New Kid Idril

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Idril
Settled in Forks

New Kid Idril

Post by Idril »

Hello there everyone! I am never really sure how to start out at new forums so be patient with me. I am copy/pasting the easy questions to give a little background of course I'll do my best to answer any questions people have.

How did you pick your screen name? I have had this name for close to 7 years now from a Lord of the Rings message board that I am on and well that's become my nickname. Besides that what my license plates say on my car!

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite? Its all my daughter's fault! (Thanks Aya!!!) as she brought me her books to read when she came to visit at Easter. I was in classes at the time so had to wait to get through the end of the year so picked them up and well a book a day later I was done and hooked! This all about 10 before the Trilogy was out. But actually I would say that my fascination with books came when I was in school as I loved to read. I read my first vampire books by Anne Rice "Interview with a Vampire" & "The Vampire Lestat" OMG 30+ years ago!!! I found and read many books at that time around vampires & werewolves. Who would have known that years later I would start through it all again!

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob? I do not consider this a fair question as I like them all, not just the 3 main characters. Besides a little history is behind this and it makes it a VERY difficult choice as it deals with my maiden and married names. (Werre (pronounced were) & Wolf) Yes this is the truth! Also I like each characterin the movie for specific aspects of their personalities.

Who is your favorite minor character? I also do not consider this a fair question ... see above reason.

What are your hobbies? I like to read a lot of different kinds of books. I sing & play percussion instruments. I enjoy all kinds of crafts (drawing, painting, crocheting, knitting, scrap booking, rubber stamping, etc.) I love playing all kinds of games on my PS2, PSP Go and Computers. I like to do word circle puzzles, putting regular puzzles together, watching MOVIES (I go almost weekly or rent something!), playing games, traveling to visit with family & friends and spending time with my cat (Ayamé) and dog (Tazz) who goes with me almost everywhere!

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!) Well I grew up in Idaho, moved to Washington where I lived most of my younger/middle adult life and raised my family. I now live in Oregon.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc) I am in my 40's but try to stay young at heart.

Anything else you would like to share. I am Aya Diefair's real life mom & I consider her my BFF! I like to watch several SyFy flicks which include Vampire Diaries, Merlin, Legend of the Seeker, Star Trek, etc. so much that I record them on my DVR weekly so I don't miss any of them! I like ALL KINDS of music except RAP, it usually gives me a migraine & anything that adds to those headaches I stay away from as much as I can! Just ask me questions, I will do my best to answer them. I guess that's all for now!
8-)
Lady Idril
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: New Kid Idril

Post by Jestak »

Hi Idril, welcome to the forum from a fellow 40-something. Nice screen name, by the way. I hope you enjoy it here.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

Allo Madre. :3 Enjoy roaming the threads. I have had fun so far here.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Hi! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime. :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello Idril!
I'm thrilled to welcome a fellow Tolkien lover here! We just had Elenwe join as well. Relative of yours?? :lol:
I'm Openhome, a mod here and fellow 40 something year old. :D
It is wonderful that your daughter is here as well!
I'm sure you've noticed that there are tons of places to post, and I would like to point out that we have several adult threads here that you might like to begin on. If you have any questions, please feel free to pm me.
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

Welcome aboard the lex. This is the perfect place to indulge in anything twilight related with some great people who all have such differing but fascinating views on the saga.

Enjoy finding your way around and I'll see you on the boards :D
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi Idril! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Hey, I'm Kenzie. (:
Welcome to the Lex!
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Idril
Settled in Forks

Post by Idril »

Hello again and thank you for the kind welcomes!

I need to clarify what I meant by "not knowing how to start". I never know what to say about myself or what to share. :mrgreen: I do understand (& read) the rules at each board I join (not many). I have been a LotR board moderator so know the routine & job responsibilities so unless I am totally lost & clueless, I don't usually need much 'help' per se.

I would like to know if there is a forum here for collaborative writing? That is what I like to do the most and once I have taken a good look around who knows I may even find it myself!!!

Thanks and I will be seeing many of you around the boards!
Lady Idril
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM