Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Post by bac »

I am so excited for you Nissanmama. That will be a blast. I wish I was there, but I will be a day late (and a dollar short? :lol: ) So FS has his shoulder surgery scheduled, good news. I am glad he will get it "fixed". I hope it goes well.

For Halloween, we have gone through 2 things of candy corn/autumn mix, but that is all (like that isn't bad enough!). We haven't bought the snack size candies yet because I will eat them and then have to buy more to pass out for halloween. We are going to a church party next weekend. Then the school is having a party on Oct. 30 where the kids get to dress how they want! (That is within reason, they gave some guidelines like nothing bloody or too scary). This is a first for us. At the girls previous 2 schools they had to dress like storybook characters like some of you mentioned. My girls are pretty decided on what they want to be. I think we will have a witch and a fairy. The fairy may change her mind, but we will see. I usually dress up for the church party, but not to take the kids around to trick or treat or hand out candy. We are in a new neighborhood this year, but there aren't any sidewalks on a pretty busy street. So we might have to drive to a close neighborhood to trick or treat. I have never done that before. It goes against my nature to drive to go trick or treating.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

NiMA that's fantastic news!!! You'll have to give us a full report upon your return (for those of us not so fortunate).

I hope that FS's surgery goes smoothly and that his recovery is quick. Shoulder injuries are no fun at all.

As for alter-ego baking--that sounds fun! Might have to see if i can scare up an Edward and try it out. ;)
MTF
Settled in Forks

Post by MTF »

Thats cool Mama. I bet that Utah showing is nuts. I'm really considering waiting till Monday to see it. I just dont think that I want to sit in a Theatre full of tween's screaming the whole time. Im sure on a Monday there would be almost no one in there. Not that I don't plan to see it a few times but the first is the more important I think.
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

MTF, is this a record? Have you been on several days in a row? I can't believe my eyes. :shock:

I am going to wait to see the movie too. And, if I am lucky, maybe I can take hubby during the day and then we could have a mostly empty theater. Now that would be fun! :twisted:
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

I am SO happy for you Nissanmama. Well mostly jealous, but still happy :D I havent been to Utah in so long I miss it and the movie is just icing on the cake!!!!
MTF
Settled in Forks

Post by MTF »

Haha Bac. It is probably a record scince last spring anyway. I tend to get real busy in the warm months. Might as will while I can. In another month it will be stuck indoors weather. I have a new spin class im in though so that will be better than just the treadmill lol. You should see me here more often now lol.
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Congrats Nima! I know you'll have a blast! And I will be sure to keep FS in my prayers for a successful surgery and full & speedy recovery!

I am excited, my RLF book buddy and I will see Twilight on that Saturday. We both work and cannot do the premier thing. :cry: But hubby might go with us or see it Friday night with me. (My RLF works graveyards). So I might just see it TWICE! Last movie I saw in the theaters was HP:Goblet of Fire.

MTF - We've missed you, glad everything is going well!

I am VERY excited to be dressing up for Halloween this year. Hubby and I are going to an adult Halloween party. We haven't been to a Halloween party since college. I have a Renaissance costume (middle class woman) and hubby is going as my servant. Yup...lots of ego-altered baking ideas to be had there!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
L.Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by L.Cullen »

ashleygill03 wrote:I think the best Halloween movies would have to be Hocus Pocus and Sleepy Hollow. There are so many great ones though!

Is anyone else looking forward to dressing up for Halloween and having some excellent alter-ego baking when they get home??

Hi all ---I've been lurking around here for a while. I had to post to brag a bit on my neighborhood. We go all out for halloween. There are haunted houses, creepy music playing over a loud speaker, grown ups and kids alike dressed up and playing the part. I used to hate halloween, but now it's too much fun. We usually have good weather as well--just windy and cold enough to set the mood.

My favorite halloween movie has to be Corpse Bride.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

L.Cullen-
We have a ritzy section of town that goes all-out for Halloween and Christmas- outdoor Christmas decor is a requirement, though Halloween is not. I took my little sister to that section of town one year, and there were kids EVERYWHERE! The houses were decorated great; some had spooky music, some parents sat out as zombies or scarecrows- just all around good fun! That is the best part!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I wish my neighboorhood went all out but since we tend to have either the older kids or the really young ones, no one seems to be into all the scary anymore. Which is sad, J totally enjoyed being scared half to death & he remembered the really scary houses and always wanted to go back.

I'm lucky that J has reluctantly decided to see the movie with me but it will probably be the next day and a matinee showing when he is positive none of his "girl" friends will be there and he won't have to suffer the embarrassement of having to see Twilight with him mom.

God love the kid.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!