Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Postby RebeccaCullen » Sun May 02, 2010 3:46 pm

LionandLamb123 wrote:Sorry to say, but Jacob imprinting on Renesmee is almost definitely going to be a part of Breaking Dawn in my opinion,especially with Stephenie as producer ( yay ! :D ) . It would leave so many Team Jacob people disappointed and it wouldn't close the story right or make much sense as to why he never imprinted and he would just end up alone ? I can understand why you think it's wrong, but it's a huge part of the Twilight saga and how everything works in the end and if it wasn't included I think a lot more people would be upset rather than relieved.


I honestly think that Jacob fans would be disappointed anyways because Bella chose Edward and Jake gets their daughter [instead of getting the gold, he gets the silver]. And getting their daughter when he loved the mother first just comes off as wrong to me.

Personally, I would prefer it ended with that small question of who Jacob ended up with because even if it is shown that he does imprint on Renesmee, there's still that question, at least for those who've read the books, of whether or not she will choose him or someone else. Just because he imprinted on her doesn't mean she's going to choose him, IMO.

And I swear, I do not want it to end with a flash forward and we see that Renesmee and Jacob getting married.
Image
User avatar
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:15 pm
Location: Surrey BC

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Postby LionandLamb123 » Sun May 02, 2010 7:09 pm

RebeccaCullen wrote:
LionandLamb123 wrote:Sorry to say, but Jacob imprinting on Renesmee is almost definitely going to be a part of Breaking Dawn in my opinion,especially with Stephenie as producer ( yay ! :D ) . It would leave so many Team Jacob people disappointed and it wouldn't close the story right or make much sense as to why he never imprinted and he would just end up alone ? I can understand why you think it's wrong, but it's a huge part of the Twilight saga and how everything works in the end and if it wasn't included I think a lot more people would be upset rather than relieved.


I honestly think that Jacob fans would be disappointed anyways because Bella chose Edward and Jake gets their daughter [instead of getting the gold, he gets the silver]. And getting their daughter when he loved the mother first just comes off as wrong to me.

Personally, I would prefer it ended with that small question of who Jacob ended up with because even if it is shown that he does imprint on Renesmee, there's still that question, at least for those who've read the books, of whether or not she will choose him or someone else. Just because he imprinted on her doesn't mean she's going to choose him, IMO.

And I swear, I do not want it to end with a flash forward and we see that Renesmee and Jacob getting married.


I doubt it will end that way, because in the book there is still that question. And Stephenie said in an interview awhile back that there might be a book in the future, but from a different perspective, which leads me to believe it will probably be about Nessie and she'll make that choice. But I think if there wasn't a resolution for Jacob, people who haven't read the books but have caught up on the movies will be left feeling confused about it. But I can see your point.
Image
User avatar
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: The Meadow =]

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Postby bored by the sea » Tue May 04, 2010 3:47 pm

this is soo overdue its about time Stephenie got to play a bigger part in the film making process :D

as for the imprinting i think it definitely has to be in there i mean yeah its a little weird i guess and you don't really see it coming but thats the beauty of it, especially as in Breaking Dawn its not like a sexual thing Jakes effectively kind of like her godfather i guess you could say?!

Lionlamb123 yeah did you see those interviews Stephenie did about Breaking dawn, one of the questions posed was if she was intending on carrying the saga on and her answer was that if she were to carry the saga on it would be from either Renesmee or Leahs point of view as they are the characters that she feels are unresolved at the moment
Image
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
User avatar
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:25 pm
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Postby LionandLamb123 » Tue May 04, 2010 9:59 pm

bored by the sea wrote:
Lionlamb123 yeah did you see those interviews Stephenie did about Breaking dawn, one of the questions posed was if she was intending on carrying the saga on and her answer was that if she were to carry the saga on it would be from either Renesmee or Leahs point of view as they are the characters that she feels are unresolved at the moment


Oh she said either Renesmee or Leah ? I think I saw a really old one where she didn't name anyone in particular. I really, really REALLY hope she picks Renesmee!! But really I guess it just depends if your team wolfpack or team vampire :lol: Team vampire ! :)
Image
User avatar
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: The Meadow =]

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Postby dazzel21 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:19 am

