A discussion of the novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Post by Nena »

Today we got news directly from Stephenie Meyer about a new novella: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner.
I'm personally very excited to have more of the story that we all love! The novella will be out on June 5th and part of the proceeds will go to the Haiti relief fund.
The free online version will be available on June 7th at http://www.breetanner.com and even though it will be a free download, please consider to make a donation for a good cause :)

Alright, here is the thread. What do you think about the novella? what are you most interested to learn from a Newborn point of view? Share your thoughts!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Post by bac »

I am excited to get another perspective on any of these books. I am happy that SM decided to publish this and give us this perspective. I am looking forward to seeing what the Newborn life was like. Bella didn't really have much of a "typical" newborn experience. So it will be interesting to see what Bree's experience is like. Also, I am curious about Bree's feelings when Carlisle offers her the chance to live if she changes her life. I think that is what I am most curious about, did she really consider it? Would she have made that choice if Jane hadn't come along?
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

I’m really excited about all this! It’s going to be nice to know what happen in a typical newborn head!
bac wrote: Also, I am curious about Bree's feelings when Carlisle offers her the chance to live if she changes her life. I think that is what I am most curious about, did she really consider it? Would she have made that choice if Jane hadn't come along?

It true what you've said Bac! That will be really interesting! :)

That book is probably going to be bloodier than the rest of the saga… Think of it, there was 39 homicides review in Seattle about the time they were there… That’s the part that frightens me…

If I remember well, Stephenie have said that Bree have found love in the Seattle coven and have lost it too... :?

But, I’m so please that Stephenie have done this! And that charity donation is amazing! I would be the first in line to buy it! I hope it will not giving me too much nightmare! :)

I’m so please that what happen with Midnight sun haven’t totally disgust her about publishing something related with her vampires! :)

So thank you Stephenie! :)

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

bac wrote:I am excited to get another perspective on any of these books. I am happy that SM decided to publish this and give us this perspective. I am looking forward to seeing what the Newborn life was like. Bella didn't really have much of a "typical" newborn experience. So it will be interesting to see what Bree's experience is like.
This. Definitely this.
Rae Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Rae Cullen »

I heard a rumor about a new Twilight book, and when I looked on Stephenie Meyer's website and saw that the rumor was very TRUE, i got so excited and had to call at least fifteen people to tell them about it! Like everyone else I am excited to see what a "normal" newborn vampire really goes through. I am so excited and can not wait for June 5th to be here! ;) Thank you Stephenie Meyer!!
"No one ever bets against Alice...except the wolves."Image Image
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I will be buying it to go with my Twilight Collection. Plus helping out Haiti is a bonus. I can't wait to discuss this.
Banner by TammyAZ
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

I am just so excited about getting into our vampire world again!! And to see a newborn from the author's perspective is just incredible. I can't wait. I feel like a little kid right before Christmas. :D
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I'm so happy SM is releasing something new.... I almost had a stroke when I saw a new announcement on her side....
Mostly I'm visiting it everyday in hope of some news on Midnight Sun...
To see that she is back into the vampire world again gives my hope she might actually finish that one as well...

I didn't expect her to write Bree's story at all, I was more thinking she would have picked up Leah's story....
Bree is an interesting choice...although it already hurst to think how she met her end...

Bac, yes it would indeed be interesting to see what Bree thinks off Carlisle.. specially after he offered her a life....
but I think the story will only make me dislike Jane even more.....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
JennyLA
Settled in Forks

Post by JennyLA »

Yeah! I'm so excited. I'm sure it's going to be a great read. And something new from Stephenie. This is great!
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I'm excited about this! Although I will be reading it online before I buy my copy, due to the fact that money's a bit tight right now. Still, it's awesome to have something new from Stephenie. This is the first Twilight book that has come out since I've known about Twilight, so I think it's super cool. I'm still hoping and praying for MS, and even other Twilight related books would be amazing too. Still, I am grateful for something.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3