Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by Tornado »

I'm sorry to double post, but I just wanted to put a word out just in case someone official visits this site. I hope they haven't cut that bit where Edward kisses Bella on the forehead in the honeymoon scene. We have seen the full version, and we don't think that kiss slows the pace down or anything. WE WANT IT IN!!!!!! Do not wreck BD by cutting out loving bits between Edward and Bella. We had enough of that with Eclipse.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Tornado wrote:I'm sorry to double post, but I just wanted to put a word out just in case someone official visits this site. I hope they haven't cut that bit where Edward kisses Bella on the forehead in the honeymoon scene. We have seen the full version, and we don't think that kiss slows the pace down or anything. WE WANT IT IN!!!!!! Do not wreck BD by cutting out loving bits between Edward and Bella. We had enough of that with Eclipse.
*stands, applauds and cyberfistbumps Tornado*

Hear, hear!!! And, it must be added that, ESPECIALLY given one apparent direction of the promotion of this film centering completely on *snarl* Jacob and his future to the utter exclusion of the true central characters and their love story, it might be a very very very good idea to leave in every ounce of love and tenderness between Edward&Bella that you can as a bit of an olive branch. There are those of us that are seriously offended by the mere suggestion or appearance that this film might focus on anything other than the epic love story that is its' true core.

(Please ignore the growling and gnashing of teeth you hear in the background. I'm sure it's just a pack of strays loose in the parking lot...*smiles saccharinely*)
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Oh, I totally agree with leaving in every possible thing they can about Edward and Bella being together. I've already been turned off by the marketing from seeing this disaster in theaters but I will be taking into consideration of what people are saying about the movie to determine when I buy the dvd.I mean, the store I bought my NM dvd for 20 bucks, has it onsale now for half of what I paide for it. I wasn't impressed with EC and got it as a Christmas present and regret seing it, so as much as I like BD, I don't want to regret buying BD on dvd or watching it.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I've actually just watched a version they showed at the recent Brussels event and it was still in that. Although they might be just using the same clip at all the conventions. But it does give me hope.
thebookworm
Wandering Through Town

Post by thebookworm »

Putting together all the comments from the cast and the clips out so far, this is my interpretation of what happens; the wolves come to attack (hence the fight scene with the wolves and Alice and Jasper in it), this happens after Jacob has imprinted. Jacob comes out to stop it, Edward also comes out to protect his family, and this is when Jacob says "if you kill her you kill me." This is when Edward realizes what Jacob has done, so after the truce with the wolves, this is when Edward launches Jacob across the room.

Like I said in another post,I don't like it when they play with the commitment Edward has to Bella (i.e he would not have left her), but movies have to contain action,if not for us book lovers,but for general movie goers. This is the only way I can see this panning out with out too much detraction from the book, since in the book, Edwards reaction to the imprinting and Jacobs explanation to the pack was kind of glossed over, due to us being in Bella's head while she was burning.

P.s Tornado, please will you pm me with what you have heard? Thanks.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, in my mind, if the wolves had been outside the house, about to attack, Edward would have left Bella to fight them off. I like the fact that he says, "They're not going to hurt my family". This would, I think, be his attitude if this situation had occurred in the book.
saw93
Wandering Through Town

Post by saw93 »

The one thing that I am biting my nails over is the ending to Breaking Dawn part one. I think they are going to stop it right before she wakes up as a vampire. I will be too sad lol. But I am preparing so i wont be too sad lol. I just hope they finish the first part neat and wrapped with a sparkly bow :) like Edward

TEAM EDWARD FOR LIFE!!
You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours." ~ Edward Cullen Eclipse
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Tornado wrote:Yes, in my mind, if the wolves had been outside the house, about to attack, Edward would have left Bella to fight them off. I like the fact that he says, "They're not going to hurt my family". This would, I think, be his attitude if this situation had occurred in the book.
I'm inclined to agree. There is no way Edward would have stood idly by, particularly with his (temporarily)helpless wife and daughter at stake. I believe he would have reconciled the mild interuption to ensure their safety to the fact that Bella would be unaware of his brief absence and protected from the external threat. Granted, it is Edward. So, he also would most likely feel horribly guilty afterwards for having to leave her side when she needed him and apologize profusely for it... :lol:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

:lol: Yes, he would. The recently uttered phrase, "No you have TWO free cards, baby!" at the Stockholm Press Conference springs to mind!
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

Tornado wrote::lol: Yes, he would. The recently uttered phrase, "No you have TWO free cards, baby!" at the Stockholm Press Conference springs to mind!
:rotfl: *searches frantically for the LIKE button*

Oh good gods, can you just imagine?? Poor dear Edward... That is one man whose guilt cup runneth over... and over and over and over....
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty