Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jonilee73
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by jonilee73 »

My biggest fear is Renesmee. They are going to have to have numerous actresses for that part. Or really good stage makeup. She is a huge part of the book, so there is no way they can avoid thay issue and just eliminate the character, but I am afraid of then gliding over the things that make her unique, the growth, the intelligance, her talent, and just making her look like a half vampire half human and that's it.
Forbidden to remember, terrifed to forget
You compare one small tree to the entire forest.

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

jonilee73 wrote:My biggest fear is Renesmee. They are going to have to have numerous actresses for that part. Or really good stage makeup. She is a huge part of the book, so there is no way they can avoid thay issue and just eliminate the character, but I am afraid of then gliding over the things that make her unique, the growth, the intelligance, her talent, and just making her look like a half vampire half human and that's it.
SM said unequivocally that this was the part she struggled with the most in looking at adaptation from page to screen. It's going to be really interesting to see how they finally do it. Bill Condon has a lot of experience with script adaptation and emotional subjects, but not so much with the special effects. Personally, I am seeing something like what they used in Benjamin Button. They will have to find a very mature, intelligent young actress, and then morph her using cgi. To me, the biggest challenge will be Ness as a baby.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
jonilee73
Settled in Forks

Post by jonilee73 »

Yeah, I am mainly worried about seeing her as a baby as well. Once she gets to be looking like she is three or four, you are right, they can get a very smart young actress and either use very good makeup or use CGI. Or a mixture of both. I am confident in everything else. The whole shield thing, the wolves communicating, all of that- I am not worried about. Just Renesmee.
Forbidden to remember, terrifed to forget
You compare one small tree to the entire forest.

GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I just realized that they do not explain that Laurent went to stay with the Denali coven, or that he and Irina become "involved". :? They didn't even mention it in New Moon when he showed up in the meadow. Bella was surprised to see him more because he was supposed to be in Alaska. I wonder how they are going to explain that when it comes time for them to refuse to help them fight the newborn army...or if they didn't put it into Eclipse, how are they going to explain why Irina goes to the Volturi after seeing Renesmee and Jacob....?
Grayce
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

Very good observation. That is sort of important for Breaking Dawn because it is that anger that initially starts the tension between the families and her running to tattle tale, that and the hx with the children. They probably will just add in the story with the babies and the mother and ignore the issue with Laurent. That way they still have the explanation. She saw the child and remembered her mom and ran to tell.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

GrayceM wrote:I just realized that they do not explain that Laurent went to stay with the Denali coven, or that he and Irina become "involved". :? They didn't even mention it in New Moon when he showed up in the meadow. Bella was surprised to see him more because he was supposed to be in Alaska. I wonder how they are going to explain that when it comes time for them to refuse to help them fight the newborn army...or if they didn't put it into Eclipse, how are they going to explain why Irina goes to the Volturi after seeing Renesmee and Jacob....?
yeah i was thinking this whilst i was watching new moon the other day because thats kind of irinas motivation as she feels that the Cullens betrayed her and in fact when the Volturi finally arrive to see the Cullens when they bring irina forward to talk she states that they killed "one of our kind" as a defence to Aro and Caius, in a bid to get them to hand down the punishment. this is interesting i wonder if they will change her motivations slightly or maybe just explain this in Breaking dawn maybe when Alice see's that Irina is going to the Volturi?
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I don't think it would be that hard to mention that in passing while discussing the Denali's motivations. Even if it isn't brought up in Eclipse (which there's still a possibility that it might be) adding in a line or three of dialogue that talks about it wouldn't be that much of a challenge. Granted, we are talking about Melissa Rosenberg...
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

JazzGirl wrote:Granted, we are talking about Melissa Rosenberg...
LOL too true Caryn. I'm hoping maybe just this one time she will make way for scenes in the future the way she is supposed too. It may just restore my faith a wee tiny bit if, in Eclipse, Carlisle calls the Denali's for help and they say no because of Laurent and the wolves. At this point that may be asking too much, but then again we all may be pleasantly suprised :)

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

As I remember there were 3-4 reasons that would bring about the fighting. First, the immortal child. Second, the alliance with the werewolves, who we then find out aren't true werewolves but shapeshifters. When Irina refused to make a formal complaint against the Cullens for this alliance, and admits to making a mistake about the child, she is killed. The Volturi hope that this act alone will cause the others to make the first strike therefore their actions will not be questioned later. That would be the third reasons or cause depending on how you look at it and both of those have to do with Irina and through her, Laurent. If it weren't for him, she wouldn't care if they had an alliance with the wolves. I suppose, they could leave that part out since it wasn't a true cause but a result of her anger with the Cullens. But then, wouldn't they have to find some reason that all the wolves are there since Carlise sends them away when the Volturi show up in Eclipse :? He tells them that their scent is not linked to any particular species that the Volturi have come across before so they wouldn't know to look for them. This protects them from being discovered.
The last reason was, of course, that they were not certain what Renesmee would become because she was unique.
I think if they did just put the phone call from Carlise in Eclipse, it will work out well. Or maybe they can work the information into Breaking Dawn if they didn't... :roll:
Surely, Slade realized by this point that they are making the movies as a continuing story...I know he can only do so much, but he can request screenplay or script changes or additions. And they did do some reshooting...maybe they aren't as slow as I am and realized this sooner. Does anyone remember if they had announced Breaking Dawn director prior to the reshoots? Seems like it was around the same time...
I suppose they could explain it some other way and still have the same result, but then wouldn't that also change key points of the story?
Grayce
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

jonilee73 wrote:Yeah, I am mainly worried about seeing her as a baby as well. Once she gets to be looking like she is three or four, you are right, they can get a very smart young actress and either use very good makeup or use CGI. Or a mixture of both. I am confident in everything else. The whole shield thing, the wolves communicating, all of that- I am not worried about. Just Renesmee.
Thats what I was hoping for Renesmee, an actual actress/actress'es and a mix of make up and CGI to show the whole charade. I mean if a 25 year actress can be passed for a 7 year old girl in Law and Order then they can do this simply!
The shield thing should be like a slightly visable barrier IMO, like a shimmering heat wave or something, so that when the powers and the mist get repeled, you can see it!
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.