Introduction

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fi_fi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Trying to be 100 places at once while, with a To Do List that never gets any shorter!

Introduction

Post by fi_fi »

How did you pick your screen name?
I worked in childcare for 4 years, the kids called my fi-fi, and it stuck, and no, my real name is not Fiona (in case you were wondering - I get asked that a lot when people hear me being called 'fi').

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
My best friend saw the films a few weeks ago, then read the books and recommended them. I finally got round to buying Twilight last week while away from home, read it in one night, then went out the next day and bought New Moon and Eclipse (they didn't have Breaking Dawn). My partner bought me Breaking Dawn as an anniversary present, not quite realising the obsession that was building. In the past week, I've read all 4 books at least twice.

Twilight is my favourite. I think. At the moment anyway.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Bella and Edward.

Who is your favorite minor character?
Is Alice a minor character?

What are your hobbies?
Reading (obviously), walking with my best friend and her 2 dogs. Sounds weird as a hobby, but babysitting my friends' kids. Listening to music and going to festivals.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)

Wales in the UK

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
20's

Anything else you would like to share.

As you can probably tell, I find it hard to keep things short - I'm a wordy person. I've lived in Forks for the past week, and am looking forward to discussing different aspects of the books with other people as interested (obsessed?) as I am.
Last edited by fi_fi on Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: Introduction

Post by n0vaice »

Hi Fiona! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

^ She just said that her real name wasn't Fiona. :roll:

Hiya, Fi-fi. My name is Emmaline. Welcome to the Lexicon!
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Hi and welcome, fi-fi. Hope you like things around here. :)
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

@ Karl, she says her name is not Fiona...hahahaha :lol:

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
fi_fi
Location: Trying to be 100 places at once while, with a To Do List that never gets any shorter!

Post by fi_fi »

Hi all, and thank you for the welcome. I was beginning to think I was the only one with this level of obsession for all things Twi - even my best friend B is beginning to think I'm slightly mad, she even threatened to confiscate my books!! (not that that would matter - I'd just go and get more!!)

Is it usual to read through pages and pages of postings before replying to a particular topic, or to just read the last few posts before replying?
Thanks again, fi x
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Bit of both. If there's a serious discussion going on in earnest, it makes sense to go back a couple of pages -- or even more on something like the Explorations thread!

And it's always a good idea to go read the very first post of the thread so you're clear what the topic is meant to be, and what the posting guidelines are for the thread!

But on long threads, it's obviously unrealistic to expect newcomers to reread everything that's been said. Looking at the date stamp of the posts can give you an guide too: if the previous ten pages were posted within the past week, you have to assume that everyone else in the conversation will have read them. If the earlier discussion dates back six months, it's probably less relevant to the current convo.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
fi_fi

Post by fi_fi »

Thanks for the explanation December.
And thank you for all your work as mod on this amazing site! It's just what I needed - somewhere to vent my obsession and discuss all things Twi - I'm loving the chapter-by-chapter threads already!
fi x
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

fi_fi wrote:Thanks for the explanation December.
And thank you for all your work as mod on this amazing site! It's just what I needed - somewhere to vent my obsession and discuss all things Twi - I'm loving the chapter-by-chapter threads already!
fi x

Hi Fi my name is Desiree. You came to the right place for obsessed fans. I will let you in on a secret the obsession never goes away. :lol: I hope to see you around the boards for discussion.
Banner by TammyAZ
fi_fi

Post by fi_fi »

@Edwards Ragazza:
Is it weird that I find that sort of comforting? I don't want my obsession to go away - I'd be lost without it now!