Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Every article I read they talk as if it is going to be a 2 piece movie. That gives me a lot of hope.
Banner by TammyAZ
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Post by Seeker-Mar »

I love Renesmee and I love Jacob but I feel there is no way to translate his imprinting onto the screen.

Many people find it questionable in the book and that is even with it explained over and over. I think if they stay too faithful to the imprinting they will ruin the movie and wreck Jacob's character. I have no problem with them finding a way to fix the baby imprinting issue. There is no way Jacob (or any character) should be shown imprinting on a baby in the movies. I think it will probably end up looking disgusting to anyone who isn't a pervert. No matter how many times the characters say it isn't disgusting it will seem so. They can find another way. I hope so much that they change this. They can still have Jacob and Renesmee love each other but not while she is a child.

I also hope they add some action in the ending. Similar to how they did in New Moon.
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. James 3:17
Seeker-Mar
Wandering Through Town

Post by Seeker-Mar »

I agree with everyone saying they want the Bella letting Edward read her mind to be in there. Me too. That scene made me cry!
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure and full of quiet gentleness. Then it is peace-loving and courteous. It allows discussion and is willing to yield to others; it is full of mercy and good deeds. James 3:17
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Everything I've read lately more or less states that Breaking Dawn will be two parts...even interview with MR. But Summit still not issued a press release on this? It seems to be that they are trying to tell us without "overshadowing" the Eclipse release and fanfare.
Also, in reading that interview, I think MR may show us more in the honeymoon and birth scenes than I originally thought, because she is working so closely with Stephenie. Hopefully, the director will do a lot of research before he begins.
I've mentioned before that the ratings have changed a great deal. I know that some stuff they show on PG-13 movies and shows now would only have been on R rated movies when I was a teenager. MR stated that there is a way to insinuate what's happening without showing too much graphic details.
I may be in the minority of people who would choose "fade to black" over showing too much during the honeymoon. For me though, more is not always better, sometimes it's just more. But I would like to see something of the romance. I would like for every woman in the audience to be able to relate (at least those that are old enough) and know exactly what Bella is feeling when she wakes up the morning after with the almost smug, completely satisfied, weak in the knees feeling before she even opens her eyes. When she realizes that she is no longer a girl and that she and Edward are compatible in all ways. Bella relives the night before trying to figure out what could have made him so angry, and I can see that this is where they will be able to show some of those moments. If they show it while it's happening instead of Bella remembering it, from her point of view, we will not have the same confusion that we got in reading. The confusion and frustration, and misunderstanding of the moment is what makes the scene so much more real to me. It's exactly how I think it would feel to be a human in that situation. Especially a "teenage" girl whose first time was with her soul mate on the wedding night. But then I'm a little old fashioned myself. :oops:
So, maybe there's hope yet for a happy medium.
Grayce
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

GrayceM wrote:Everything I've read lately more or less states that Breaking Dawn will be two parts...even interview with MR. But Summit still not issued a press release on this? It seems to be that they are trying to tell us without "overshadowing" the Eclipse release and fanfare.
Also, in reading that interview, I think MR may show us more in the honeymoon and birth scenes than I originally thought, because she is working so closely with Stephenie. Hopefully, the director will do a lot of research before he begins.
I've mentioned before that the ratings have changed a great deal. I know that some stuff they show on PG-13 movies and shows now would only have been on R rated movies when I was a teenager. MR stated that there is a way to insinuate what's happening without showing too much graphic details.
I may be in the minority of people who would choose "fade to black" over showing too much during the honeymoon. For me though, more is not always better, sometimes it's just more. But I would like to see something of the romance. I would like for every woman in the audience to be able to relate (at least those that are old enough) and know exactly what Bella is feeling when she wakes up the morning after with the almost smug, completely satisfied, weak in the knees feeling before she even opens her eyes. When she realizes that she is no longer a girl and that she and Edward are compatible in all ways. Bella relives the night before trying to figure out what could have made him so angry, and I can see that this is where they will be able to show some of those moments. If they show it while it's happening instead of Bella remembering it, from her point of view, we will not have the same confusion that we got in reading. The confusion and frustration, and misunderstanding of the moment is what makes the scene so much more real to me. It's exactly how I think it would feel to be a human in that situation. Especially a "teenage" girl whose first time was with her soul mate on the wedding night. But then I'm a little old fashioned myself. :oops:
So, maybe there's hope yet for a happy medium.
I believe Summit did issue a release saying it was 2 films. I read it last week or the week before and they are planning on keeping it PG13 and not get to graphic with a lot of the more graphic scenes.The whole series has been PG 13 and the books are labeled for teens, so I think they will have no choice but to keep it that way. I think it can be done though. I agree, they don't have to show actual sex to show the emotion. Sometimes less really is more.
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

MiVidaLoca wrote:I believe Summit did issue a release saying it was 2 films.
Thank you for that. Silly me...I've been watching Summit's web site for news updates on this. I should have known better. :oops: :lol: So...btw, an official press release has not been posted on their actual web site yet.
Grayce
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

I don't know I don't check their actual site, but Lexicon and The Official Twilight Saga Facebook page had posted this article.

http://www.twilightlexicon.com/2010/06/ ... wo-movies/
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

yeah they issued an official press release last week??! it is definitely definite :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

Now that it is final about the two films for BD, everyone seems to be wondering how they will approach the two "controversial" scenes. The honeymoon and the birth. What I'm reading on some of these sites is how bloody the birth was...I've already stated my opinion of the honeymoon scene and that the storyline emotions would be better shown if we follow Bella's perspective and the fade to black scene. She then wakes up; satisfied, happy, maybe just the slightest bit smug that their night together was so euphoric and she is so confused and frustrated when she realizes that Edward is disgusted with himself for "hurting" her that for me this is what makes the scene. She goes through the previous night, making herself blush, which is where they could show the flashes of skin, kissing, and oh how I hope that they have Robert making the "I just touched heaven" face like Brad Pitt did in Meet Joe Black.../sigh... :oops: sorry...where was I?
Right...back to the bedroom scene where Bella is trying to figure out what went so terribly wrong. They don't have to show much...just enough to get the emotion across.

The birth scene...I just can't imagine them trying to cut out showing blood altogether. Several chapters before has Bella drinking blood after which she shows immediate improvement. This is also when we begin to see a "different" Bella than the one we're used to. That may be due to the viewpoint but during that I was able to see that Bella becomes all about her and Edward's relationship, their future, and their child. There is no more wondering if she made the right decision about Jacob...she's made the decision that was best for her and let it go. Jacob is the only one who is holding out hope at this point, and even then I'm not certain what he's hoping would happen.
And then there's her first hunt...are they going to try cutting out that scene? I get that they haven't actually shown anyone being killed, except for the one vampire the Volturi killed. I think they can keep it toned down but still...the result is that Bella comes back in Edward's shirt because she is covered in blood and her dress is ripped to shreds. Nessie's first communication with Bella shows her version of the birth scene...well, after the fact. But still Bella describes herself in Nessie's vision, "My memory face was twisted, ravaged, covered in sweat and blood."
How much blood does it take to give a movie a R rating?
Grayce
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I think when it comes to the first sex scene, the only way to appease both those who want to see it and those who want a fade to black, would be to film the scenes and when it comes to editing, to only include flashes of it such as Edward biting the pillow and breaking the headboard.

And instead of including the actual birth as written in the book, have it start similar to how it was in the book, and have Edward, Rose and Jacob moving Bella towards where she pops the baby out and have it kinda end fading to black and we hear her spine snap.

I mean, I can see R rated movies and all, but there are even some that still ick me out (see Scarface).