Tech Questions?

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES? Ask here!
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Re: Tech Question Topic

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

I hope this is where my question would go.

When creating an avatars and sig pictures, are there any like legal guidelines? Like can you use just anything you find on the internet? I want to create a picture for my sig and then maybe find a way to stick it on a shirt but I didn't know if that was technically allowed.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
Eri
Displays Excellent Tracking Skills

Post by Eri »

Tough question because i'm not too into legal questions but i guess you can ask the person who created the image for permission and if they give you the okay you can go on with it :roll:
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Ok thanks! I am just curious because you see stuff on Ebay and Cafepress coming up with shirts and things and I would like to also but I don't want to get into any trouble with it!
ImageImage
Eri

Post by Eri »

I think (but i'm not sure) that the people who sell stuff in CafePress, the images they're using where made by them or at least they've got the permission for that, but you could try it anyways
Bellbird Cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bellbird Cullen »

Hi -

i was just wondering how i can change the e-mail address i used to sign up with to another? I've got a new e-mail address and i want to delete the old one but i can't until i switch over my Twilight Lexicon account to the new one...if that makes sense...? I tried going though the user control panel and then 'Profile', 'Account settings' but when i think i've changed the e-mail address, everytime i go back to it, the old one is still in the little box.. ahhh golly...

Thank you so much

xoxo
The Bellbird who fell for the Edward...
the element met its maker and blushed...

TEAM EDWARD FOR...EVER.
Eri

Post by Eri »

Go to the User Control Panel --> Profile --> Edit Account Settings, the second option is the email address, you can put there the new one but then you have to retype it to confirm it. Save changes and it should work, i've tried it and it worked for me. If still doesn't update the new address pm me ;)
Bellbird Cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bellbird Cullen »

Haha thanks! I tried changing my e-mail address again and it worked this time thanks to you! I'd say it was definetely my less than informed knowledge of forums that was in the way last time!

See you around!

xoxo Bellbird
The Bellbird who fell for the Edward...
the element met its maker and blushed...

TEAM EDWARD FOR...EVER.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Hello. I hope I can ask this right. When I want to take a portion of someones post from the "Quote" button, I have tried to edit out what I do not want to have in my post by 'erasing' what I don't need and then using only the portion I do need. The problem is I seem to not be able to get the 'quote' to reflect like it is in a "talk bubble" set up and instead it shows up like I am the one who is saying the other persons post.

If you understand what I am getting at, how do I just take sections of posts to answer instead of the whole post itself.

Thanks!

navarre
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

navarre wrote:Hello. I hope I can ask this right. When I want to take a portion of someones post from the "Quote" button, I have tried to edit out what I do not want to have in my post by 'erasing' what I don't need and then using only the portion I do need. The problem is I seem to not be able to get the 'quote' to reflect like it is in a "talk bubble" set up and instead it shows up like I am the one who is saying the other persons post.

If you understand what I am getting at, how do I just take sections of posts to answer instead of the whole post itself.

Thanks!

navarre
I hope I can answer this. Maybe it's the mods job.
Anyway, maybe when your erasing the unneeded parts, you're erasing the last "quote" box?
So it would look like this:

[quote"threethings"]Other's message here[/quote]--Maybe your erasing this?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

So all of my PMs have been going to the member and the Adminstrators. There is not an X to get rid of it or anything. It is a box that says groups: Administrators. I click on Administrators to get it off and things but nothing happens. I can't find any way to get it to stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
ImageImage