Tech Questions?

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES? Ask here!
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by Susie »

Hi! Is it possible to set a default so that posts show up in descending order automatically? I always have to go to the bottom of the screen and change from ascending to descending. Thanks.
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Susie wrote:Hi! Is it possible to set a default so that posts show up in descending order automatically? I always have to go to the bottom of the screen and change from ascending to descending. Thanks.
Sure Thing:

At the bottom of the topic you should see
  • Display posts from previous: <Drop Down Box> Sort by <Post Time Drop Down Box> <Ascending or Descending Drop Down Box>
This will do it manually for a topic (but you already knew that ;).

If you always want to see it that way, go to user control panel Display Options and you will see all the same choices there.

Let me know if you need any more help.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

As I mentioned in my PM, Thanks! Now I have another question-

How can I subscribe to New Kid on the Block? I know how to check for email alerts when I make a post, but that is for a specific thread for each new person. I'd like to be alerted to new members in general so I can welcome them. Thanks!
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Great question. Go to the forum index for New Kid and scroll down riiiiight to the bottom. Below the New Topic button, and Who is Online and all that. Just before you hit the adverts, there's a lavender bar with lots of busy little writing in it. One of those inconspicuous links says "Subscribe Forum". Click there -- and Bob's your uncle. (You'll know you succeeded, because once you subscribe, the link says "Unsubscribe Forum". Which is where you click (duh) when you get tired of getting notifications...).
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Thanks! I didn't scroll down far enough. That will make things so much easier.