Twilight Saga Q&A

Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by Esme echo »

I think James did track an actual werewolf, but I can't remember the source for that information.

James' talent was tracking. Victoria's talent was escaping. :)
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
teeroxmuhsox
Wandering Through Town

Post by teeroxmuhsox »

I doubt anyone would really know this but, What kind of great family heirlooms did Edward give to Esme and Alice? This comes from Eclipse when Edward gives Bella her ring and he mentions that he's given some to his family.

Charlie did realize that Renesme was Bella and Edward's child, right? Not an adopted one.
twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

teeroxmuhsox wrote: Charlie did realize that Renesme was Bella and Edward's child, right? Not an adopted one.
Yes, after he looked into her face and saw Bella's eyes in her face. (When he started hyperventaliating :lol: )

Nice first question, by the way.
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

teeroxmuhsox wrote:I doubt anyone would really know this but, What kind of great family heirlooms did Edward give to Esme and Alice? This comes from Eclipse when Edward gives Bella her ring and he mentions that he's given some to his family.

Charlie did realize that Renesme was Bella and Edward's child, right? Not an adopted one.
about the first question. I assumed it was antique jewlery, like his mother's ring that he gave bella. Because he said, he gave them 'baubles' like the ring, so i am asumming it's some other types of jewlery.
teeroxmuhsox
Wandering Through Town

Post by teeroxmuhsox »

malaz wrote:
teeroxmuhsox wrote:I doubt anyone would really know this but, What kind of great family heirlooms did Edward give to Esme and Alice? This comes from Eclipse when Edward gives Bella her ring and he mentions that he's given some to his family.

about the first question. I assumed it was antique jewlery, like his mother's ring that he gave bella. Because he said, he gave them 'baubles' like the ring, so i am asumming it's some other types of jewlery.

well i got that much. i was just curious as to what they really looked like.
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

if vampires have venom in their mouths as saliva, and venom sort of corrodes contacts and stuff,
wouldnt edward kissing bella cause some part of her mouth to corrode or smth?
sorry if i dont make sense.
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

My question's about Leah...and maybe no one really has an answer, but that's okay:

Is Leah really a "biological dead-end"? Or do you think maybe she just hasn't imprinted on someone yet because she hasn't met them? Like there's some other powerful werewolf pack somewhere? I know that probably isn't too likely because it was a La Push legend, but it makes me really sad to think that she was forced into giving up the possibility of having kids someday. Maybe she'll just fall in love like normal people and they'll adopt. I dunno.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
midnight_fix
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by midnight_fix »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:My question's about Leah...and maybe no one really has an answer, but that's okay:

Is Leah really a "biological dead-end"? Or do you think maybe she just hasn't imprinted on someone yet because she hasn't met them? Like there's some other powerful werewolf pack somewhere? I know that probably isn't too likely because it was a La Push legend, but it makes me really sad to think that she was forced into giving up the possibility of having kids someday. Maybe she'll just fall in love like normal people and they'll adopt. I dunno.
I think that the "biological dead-end" statement wasn't so much meaning she wouldn't find anybody to be with but that when she went through the change of becoming a werewolf her body went into a kindof menopausal state meaning she physically couldn't get pregnant. I don't have my book with me so I can't verify that but that was my take on it.

My question is this...
Bella struggled so much when the venom was working through her system to not show any outward sign of pain, even though she was in agony. She was trying to protect Edward, I get that, but wasnt' Jasper around? Wouldn't he have known right away that Bella was obviously suffering? Even if Jasper stayed out of the room for those two days or something, I would think that Edward would ask Jasper how Bella was..he would want to know, right?
It seems Bella was succesful in fooling everyone into thinking she didn't feel anything. I'll feel dumb if I'm just forgetting Jasper was somewhere else during this time or something like that but like I said I don't have BD with me. Anyway, any thoughts?
Edward talks to me in my head.....they tried to give me medication for that but I wouldn't let them.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Genevieve wrote:if vampires have venom in their mouths as saliva, and venom sort of corrodes contacts and stuff,
wouldnt edward kissing bella cause some part of her mouth to corrode or smth?
sorry if i dont make sense.

According to SMeyer...His venom won't hurt her unless she has a cut or sore in her mouth...where the venom could enter the bloodstream. His venom wasn't acidic. I think the contact thing was because its so thin, (and not human skin memberane.)
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

midnight_fix wrote:
My question is this...
Bella struggled so much when the venom was working through her system to not show any outward sign of pain, even though she was in agony. She was trying to protect Edward, I get that, but wasnt' Jasper around? Wouldn't he have known right away that Bella was obviously suffering? Even if Jasper stayed out of the room for those two days or something, I would think that Edward would ask Jasper how Bella was..he would want to know, right?
It seems Bella was succesful in fooling everyone into thinking she didn't feel anything. I'll feel dumb if I'm just forgetting Jasper was somewhere else during this time or something like that but like I said I don't have BD with me. Anyway, any thoughts?
I think Jasper can't really take away physical PAIN...I think he can just calm you or stress you out :)

He might have been able to take the edge off, but I don't think he could take away the pain...

And the dead end thing...didnt they say once Leah gave up changing she would probably be able to have children again.
This is why we need another series with like Jake and Nessie! I want to know what happens to her!!!