Tech Questions?

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES? Ask here!
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Me and Chloe are having trouble loading my GIMP Image Processor. I have it downloaded, but when I try to open it, it says You must be logged in as an administrator or a Power User Group when installing the program. The problem is, I don't know how to log in as one of those. Any advice?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Sorry, DudeRocksTheTwilight, I'm not sure how you can do that. I hope somebody else can help you.

So I was wondering, is there a reason why accounts become deactivated when changing our e-mail address? I changed mine a while back and was locked out for about 9 days before someone reactivated my account. Now my friend twilightsagaaddict is experiencing the same problem. Is there some way to fix that? I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

I have seen this before on certain accounts, I will look into it further. This is not done on purpose, it looks to be a software 'feature'.

for now I reactivated the accounts in question.

let us know if there are any more issues like this.

Thanks.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Eri
Displays Excellent Tracking Skills

Post by Eri »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:Me and Chloe are having trouble loading my GIMP Image Processor. I have it downloaded, but when I try to open it, it says You must be logged in as an administrator or a Power User Group when installing the program. The problem is, I don't know how to log in as one of those. Any advice?
I guess your computer uses either Windows XP or Vista, and you can have different accounts there, there must be one with Administrator priviledges to install GIMP, do you share the computer with somebody else???
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Eri wrote:
DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:Me and Chloe are having trouble loading my GIMP Image Processor. I have it downloaded, but when I try to open it, it says You must be logged in as an administrator or a Power User Group when installing the program. The problem is, I don't know how to log in as one of those. Any advice?
I guess your computer uses either Windows XP or Vista, and you can have different accounts there, there must be one with Administrator priviledges to install GIMP, do you share the computer with somebody else???
We went through that. All the accounts had passwords, and none of the family had set passwords.
I hope I'm right on this.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

It doesn't matter whether there is a password for the account or not- just that the account is of the right group.

What version of Windows do you have? If it is XP, go to the Control Panel, open up Users, and you should see the list of people with accounts on the system. It should also say which ones have Power User or Administrator rights. You'd need to use one of those accounts to get the program to work.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I have another question of something entirely different. . .

What's up with the search box? Every time I try to search it says "Not Available. Try again in a few minutes."
It might just be my computer. I can access it sometimes, but more often not.
ImageImage
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I get that too. And not just on the search box.

I'll click "View your posts" up top, go into the first one, then back out of it (or hit "View your posts" again) and I'll get that message. Really annoying.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

ringswraith wrote:I get that too. And not just on the search box.

I'll click "View your posts" up top, go into the first one, then back out of it (or hit "View your posts" again) and I'll get that message. Really annoying.
Me too. Any search feature, really.
It could be on overload or something.
ImageImage
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

first I have heard of this.

I will add it to my list and look into it.

thanks

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]