Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MoonlessNight
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn 2-The Discussion Before the End

Post by MoonlessNight »

marielle wrote:60 days... just 2 months left!!!!!
I can't wait too, but I can't believe this is it-the last one :( . Once the DVD comes out, there will be nothing left to look forward to. The best we can hope for is that MS gets finished, or perhaps Stephenie will take the characters into the future with a new book. I'm feeling bittersweet about the whole thing.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

MoonlessNight wrote:
marielle wrote:60 days... just 2 months left!!!!!
I can't wait too, but I can't believe this is it-the last one :( . Once the DVD comes out, there will be nothing left to look forward to. The best we can hope for is that MS gets finished, or perhaps Stephenie will take the characters into the future with a new book. I'm feeling bittersweet about the whole thing.
Yes, me too!!! I want to know how they made the movie and if it is very different from the book. I want to see it all but I don't want it to end just yet...

Miss Meyer better start finishing the book that must not be named!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
MoonlessNight
Settled in Forks

Post by MoonlessNight »

marielle wrote:Miss Meyer better start finishing the book that must not be named!!!

In an interview Stephenie Meyer did a couple weeks ago, she did say she was "writing", so that's something to look forward to. I always thought it would be cool if she released a future book in 2013, the year that Renesmee would be fully matured, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for that. I'm guessing that she is writing a Host Sequel, which would be good, too. There are so many scenes in The Book That Must Not Be Named that I'm dying to read. It may take 10 years, but I really think she will finish it. She knows how much it means to the fans.

Since this is a BD discussion forum, I'll go back to that. I'm really not too worried about how it will turn out, because I think Bill Condon did a great job with BD1. Every scene he did that differed from the book, I felt that it added something to the movie. I really can't say that about the other three movies, in fact, I hated most of those scenes. I think he made the movie to be what the fans wanted, as opposed to what he wanted.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Just 53 days left!!!

I got my tickets!!! I'm be locked up in a cinema room for a whole day!!!

Anyway back to BD2... You all have read Kellan's comment on a scene after the credits. like the did with BD1. Any ideas or hopes of what this might be?

Rumors so far are:
- wedding scene Charlie and Sue
- Flash backs from Bella like she did in the book with Edward.
- Some scene to set up the next book/movie.

I'm hoping for:
- a happy ever after
- a Leah being happy scene as she was the only one left with a broken heart.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Violet Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Violet Sunlight »

Hello everyone, :wave:

Thank you kindly marielle for the MUCH appreciated BD2 update.

Okay to answer your question:
- I’m hoping for rumor #3 “Some scene to set up the next book/movie”.
Really, ANY kind of flash forward scene (approved by SM, of course and especially) would just be icing on the cake for me. And anything with Jacob and Renesmee’s future in particular, (which would give us a possible glimpse to the next book/movie), would just be hot fudge swirls on top of the icing with a cherry on top.

- However, I’m going to guess it will be rumor #1 “wedding scene Charlie and Sue”.
It seems fitting to have a scene in BD2 that would somehow actualize the quote from the book that goes:
[“Sue would be with Charlie--the werewolves' mom with the vampire's dad--and he wouldn't be alone anymore. I smiled widely at this new insight.”]
We already saw BD1 (and BD book of course) insinuate this was the direction Charlie and Sue were going in. IMO, it feels like the HEA for book-&-movie-Charlie has been a long time coming. So I think it would be in good taste to show a hint of it before the story comes to a close, (hopefully a short-term close) either in the credits or in the movie itself.

Another very cool possible scene I’ve heard randomly mentioned before is Renesmee starting High School with the rest of the Cullens. Kind of like coming full circle or something. Hmmm . . . maybe that would be too much like the Harry Potter ending or like the ending from a TV show I use to watch Charmed. [**Just errant thoughts**].

Lastly, in regards to Leah, I know the subject was touched on in BD1 but I too hope they can spare a few more lines in BD2 to give us a little more insight on just how relieved and free Leah really feels with her new setup/connection to Jacob’s pack, being that she doesn't get a romantic HEA. At least, SM fills us in (on her site on the BD FAQ section) that “Leah is currently pretty satisfied with life”. I guess it will have to do if we get nothing else.

Hurray! 53 more days! CAN”T WAIT!!! CAN’T WAIT!!!
MoonlessNight
Settled in Forks

Post by MoonlessNight »

marielle wrote:Anyway back to BD2... You all have read Kellan's comment on a scene after the credits. like the did with BD1. Any ideas or hopes of what this might be?
Hmm...I thought he meant a collage of scenes, like the end of BD1 the book, but I guess I misunderstood. This is way more interesting. Like Violet Sunlight suggested, maybe it'll be a HS scene, with Bella, Renesmee and Jacob. Another Volturi scene seems likely, though. Aro and Caius will not be able to let bygones be bygones, and that will set things up for another book (I can hope, right?).
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

You all have some pretty interesting theories! Sorry I don't have time to discuss them all right now. But I was watching this (btw, no fair! Kristen and Kellan for teasing us so much!) and I had this really crazy thought:

I've seen rumors of characters on the Cullen side dying or getting killed in the fight with the Volturi. (I think one of the actors hinted at it... correct me if I'm wrong though.) What if someone did get ripped to pieces, but wasn't set on fire because Alice shows up with that other hybrid (who's name I can't remember... calls herself a fan :roll: ). And what if we saw him/her being put back together in the last scene(s), maybe even the scene in the credits...

