Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

G'day!

Post by aussie-twigirl »

G'day everyone on the lex!

Okay so you've probably guessed where i'm from already... Australia, the land of oz. The twilight phenomenon isn't as big and crazy as it is in America. I'm not sure whether many aussie fans would camp out for days like at the LA premiere yesterday but it looked like a whole lot of fun to me. I watched the MTV livestream and I really wished I was there.

That's what brought me to join the lex. For a while I've been following the lexicon blog but I haven't had the time to join the forum. Finishing high school and begining uni over the past few months has kept me pretty busy. But now I'm on winter holidays and for once, don't have any schoolwork or anything so i thought it was time to join :D. BTW, I'm studying Medical Science at uni and turned 18 a few months ago.

As far as falling for the twilight saga, I first read the books in early January 2009 (I know a little late). By then, Stephenie had completed the saga so i read the books one after another. I think it took me a week or so. I just fell in love with them. After being dragged to see the Twilight Movie by my sis, I instantly loved it! I say dragged because at first I thought it was some boring horrorish book about vampires. How wrong was I, and I regret not reading them sooner! Instead I fell in love with Bella, Edward, Jacob, Alice and everyone. But not only did I fall in love with twilight, but it also opened my eyes to vampires and the vamp/love genre (Eg Vamp Diaries, Vamp Academy). And the saga's got me into some pretty cool bands like muse and paramore. Anyway, what i like about the saga is how well Stephenie tells Bella/Edward/Jacob's story and how everything is for the fans rather then for money and all that. I love how modest all the actors are and how they're true to themselves and don't let the fame and stuff go to their head.

I love all three of the major characters for different reasons but I guess I associated the most with Bella when I first read it because she and I were the same age and at the same stage of life (sorta). But I like how much Edward loves Bella, how honest and true he is about it and how he's protective of her but respectful too (definitely gives us girls unrealistic expectations). And i love Jake for his humor and his 'sure sure' attitude. It's a bit like an aussie guy/boy attitude I suppose you could say. As for minor characters, again, I love them all for different reasons but Alice and Emmett would probably be faves.

Hobbies: I spend A LOT time studying so reading and music (piano, singing) are my wind-down things/hobbies. I also like disney, scrapbooking, watching movies (other than twilight), Harry Potter, Gossip Girl, Greys Anatomy and fashion
Where I'm from: Like i said, Australia, but I live in Adelaide which is the main city in the state, South Australia.

So yeah, that's my twilight story. Hopefully I'll see you 'round on the board!

Aussie-twigirl
:geek:
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: G'day!

Post by Jestak »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Hope you like it here and that your studies are going well.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hi there Aussie-Twigirl!
Welcome to the Lex. I'm Openhome, on of the mods here, and I'm very happy you chose to join our little group of addicted people. As you can see, we have tons of place to post and talk about just about anything. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me. I hope to see you on the boards soon! :D
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Hey, I'm Kenzie. (:
Welcome to the Lex!
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
aussie-twigirl
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by aussie-twigirl »

Thanks everyone, you're all so friendly and welcoming!

I can tell that the lex is a great place to be.. looking forward to getting on the boards :)
TY KYM!! =)
Paige I'm on the ListV2!
Edward|Emmett|Quil|Carlisle|Alice
SHIEGE and PIEGE = TWINS *~* KYM IS MY TSB
My Blog - Kaleidoscopic Dreams
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Hi! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime :D

well since you're a teen please visit the
teen thread, you can meet other teens there.
Almost all of them are quite awesome and
really friendly. So drop-by there and introduce yourself. :D

TEEN THREAD
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Welcome to the Lex. It is a fun and friendly forum for all ages. Hope to see you around some of the discussion threads.
Banner by TammyAZ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi! Welcome to the Lex! See you around the boards! :D