Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

NovaAlbion
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Post by NovaAlbion »

VampLover wrote:Ahhh Halloween! My absolute favorite holiday.
So "The Nightmare Before Christmas" should be your favorite "Halloween" film ever?

For general discussion: What is your favorite Halloween movie? There are a lot of scary movies that are often shown around Halloween, but they don't count. What is your favorite film that actually includes references to the holiday. (For example: TNBC counts, but "The Corpse Bride" doesn't. "ET" counts, but "Young Frankenstein" wouldn't.)
"Stories have to be told or they die, and when they die, we can't remember who we are or why we're here." Sue Kidd Monk, The Secret Life of Bees, Chapter 6

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4332809/1/Out_Of_The_Blue
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

nova- would pumpkin head count?? hahaha i love really corny but totally scary movies.
and those are just weird, and gross and awesome!
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

Thank you Nena! Now that is my kind of candy! Favorite Halloween movie...I have to think about that one, but I like that you brought up ET, I never would have remembered that one.
beagle
Settled in Forks

Post by beagle »

I love halloween also. Horror being my favorite genre, and escape being my favorite pastime, it works for me. Plus all of the drinking, oh, that would be escapism again. Anyway,
Halloween 1 was a good film, even without the ...for a slasher movie, prelude.
I love the Buffy halloween episodes. "Halloween" where everyone turns into what they are dressed as and "Fear Itself" where the gang gets trapped in a fraternity haunted house gone real are both good.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Great question, Nova. My favorite Halloween movie truly is The Nightmare Before Christmas. My cellphone wallpaper is TNBC. I like that I can use stuff from the movie twice. "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" is one of my Christmas ringtones. I watched E.T. the other day, and I still love it. Hocus Pocus is another one that I love.

Beagle: You mentioned another of my favorite episodes of Buffy. The episode where Willow becomes a ghost and at the end Oz says "Who is that girl?"

Nima: Great ideas! Most people do the really far-out things when they think 80's. I may do a "slice of life" thing. I may just wear legwarmers, jeans, and do the 80's hair and make-up. It'll have to be legit. We'll see!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Nena - bless you, he even has hip dents! :twisted:

Novia - GREAT question! My favorite Halloween movie (and movie in general) is The Nightmare Before Christmas! Yup - another SuperTwin moment! It's one of my favorite movies. I LOVE the soundtrack, it's on my Ipod and I listen to it all the time. I love singing along. During October I sometimes play the soundtrack in my office. :twisted:

SuperTwin, you could also wear a tunic top with leggings, socks over the leggings and keds. Fluff hair and put in a headband. I agree with Nima, pour on the electric blue eyeshadow and have a blast! If you only had some jelly bracelets!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
HP&TL
Settled in Forks

Post by HP&TL »

80's you must be talking the West 80's. The Midwest 80's was izods, button down shirts with your initials on them. Straight leg jeans, button down of course, if not Levis the Gloria. Leg warms I think was late 80's, I think I missed that college time was vodka and euchre. I wonder if I could dress up for a game of euchre with a bottle of vodka. Sad think is the Vodka would have to high end not that yuck from college time when one could not afford anything.
ImageImageImage

Don't mess with the witch.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

My favorite Halloween movie is definitely Nightmare Before Christmas. I love Tim Burton movies.

These were some excellent Jack and Sally cosplayers that I saw at a convention one year.
Nightmare Before Christmas
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

My favorite Halloween movie is also The Nightmare Before Christmas! I love it. Tim Burton is a genius. It's also my favorite Christmas movie because I think normal Christmas movies are too cheesy.

Nena, is that Henry Cavill? I've never liked him, but that picture is AWESOME!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
HP&TL
Settled in Forks

Post by HP&TL »

My favorite Halloween movie, which is not really Halloween but scary is War of the Worlds Original radio broadcast. Other then that I was not impressed with Nightmare. However, I liked Edward Scissor hands.
ImageImageImage

Don't mess with the witch.