Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ABeautifulLetdown
Settled in Forks

Hello there

Post by ABeautifulLetdown »

How did you pick your screen name?
It's something I've had for quite awhile. It's spelled differently on AIM though.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
Within 2 days of each other, 2 completely unrelated people mentioned the book. I'm a Harry Potter nerd, and never thought I'd find a book that I enjoyed more than that series as a whole. I read the entire Twilight series in 6 days, and have bumped dear Harry to #2 on my list. I loved them all, but New Moon took a little warming up to, with no Edward for 75% of the book!

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
To say it right, I am absolutely in love with Edward, or rather the idea of an Edward. I'm pretty certain that was SM's intent and I sort of give her a big *glare* for it. He is perfectly flawed and has the capacity to love more than any human ever could. No one that I'll ever encounter in my lifetime will compare, and that is pretty much heartbreaking. However, I adore Bella as well and think that she definitely deserves Edward. My only complaint is that she is a little bit too whiny for me. And pssshhh, I am so much more ordinary and interesting than her ;) Jacob... I love Jacob as well. Long hair never did it for me though... physically speaking. I think of him as Bella's protector and I like that he is pretty much as genuinely good as she is.

Who is your favorite minor character?
I'm torn between Aro and Carlisle. Aro, because his mocking enthusiasm for absolutely everything grave makes it hard to really hate him like I should. Carlisle is just too kind for words and wants his family to be safe and happy. What's not to appreciate? Esme too!

What are your hobbies?
I read a lot, I love music. Mostly I just work and go to school, though. Siigghhh

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
Chicago is big enough to say Chicago and not be found, I think...

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
20's.

Anything else you would like to share.
I am amazed at the world that Stephenie Meyer created within this series. I really and truly wish that it was or could be real. It gives us a place where love could last the entire length of forever without ever fading at all. And, uhm, helloooo. Vampires. Yum. Even if it was just to brutally murder me, I'd really like to see someone as flawless as the characters in this book. Just sayin!

I will absolutely die if SM does not finish Midnight Sun. Regardless of knowing the story and the ending, 4 books of the same story from Edward's perspective would be completely amazing. I can re-read this story a thousand times and never tire of it. I wish I was kidding
Last edited by ABeautifulLetdown on Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now you know... no one's ever loved anyone as much as I love you.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Hello there

Post by CantBreathe »

ABeautifulLetdown wrote:I am amazed at the world that Stephenie Meyer created within this series. I really and truly wish that it was or could be real. It gives us a place where love could last the entire length of forever without ever fading at all. And, uhm, helloooo. Vampires. Yum. Even if it was just to brutally murder me, I'd really like to see someone as flawless as the characters in this book. Just sayin!

I will absolutely die if SM does not finish Midnight Sun. Regardless of knowing the story and the ending, 4 books of the same story from Edward's perspective would be completely amazing. I can re-read this story a thousand times and never tire of it. I wish I was kidding
Amen! I second everything you said right here *sigh* I think I am just going to keep rereading the books until I am completely out of touch with reality :lol: PM me if you'd like to chat. Welcome to the boards!
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
eizel
Learning to Love Green

Post by eizel »

hello! welcome to lex!! see you around!
ImageImage
Credit to http://kawaii-inc.org/ for my sad cute avatar.
im just sad Stephenie Meyer put Midnight sun on hold indefinitely
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

Don't worry, you are not alone in your Twilight obsessed world! I am with you on the Harry Potter thing. I read all 7 of them in a week. But as soon as I read Twilight (thankfully it was right before Breaking Dawn was released), I couldn't stop until I was finished. I was at the Breaking Dawn release party and didn't stop reading till it was done. I have never been that consumed with something. But I'd happily do it again! Well, welcome to the boards and have fun looking around!
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Hey! Welcome to the new Lexicon! I'm Ren, and if you need anything or have any questions, or just want to chat in general, feel free to send me a PM. I'm friendly!

Also, make sure you glance over Alcyone's Newcomer's Guide to the Lexicon 2.0 (The shinier, spiffier version) for rules and regulations, if you haven't already. :) It's great for a newcomer to get a start with the rules, and it's a good look-over for returning old members to see if anything's changed, but I don't think much has. :D

See you around~

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Welcome to the Lex! See you around the forums, if you wanna chat send me a message!
~Elizabeth (formerly known as RealGirlsLikeFastCars)
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Welcome to the home of the happily obsessed. We love having new addicts post, it makes the rest of us feel more normal.

Make sure you check out the Newcomer's Guide. It will help you navigate the site. Meyer's Personal Correspondence is a must-read and I thought the Timeline was really interesting too.

See you around the boards!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Welcome! I'm Dark, feel free to PM me if you have a question, I jsut might be able to give you an answer! Also if you would just like to chit chat.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

Hi and welcome to the Lexicon! My name is Alyssa. Feel free to PM me anytime. See you around the boards! :D
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Hi! Welcome to the Lexicon, I'm Venecettia.