Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: The Breaking Dawn (I) Trailer!

Post by GrayceM »

Hey ya'll - I'm on East Coast US...anyone know what channel the trailer will be on at 7pm? I've been looking...maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. :?
Grayce
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Tornado wrote:Yes, the 15 second bit that was released on the weekend is a teaser for the new trailer.
I guess I just didn't expect the longer trailer to be released so soon!
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

GrayceM wrote:Hey ya'll - I'm on East Coast US...anyone know what channel the trailer will be on at 7pm? I've been looking...maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. :?
I think it's going to be released online and will most likely be on the official website for Breaking Dawn.

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That official website is hopeless. They haven't even updated it to include the photos released in EW!

I'm tossing up whether I should do another fan reaction video for this one. It's sort of embarrassing to think I'm sad enough to do that, but I did get 2000 hits on the last one!
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Really? I'm surprised - they should update it. I haven't visited it for a while but I assumed that the official website would be kept up to date!

Oh, why not do a video? Post the link if you do decide to do one. :)

There are some crazy videos out there though...I once accidentally stumbled across "nuttymadam3575"'s Twilight fan reaction videos on YouTube and had to turn my computer volume right down, lol!

P.S. Not that I'm saying that your video would be crazy. I'm sure you'd be much more sophisticated than some of them out there!

The Real Alice Cullen
I've got my eye on you

Post by The Real Alice Cullen »

Hi everyone!!
Welcome to Bella’s Birthday! We’ve been a little busy with the girl’s birthdays this year because Renesmee is now driving! Everyone but Edward and Bella are thrilled with this new development. To celebrate her Cullen “coming of age” birthday, we all got her car related items. Except Jacob who got her a Harley. Edward refuses to speak to him, but Renesmee loves it! If you want to see our gifts to Renesmee, go here. You can post your gifts to the girls there as well! The mods are allowing images today!
Perhaps something fun for Renesmee and calming for Bella would be best. Remember, Renesmee is a driving teen now, and they all need a little help.
What we need you Lexers to do is help Bella and Edward feel a little better about both Bella’s and Renesmee’s 5th birthdays. Their little girl is growing up, and it’s hard for them to let her go.
Please go to the Birthday Wishes thread to wish Bella and Renesmee a happy birthday. And then, if you find the perfect gift for Bella or Renesmee, please post it on the Birthday Gift thread. The first page tells you how.
I hope to see you all at the Birthday Thread!
Amazing how someone so tiny can be so irritating....
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Not to sound mean, but the reaction video's and the other TW related video's nuttymadam3575 does gives the rest of us a bad name.

Haven't been to the official site since I think the Sunrise teaser pic was released, but it not being updated it sad.
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

RebeccaCullen wrote:Not to sound mean, but the reaction video's and the other TW related video's nuttymadam3575 does gives the rest of us a bad name.
I know what you mean. If I mention Twilight elsewhere online, people immediately stereotype me as a screaming hysterical fangirl and assume that, because I like Twilight, all my other tastes in books, movies, music etc must be trash. It's sad that the world is so judgemental.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, I can assure you that mine are nothing like nuttymadam! She's frightening to watch!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Okay, I've just watched the trailer. I did record my reaction, but I'll have to wait until my husband comes home tonight to help me upload it to youtube. I'll post the link here when it's done.

The only real negative in my mind was the makeup. It looks so fake. It's such as shame, as I had high hopes for it this time. It didn't look so bad in the first trailer. That was probably because we didn't have closeups then.

However, the rest of it looked pretty good. I liked the scenes between Edward and Bella post pregnancy, and certainly in the trailer the emphasis seems to be on Edward and Bella and how they are coping with this, rather than having Jake sticking his snout in and circumventing Edward. Hopefully this means the powers that be have played that angle down. It seems that they don't want to highlight it, which is a good sign.

I liked the selection of clips they showed us and what they revealed. I liked the fact that a lot of it was from the book, and even what wasn't seemed on line with it and interesting. I still don't like the staging of that scene with Jacob and Carlisle and Esme. Hopefully it will look better in the film.

Something else I've just noticed. Edward's eyes are black at the delivery! Hooray!