it's a good look-over for returning old members to see if anything's changed, but I don't think much has. :D

See you around~

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Welcome to the Lex! See you around the forums, if you wanna chat send me a message!
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Hi! Welcome to the Lexicon, I'm Venecettia.
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

Hi and welcome to the Lexicon! My name is Alyssa. Feel free to PM me anytime. See you around the boards! :D