LionandLamb123 wrote: But really I guess it just depends if your team wolfpack or team vampire :lol: Team vampire ! :)


Well I'm obviously team vampire so I hope it's Renesmee. Plus it would be really interesting to know what our favorite hybrid is thinking...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
Image
~Team Edward Forever~
User avatar
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:44 am
Location: lost in Twilight zone

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Postby LionandLamb123 » Wed May 05, 2010 3:28 pm

dazzel21 wrote:
LionandLamb123 wrote: But really I guess it just depends if your team wolfpack or team vampire :lol: Team vampire ! :)


Well I'm obviously team vampire so I hope it's Renesmee. Plus it would be really interesting to know what our favorite hybrid is thinking...

I know ! I have a feeling Leah's POV would be a lot like the Jacob part of Breaking Dawn. And that isn't to exciting... :lol:

But.. Breaking Dawn comes out November 18!
http://team-twilight.com/20100505/save-date-breaking-dawn-hit-theaters-nov-18-2011/
Image
User avatar
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: The Meadow =]

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Postby bored by the sea » Wed May 05, 2010 3:37 pm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TEAM VAMPIRE ALL THE WAY!!! (ha ha did my sig give that away much?!?! :lol: )
yeah id hope for Renesmee because obviously shes team vampire and team werewolf, whereas if its from Leahs pov shes not exactly a vampire fan :| . yeah the interviews were posted on team-twilight yesterday you should check them out.

LionandLamb123 wrote:But.. Breaking Dawn comes out November 18! [/color]http://team-twilight.com/20100505/save-date-breaking-dawn-hit-theaters-nov-18-2011/


:o yeeaaahh i saw this VERY exciting news!!!!!!!!!!!! esp seeing as one of my mates and i have always said we're going to go to america for the Breaking Dawn world premiere sooo now we can start vaguely planning it
Image
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
User avatar
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:25 pm
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Postby LionandLamb123 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:07 pm

bored by the sea wrote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TEAM VAMPIRE ALL THE WAY!!! (ha ha did my sig give that away much?!?! :lol: )
yeah id hope for Renesmee because obviously shes team vampire and team werewolf, whereas if its from Leahs pov shes not exactly a vampire fan :| . yeah the interviews were posted on team-twilight yesterday you should check them out.

LionandLamb123 wrote:But.. Breaking Dawn comes out November 18! [/color]http://team-twilight.com/20100505/save-date-breaking-dawn-hit-theaters-nov-18-2011/


:o yeeaaahh i saw this VERY exciting news!!!!!!!!!!!! esp seeing as one of my mates and i have always said we're going to go to america for the Breaking Dawn world premiere sooo now we can start vaguely planning it

Omg, that's so cool ! :D You'll love America ! :D
Image
User avatar
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands
 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: The Meadow =]

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Postby bored by the sea » Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 am

yeah i've never been before and now we can actually properly plan our trip now that we know dates and things, we're both VERY excited about the plan i feel very sorry for who ever is on a plane with us lol
Image
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
User avatar
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:25 pm
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Postby pennybug84 » Tue May 11, 2010 4:35 am

Like you guys have said I love the fact that SM is going to be a producer!! And I'm thinking part of the reason she is will be so that she can help control the Isle Esme scene & keep it a PG-13 rating. (I didn't think of that myself though I have to give credit to the Twilight Guy.) But I'm okay with that! Being as I know when SM sold the rights to the books to be movies there was a stipulation that they could not be rated higher than PG-13. And hopefully she'll be involved other ways too so that it's closer to the book. :)

I'm pretty sure that Jacob imprinting on Renesmee is going to be in there. (Why would they leave something that important to the story out? Jacob does end up happy w/his soul mate.) They will just have to be VERY CAREFUL on how they explain it so that those who have not read the books don't get the wrong idea or get grossed out. (I'm REALLY hoping that it gets explained in Eclipse so that they won't have to backtrack in BD. But they might not since they like to cut things out. Anther good reason that SM will be a producer on this one.)
Image
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
User avatar
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor
 
Posts: 4087
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: hoping 2012 is better than 2011 was

PreviousNext

Return to Breaking Dawn Movie Pt 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron