Twilight Saga Q&A

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Twilight Saga Q&A

Post by debussygirl »

faith_may wrote:I have a question about Billy.

Does anybody know why Billy is on a wheelchair?
He has diabetis (don't think I spelled that right.)
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Analisse
Learning to Love Green

Post by Analisse »

debussygirl wrote:

That doesn't put him on a wheelchair, it just makes impossible for him to eat food that has sugar, it would not make him paralyzed.

Maybe he had an accident? I really can't think of anything else. And I really want to know, ever since I read Twilight and I found out that he was on a wheelchair I have had that question on my mind.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

faith_may wrote:
debussygirl wrote:

That doesn't put him on a wheelchair, it just makes impossible for him to eat food that has sugar, it would not make him paralyzed.

Maybe he had an accident? I really can't think of anything else. And I really want to know, ever since I read Twilight and I found out that he was on a wheelchair I have had that question on my mind.

For some reason i have the feeling it says somewhere in the series *not sure which book* that he was involved in some kind of accident...this investigation is pending, haha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Analisse
Learning to Love Green

Post by Analisse »

mlola619 wrote:
faith_may wrote:
debussygirl wrote:

For some reason i have the feeling it says somewhere in the series *not sure which book* that he was involved in some kind of accident...this investigation is pending, haha
I actually think that he was, but that's problem, I can't be sure. I read the books more than once and I don't remember reading anything about him having an accident. That's why I post the question (LOL)maybe somebody else knows.
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

faith_may wrote:
mlola619 wrote:
faith_may wrote:
debussygirl wrote:

I actually think that he was, but that's problem, I can't be sure. I read the books more than once and I don't remember reading anything about him having an accident. That's why I post the question (LOL)maybe somebody else knows.
In the Stephenie Meyer Personal Cor. section she says Billy did have diabetes...he lost all feeling in his limbs because of damage to his nerves...but will not get his legs amputated.
Esme echo
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Esme echo »

I have also wondered how Irina found out Laurent was killed by the La Push pack. The only thing I can think of that makes sense is that Victoria knew that Laurent was headed towards Forks and she knew all about the werewolves, so she might have assumed his fate. Maybe she found where they burned him! But I think Victoria is the only Vampire who knew about the werewolves besides the Cullens.

Untreated diabetes can cause all sorts of permanent tissue damage; and those who have adult-onset diabetes may not know they have the disease until the damage shows up. At least Billy didn't go blind!

My question: why did Jacob, Seth, and Leah feel so "homeless" after they formed their own pack? They may not have been best friends with Sam's pack, but why did that mean they could not go to their parent's homes and get a change of clothes? Were they afraid the other pack would attack them? Attack the Cullens? I'm surprised the boundary lines were so enforced between packs.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

mlola619 wrote:YESSSSSS. i would definitely love to dive into that book. Although SM tied all the knots to the character's stories, she still has the oppotunity to go on with Reneesme's life. I wonder whom she would be more like in terms of her character....Edward? Bella? a little bit of both? i'm eagerly waiting for SM to answer THAT question with another book.... 8-) bwahaha
I think that Renesmee will lean more towards being like Bella, just because it seems like she already has somewhat of a stronger bond with Bella but, that, all in all, she will be uniquely Renesmee!! :D

I also think that saying that all the knots to the characters stories isn't entirely true. I'm still very unresolved as far as Leah Clearwater is concerned--members of the pack, Jacob...but, yes, I think Renesmee would be the most interesting story by far!!!
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

obsessedsmallgirl3
Settled in Forks

Post by obsessedsmallgirl3 »

One question I had was how do the Volturi travel? I cannot imagine all these vampires in dark cloaks on a plane. Do they have a private jet? Do they swim?
"You should've seen his face when I started taking off my clothes, though. Priceless."

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rene ... e.jpg?o=17
CéliAmbre
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CéliAmbre »

bethrose wrote:MY QUESTION is what did people think of edward as a father? it bothered me that rosalie, jacob, and bella were always holding her and taking care of her. there were only a couple of intimate instances with his daughter. while bella was pregnant, it was a monster to him and after the baby was born, you never really see him express his feelings for her.
I myself think that Edward really loved Renesmee and took good care of her, but didn't have her near him the whole time since there were already fights between Bella, jacob and Rosalie at first, and Alice apparently took care of her too, and Esme also, I gues, and he didn't need it as much. Anyhoo, here's a place to discuss our little family of Edward, Bella and Renesmee:
http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... f=15&t=497
Analisse
Learning to Love Green

Post by Analisse »

MRK wrote:
faith_may wrote:
mlola619 wrote:
faith_may wrote:
debussygirl wrote:

In the Stephenie Meyer Personal Cor. section she says Billy did have diabetes...he lost all feeling in his limbs because of damage to his nerves...but will not get his legs amputated.
Thanks for letting me know.