The Breaking Dawn (I) Trailer!

Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Re: The Breaking Dawn (I) Trailer!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Tornado wrote:Rebecca, I too, am getting pretty confident that BD might be good. I know that Rob has been quoted as saying that he liked filming all the honeymoon stuff because there was so much of Bella and Edward just being together and being happy, like a normal couple. That certainly sounds good to me! My only concern is that they'll put in too much tension between them during the pregnancy.
That is a concern of mine too! It was so hard for me to read the parts in BD about Edward and Bella fighting (even though I know the reasons for it all and how it all turns out) and I'm worried that the non-readers will get the wrong idea about Edward and they will hate him for his actions! I'm looking forward to seeing Edward and Bella happy and couple-like :), since there has been so much tension between them in NM and Eclipse!
RebeccaCullen wrote:By the time the movie had come out, the marketing had brought my annoyance with Jacob to a whole new level, there were a handful of scenes in the movie that I wasn't too impressed with because of their obvious favoritism towards Jacob and I felt that by that point, the Bella/Edward romance that should've been important was being overshadowed by Jacob. While the blue filters from Twilight annoy me, it's not at the level that Eclipse and Jacob are at.
I agree with what you said about the favoritism that was shown for Jacob! I think they went overboard trying to create the love triangle between Edward, Bella, and Jacob! The books showed so much love and happiness between Edward and Bella, and the movies have left lots of that out! Jacob has been made out to be the "good guy" and they have decreased the love shown between Edward and Bella! I'm hoping we see lots of romance between Edward and Bella in BD and hopefully we will actually see them being more couple-like :)!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I think the couple-ness was there in Twilight, as it should be. It was never going to be in New Moon so much, because they aren't together! I thought Eclipse lost it, but I think that was because David Slade just couldn't do romance very well, and because of the level of fatigue that permeated that movie as a whole. I have seen the Eclipse script, and when I read it, the love between Bella and Edward seemed more pronounced, in spite of scenes like the loathsome motorcycle scene. So I really feel there was a catastrophic failure in the way it was brought to the screen.

But yes, I am looking forward to lots of couple stuff in the first part of BD! Rob has been quoted as saying that they're just like a normal, happy couple at that stage in the movie, and I'm really looking forward to it!
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Breaking Dawn at Comic Con: there are some clips online which show the BD panel at Comic Con. I haven't watched them yet (planning to do that sometime today) but I wondered if any of you know when the actual movie clip or teaser trailer, which is rumored to be released at Comic Con, will be online?
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I don't know about anyone else here, but I haven't heard anything about an official release yet, but, believe me, I'm looking! There is a poor quality version of the wolf pack scene floating around, but I haven't found any version of the honeymoon scene yet (there are some fake ones floating around, too). Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before they release something official!
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Tornado wrote:I don't know about anyone else here, but I haven't heard anything about an official release yet, but, believe me, I'm looking! There is a poor quality version of the wolf pack scene floating around, but I haven't found any version of the honeymoon scene yet (there are some fake ones floating around, too). Hopefully, it won't be too much longer before they release something official!
Yeah, I hope so too. I don't watch unofficial scenes; I want the legitimate ones!

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Emmettroselover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Emmettroselover »

I am so torn about it! A part of me wants them to release the clip so I can watch it over and over but another part wants a lot of the scenes to be kept a secret. With New Moon and especially Eclipse promoting, they showed so much stuff. It got to the point that by the time I watched the film I felt half of the good scenes were shown in bits or pieces. This is where I feel fickle. I am tempted to want more, but also do not want to be spoiled. Of course I will watch it either way but there is something about going to the theater not knowing much about what will happen or how scenes will play out. I am too weak to not peek so I am hoping Summit does not release too much.
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Emmettroselover wrote:I am so torn about it! A part of me wants them to release the clip so I can watch it over and over but another part wants a lot of the scenes to be kept a secret. With New Moon and especially Eclipse promoting, they showed so much stuff. It got to the point that by the time I watched the film I felt half of the good scenes were shown in bits or pieces. This is where I feel fickle. I am tempted to want more, but also do not want to be spoiled. Of course I will watch it either way but there is something about going to the theater not knowing much about what will happen or how scenes will play out. I am too weak to not peek so I am hoping Summit does not release too much.
I'm the complete opposite to you! I just want to see more, more, more....I'm so impatient for November 18. :D I hope they release the official clips from Comic Con soon.

Emmettroselover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Emmettroselover »

I just recently decided that I will do everything in my power to attend the premiere in LA so I am really just excited about the whole experience. I start grad school for English Lit in the fall and have to begin my thesis. I plan on writing it about the saga and SM so I will pretty much be immersed in this world for the rest of the year. I am really excited about everything and hopefully the films live up to whatever expectations I have......I am still trying to decide if I should have any at all! With that said, the trailer really just spurs me on already so I do not need too much more.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Well, I know there are some things they definitely won't show, like a full bedroom scene or the birth. I believe they are doing something on the wedding dress the week before the film comes out, but nothing apart from that, and I will try and avoid that one, as I want the dress to be a surprise!
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Tornado wrote:Well, I know there are some things they definitely won't show, like a full bedroom scene or the birth. I believe they are doing something on the wedding dress the week before the film comes out, but nothing apart from that, and I will try and avoid that one, as I want the dress to be a surprise!
Judging from Comic Con, we're not going to get to see much before the movie is released.
It appears that those two clips released at Comic Con were for people attending the convention and that they will not be released for the rest of the world to see. I really wanted to see them! :cry: