Tech Questions?

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES? Ask here!
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by pennybug84 »

I have a question on posting a url link. how can you make it so that if the url is really long you can make it shorter, so that you don't take up a big space for that link? i've also seen some people put like a word or sentence and if you click on linkit'll bring you to page or whatever.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

pennybug84 wrote:I have a question on posting a url link. how can you make it so that if the url is really long you can make it shorter, so that you don't take up a big space for that link? i've also seen some people put like a word or sentence and if you click on linkit'll bring you to page or whatever.
I can tell you how to make it a word:
1. Click the URL box:
2. Put a = here: [url=][/url]
3. Put the URL immediately after: [url=URL][/url]
4. Put the words(s) you want highlighted here: Here

Voila! Does that help?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

sweet it does. thanks!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jill
Settled in Forks

Post by Jill »

Hello!

How can I start a new topic?

Whenever I enter a forum without logging in, I can see a "new topic" button next to "search this site" small window, as well as one on the bottom, under all the topics listed, followed by a list of what I can or can't do in the forum. But if I log in, the "new topic" button disappears, along with the list of what I can and can't do. Isn't it strange? And I see that the "request new topic" thread in this forum is locked, too. Could somebody, please, help?

Thank you!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Hmm. It's strange that the request topic is locked... But typically the mods create all the topics here, and we post under them.

Was there something specific you wanted to post about? Or maybe we can help you find a topic to post it under.
Jill
Settled in Forks

Post by Jill »

I wanted to request a general Twilight Humor thread in the In the Twilight Zone forum to post Twilight-related jokes, funny suggestions for T-shirts, etc. just for fun. I looked through the list of threads on both pages, but didn't find anything suitable.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Jill wrote:I wanted to request a general Twilight Humor thread in the In the Twilight Zone forum to post Twilight-related jokes, funny suggestions for T-shirts, etc. just for fun. I looked through the list of threads on both pages, but didn't find anything suitable.
Just like he said, generally the mods make them with the exception of New Kid In Town.
But there is a Topic Request thread, where you can post your suggestion.
However, this thread is currently locked. So my advice is to PM Nina.

Chloe
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

I hope I can explain this right.

I want to know how to quote more than one person in a single post.
For example, if user1 said something about Rob's new haircut and then user2 said something about Rob's clothes I want to know how to quote both of their statements but only have it in a single post from me.

Does anyone understand what I'm asking?? :?
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

The easiest way to do that is to go to the first post, hit quote, then copy the entire text.

Then go back, head to the second post, hit quote, and then paste what you copied earlier into it.
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

ringswraith wrote:The easiest way to do that is to go to the first post, hit quote, then copy the entire text.

Then go back, head to the second post, hit quote, and then paste what you copied earlier into it.
Aha, I wondered if some copying and pasting was involved -- thanks!!