Hello Everybody!

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MysticsOcean
Settled in Forks

Hello Everybody!

Post by MysticsOcean »

My name is Leah, and I have a Bachelor's Degree in history, and am currently in graduate school seeking my teaching certification in Social Studies. I love deep and thoughtful conversation. My passion is reading, writing, and movies. I tend to become obsessed with the things I love, hence, why I am here!

How did you pick your screen name?

I have had this screen name for a long time for various social networks. Anyone remember the blog Xanga? - it all started there. I combined two things that I feel describe well. First, I love anything that is mystical and fantastical. I love stories revolving around the more mystic side of the world. Second, I love the ocean. I remember always feeling most creative when I was visiting the ocean.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?

It is amazing how I first heard of the books. I was walking through Barnes N' Noble with a friend, we were both avid readers, when she asked me if I had read the Twilight series. I had never even heard of it. She told me they were interesting, and she had just read the newly released Breaking Dawn. She said she enjoyed them. I later went home that evening, and my aunt asked me if I had ever read the Twilight books. I was shocked, because I had never heard of these books, and in the same day two of my favorite people to discuss books with were telling me about them. I learned shortly after they were about vampires, and was immediately turned off of the idea of reading them. I decided the exact opposite, and became vehemently against reading the books. However, when I moved later on that year to Charleston, South Carolina to transfer colleges, my roommate had the books. I also started working at Waldenbooks, and quickly learned that these books were growing quickly in popularity, especially since the movies were going to be released soon. I decided to give them a shot, simply because I did not want to be able to speak to customers about the books. I was hooked within the first few chapters of Twilight, and continued reading them all - finished Breaking Dawn while at the theater for the midnight premiere of Twilight.

The question of my favorite book is extremely difficult to answer. I love things about all of them - excluding New Moon. If I absolutely had no choice but to answer my favorite would be Twilight. There is just something special about the new love of Bella and Edward.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?

This one is easy, and probably the answer for almost everyone - Edward. There is something extraordinarily beautiful about Edward's love for Bella.

Who is your favorite minor character?

Alice. She is an uncommonly wonderful friend.

What are your hobbies?

I already answered them above, but reading, writing and movies. I also love discussing social, political, and religious issues.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)

Texas.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)

Mid 20's.

Anything else you would like to share.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Hello Everybody!

Post by Jestak »

Hi, Leah, welcome to the forum. :wave: As an educator myself, I'm always glad to meet someone going into teaching. Hope you enjoy things around here.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hi there, Leah! Hope to chat with you soon!
daffystjob
Settled in Forks

Post by daffystjob »

Welcome to Twilight Lexicon,

just wondered why you didn't particularly enjoy New Moon.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Twisessed1221
Settled in Forks

Post by Twisessed1221 »

Hi Leah! :wave: Neat username :)
If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time.--Edith Wharton
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~