:lol: I don't even understand the random thought proccesses going on in my head sometimes...
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Suzan, that's actually quite feasible, putting someone back together again. Pure canon.

The only drawback is they have never shown it before, and have never shown the pieces as having any life in them. Victoria was the best shot at that, as the book has the pieces still wriggling around.

Technically, EVERYONE could get killed except for the lone survivor who starts putting their allies back together. Well, everyone except for the wolves.

If you could nominate one or two Cullens, then take it away. I'm betting...Rosalie? That would be my choice.

Tech*ni*cal*ly though, someone would have to lick all the pieces together. That's a lot of licking.

Any takers here if it was Edward?
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

:lol: Yes, corona. I’d gladly volunteer for that job! And I know a few ladies who’d line up to help me. ;) But they’d have to turn me before, otherwise it won’t work. Although, if it doesn’t work I could just keep trying… and trying… and trying… I’ll stop here before this gets any grosser, hihi.

Interesting nomination. Not so fond of Rosalie, are you?
I’d say Esmee. Not that I don’t like her, but because she is the weakest fighter. Besides I think it will be good for Carlisle’s motivation. He is always the voice of reason and calm. Always looking for a diplomatic solution. This might give him some motivation to fight. And I’d like to see him loose that last piece of respect he’s had for Aro and the Volturi.
But maybe it’s not necessarily a Cullen, just someone on their side…

BUT… I’m not convinced there are even Cullens present, besides Edward and Bella. I noticed this a while ago, but hadn’t posted it. If you look at this screenshot, I spy with my little eye… not a single Cullen. Of course they might be a little more off to the side, but I had the impression (from the book) that they were supposed to stand pretty close to the middle with Edward and Bella. Correct me if I’m wrong though.

If we dissect it even further (and I used this video): At 1:44 we see Jacob, Bella, Renesmee and Edward. Behind them are Emmett and Rosalie. Now assuming Jacob and Renesmee already ran off, at 1:46 where are Emmett and Rosalie? And like I said above, none of the other Cullens either. Then it doesn’t seem to match the high shot at 1:47. There are a lot more vampires there. Does anyone know how many there should be? And then when Edward and Bella do that super-mega-awesome high kick, there are a lot of bodies lying around, but a significant lack of actual fighting… Does everyone die like SM predicted would happen if it got to a fight? I’m very worried all of a sudden…

Anyway, I’m probably reading too much into this. The frames are very narrow and the extra vampires in the shot from the air could very well be the missing Cullens. I just find it a huge puzzle. And the more I try to figure it out, the more complicated it gets. And btw, that French coven that is supposed to be in the movie is one huge mistery to me as well. I guess that's their intention...

I’m over-thinking this, aren’t I? Oh well. That’s why I’m a fan. ;)
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Suzan, you're not overthinking. It is curious about that apparent absence of the Cullens in the some of the shots, I hadn't noticed it. Doubtful they are not in the fight, though, what would a battle be without Emmett?

This is assuming this is a REAL battle, though. I think it highly likely now, but it hasn't been absolutely confirmed.

As to the numbers, Bella gives us a breakdown for most numbers in the first pages of chapter 36, Bloodlust:

43 - Witnesses [6 leave after Garrett's speech and Bella then counts 37 remaining in chapter 37, Contrivances]

32 - Volturi [30 if the wives don't fight, and only 29 if Bella's count included Irina]

6 - Cullens [not counting Renesmee]
2 - Amazon
4 - Denali
2 - Egyptian [not counting Amun and Kebi]
3 - Irish
2 - Romanian
2 - Peter and Charlotte
1 - Garrett
2 - Mary and Randall

So, 24 vamps total. Bella says only 19 were committed to fighting, but I think they all were ready there at the end.

16 - Wolfpack not counting Jacob [although some are very young]

3 - Add 1 more Amazon and Jasper and Alice when they return [not counting Huilen and Nahuel]

So, if Aro had still attacked at the end that would have been 29 Volturi versus 27 Cullen Allies and 16 Wolves. I always liked the Cullen odds on that one, I think they would have smoked the Volturi as long as they could keep Bella alive.

Note: I counted the approximate number of the enemy in the trailer at 70, which is close to what you get when counting the Volturi and the witnesses.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”