Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by bored by the sea »

yeah the 3d thang is just ridiculous really, hmm im intrigued as to whether theyll actually do it, i mean stephenie has been very vocal in saying that shes going to make sure the entire thing stays true to her vision.
yep you should act now with the auditions :)
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

I really hope Summit doesn't push for BD to be in 3D. I actually enjoy watching 3D movies, but it has to be the right kind of movie for 3D to work, and I don't see how in the world BD could be improved by adding 3D. However, due to Summit probably getting a little greedy because they can make a lot more money off of 3D tickets, I have a feeling we will all be donning the glasses come Nov 18 2011. Which, to those who want to know.....is 483 days away and counting lol (only 69 weeks!!)
ImageImageImageImage
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

totally agree with you i just dont see any reason as to why BD would need to be 3D except for the cashola for Summit, its just not needed especially in the first part and then actually even more so in the 2nd film as im assuming thats where we'll see Renesmee and i dont want to have her flying from Bellla at me in 3D :lol:
**TEAM EDWARD**
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I don't think that we have anything to worry about with the 3D idea being tossed around. Here's the link for Wyck Godfrey's interview where it's mentioned.
http://www.fearnet.com/blogs/eclipse/b1 ... dfrey.html

From what I have read, they would use the 3D to differentiate between Bella's vision for pre and post trasformation. Some were posting earlier wondering how they were going to show Bella's difference in vision and 3D may be the only way that they can somewhat pull that off. He states that if it can be done and stay true to the material they will. So they are not even thinking of having the birthing scene in 3D. He also answers alot of our other concerns about that scene as well...like how they are probably going to shoot it. Since we read this from Jacob's perspective, it was a lot more graphic than what Bella would have been able to tell us. If they take it from her perspective, there will be the majority of the happenings, but it will not be quite so stomach turning.
I loved his comment about having his wife, who's an OB-GYN, brought to the set to make sure that Edward makes the proper incision with his teeth for the oral Cesarean. :lol:

Over all, it was an enlightening interview as far as some of the concerns that have been voiced. Still hoping Stephenie can fix or at least tone down some of the major mistakes that have been made... :roll:
Grayce
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I just read an interview with Stephenie in which she talks about the rating...
I'm sadly to report she is death-set on having it pg-13...
now I know there are a lot of people here how will be happy with it because that way they can see it as well, but I'm not...
I wanted clear images where Bella's mind go blanc in the book....
I want the birthing scene to be as bloody and crude as it was in the book....

how they are going to do that in a pg13 movie, I'm not sure...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Rae Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Rae Cullen »

marielle wrote:I wanted clear images where Bella's mind go blanc in the book....
I want the birthing scene to be as bloody and crude as it was in the book....

how they are going to do that in a pg13 movie, I'm not sure...
I want that too! Although, I can see the reasoning of them maybe toning it down a little because of the audience. Well and SM's view on rated R movies. But probably mostly because of the audience. When I went to see Eclipse...I saw little girls, that were like 8, bouncing up and down in their chairs waiting to see Jacob or Edward. I think parents would probably be really mad if they took their kids into Breaking Dawn and they have to leave early because the kids are crying because Bella's stomach is being cut open and Edward is having to pull the baby out. Although I think that kids that young shouldn't be going to movies like that anyway...just my opinion though.
"No one ever bets against Alice...except the wolves."Image Image
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

It's the small devil on my shoulder, but I would love to see the movie rated R so I wouldn't have to sit through another sea of pre-teens screaming and swooning the entire movie :twisted: :twisted: . I know that's shallow of me, but it's very hard to sit through a movie anymore without someone talking, screaming, etc. /endrant
ImageImageImageImage
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

see thats kind of why i was hoping for a higher rating but not because of the pre-teen screaming/squealing, heck ill happily join in the whooping and clapping, but what ive noticed this time around is that even though over here the rating was a 12 A (which means you can see it if you are under 12 as long as you're with an adult) there were loads of little and i mean little kids watching it as in like 5/6 years old, causing mayhem, although that said i did have grown women interrupting my viewing last week by taking the mick out of pretty much everything.

who ever posted the link to that interview thankyou, id read it before ages ago was good to have a refresher of it :lol:
oh well Julys almost done sooo we'll see in 17 more months! :lol:
**TEAM EDWARD**
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I wish that it would be rated R, as I think we would get the full effect of the book. I think the birthing scene is one in which the R rating would be where we need it. If it's not that bad, I think that part will be very upsetting. You can do the sex scenes and still have PG-13 though.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I had an idea...maybe they will do a Director's Cut DVD option...like they have with other movies, or an "unrated" version. Or possibly have two different discs...though it would make more money for Summitt and also for everyone else involved if it were released separately from the "theatrical version". This way the steamy scenes could be more steamy...a bit...don't want X version, and the birth scene could be a little more bloody too.

I know I would buy it...I have 4 copies of New Moon...probably will of Eclipse too so why not...
Grayce