Request a Topic **SPOILER FREE ZONE**

REQUESTS, COMMENTS, FEEDBACK
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ilovetwilight0509
Learning to Love Green

Re: Request a Topic

Post by Ilovetwilight0509 »

That helps. It sounds like it was Alphie, but I'll look at the convention info and see if i see her name. Thank you.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Uhm, not sure where to post this, but I was wondering if there was a thread to talk about the dvd extra's? I just watched the ones on the eclipse dvd and I have some things I would like to discuss/ask. I could post it in the general eclipse movie thread, but since it's not really about the movie itself, I was just wondering if there was or could be a thread about it.

Mod Edit: Eclipse DVD Extras thread here

Thanks for the quick reaction :D
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Earlier I was chatting on Facebook with a friend about romantic love and such and how it relates to the Twilight Saga and derrived fan fics. Do we already have a thread for discussions of this nature, and if not, I think that this would a good topic to add to the Great Discussions section. This is a topic that means different things for different people, and in fiction, we all feel a bit differently about this subject, and I think that even if it doesn't directly connect to the Twilight Saga, it's relevant. Also, there's been some discussion about Kristen and Rob in the Breaking Dawn movie thread. Nothing bad, but I think that it can also fit in this topic, too.

So just a place to discuss things of that nature--what romance means to us and how we like to feel when reading it in fiction or watching it in movies, primarily in the Twilight Saga, but also in general and how Twilight may compare. A good idea, or a lousy one?

Mod Edit: It's a great topic. We do have a True Love, Reality or Myth? thread. Do you think the convo you have in mind might work as an extension of that (if necessary, the opening post could maybe be edited to broaden the topic)? Or does it need a separate thread? In general, I'm in favour of having fewer threads -- helps people find convos that interest them. What do you think?

link to new Topic: Romance in Literature and on the Screen
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

It's you guys' call on the separate thread as far as if it's neccessary or not. However, I did read the intro to it, and it seems to virge a bit on a real-life discussion. I think that it's possible that it may work if the intro post was broadened and maybe a memo was put into the thread. However, I think that what I'm trying to aim for is more of a discussion of romance in fiction and how it makes people feel and how they want to feel while reading it.

As I said, it's your call, but I don't think that'll really fit in that thread unless the topic itself is broadened and posters given notice about it, as well as the fact that the topic may or may not really fit. I like the idea of fewer threads, but then there's the issue of a specific issue of discussion that may or may not fit in a discussion and may be better served as a stand alone topic. Whatever decision is made is fine with me, but I'm more concerned about posters who might want to discuss my proposed thread as it's own topic or it derailing/deluting the True Love topic.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I searched for a thread for this but didn't find one. I was wondering if we could have a thread for Water For Elephants the book? If there is one and I missed it, what is the link?

Mod Edit: We have your thread here for you. The thread is open for both movie and book discussion. Enjoy!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I was wondering if there was a thread for fashion discussions? I can't find it, maybe I didn't look well enough.
Or maybe we could have one....I would really like to discus sense of fashion, clothing worn by the actors and the movie fashion...

Mod Edit: There's a Fashion Thread in the Flight to Phoneix forum. You might also be interested in the Shopping with Alice thread in the Twilight Zone Forum. If none of these threads meets your needs then let us know, we can create a new one for you.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
babynessie_18
Wandering Through Town

SUGGESTION

Post by babynessie_18 »

Hi! I'm a huge fan of Bella and Edward, but I thought of this funny idea since I saw Bella and Jacob in Eclipse..

I wanna ask if is it okay to post a forum regarding the subject "What if when Edward left Bella, and Bella moved on with Jacob?" I mean, what if they redo the movie with another version in which Bella would rather choose Jacob than Edward? I think this will be very interesting to other Jacob & Bella fans out there.. You see, if Bella chooses Jacob.. Everything is a lot easier for her.. She could still see her mom, her dad and old friends.. I mean, they doesn't have to get married right away.. Like Bella and Edward, cause I know Jacob is very young.. I just like the idea of him with Bella..
It's just a thought.. :swoon:

Mod Edit: Have a look at the Love Triangle thread here. It's a thread for discussing everything about the Jake/Bella/Edward triangle, including what would have happened if Bella had chosen Jake -- and whether that might have been better for her.

Also, I wanna know if there's a thread about Rosalie/Esme/Alice/Bella's dresses. More on fashion and about their closets..

Mod Edit: As suggested to the poster above, you might try the Shopping with Alice thread.

ETA
On closer inspection, I see that the Shopping topic was a little narrow: I've edited it now to include all aspects of the Cullens' taste in clothes. Let me know if that's not what you had in mind.

hey, I wanna ask? Uhm, Does anyone have pictures of the Cullen Mansion? With their rooms, closets and all? I just wanna know.. Thanks
-babynessie_18-
Aeterna
Settled in Forks

Post by Aeterna »

drift0fft0dream wrote:I see that there are topics for Twilight related art/crafts/jewelry/products, but could you make a topic for anything that board members create and sell? It seems that there are a lot of creative members who make things for etsy.

Thanks!
I was wondering the same thing. Even if not to sell (though I do sell my creations) but at least to showcase our works and get some feedback from proper fans and see where we can improve! And I would love to be able to chat with other artists and see their wonderful work and learn some new things along the way.

Thanks for the consideration :)

Mod Edit: Sorry about the delay. We're looking into it. We're obviously totally happy to have a thread where artists can chat with each other; on the other hand, we can't have have it become a springboard for commercial promotions (not that we think that's what you or driftofftodream have in mind, but once the thread is in there, it's open to use -- and abuse). Let us think about this and get back to you.
~*~ "You'd better hold on tight, spider monkey" ~*~

aeternajewelry.etsy.com
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hi there! I was wondering if there is a thread on people who believe that the relationship (Edward and Bella's, for example) is abusive. I have a friend who thinks that the books aren't for teenagers because she believes that Edward is abusive (because he's in her room without her knowing, etc). I've looked around the board and can't find one, but there's so much here I've probably just missed it.
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Tornado wrote:Hi there! I was wondering if there is a thread on people who believe that the relationship (Edward and Bella's, for example) is abusive. I have a friend who thinks that the books aren't for teenagers because she believes that Edward is abusive (because he's in her room without her knowing, etc). I've looked around the board and can't find one, but there's so much here I've probably just missed it.
A specific topic for this belief would be contrary to our Site philosophy.

However, there is and can be intelligent, rational discussion of this topic. It can be hard as some people have very strong opinions on both sides of the aisle.

Character Discussion is in Sparkling with Edward and Bella, Bella and Edward

Please read through the prior discussion and (as always) lets keep it courteous.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere