Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Post by bac »

So last night there was a commercial for something, I know not what because I was giggling, and they said the words "polishing the rods". Hmmm.... :twisted: Polishing! Rods!
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Morning everyone!

I just knew I'd have pages and pages to scroll through since I hadn't been on since Friday, but amazingly, I didn't. That's interesting.

It's really great seeing MTF posting. It's been a while, buddy. I'm ready for our *old* chat nights to return as well. I miss seeing everyone.

I mentioned Hocus Pocus on Friday, and I watched it Sunday. There really aren't many Halloween-themed movies. I've been thinking about how many movies feature Halloween or trick or treating. Other than the Disney movies like Halloweentown or Hocus Pocus, ET, TNBC, and the Halloween movies themselves, I can't think of any others. Let's see Pumpkin Head and Trick or Treat are Halloween movies. Since Friday I've been on the lookout for movies that even include Halloween. I watched Contact this weekend, and in the scene where the alien signal comes through, one of the guys is carving a pumpkin. At the beginning of You've Got Mail is a Harvest festival that includes Halloween symbols. What about Disney's Twitches? Is it a Halloween movie? It debuted during October and features twin witches, but is it about Halloween?

I'm stuck at home with a stomach bug (bleccch), so please pardon my rambling. I've had 3 hours of sleep. I'm only awake now because I had to call in.

CG: It was Rainbow Popsicles. That was Alcy's contribution. I think it's a winner.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
inspired
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inspired »

GNE I hope you feel better, stomach bugs are the worst! I am laid up myself today, I broke my toe last night. I feel like an idiot, but I really messed myself up! I have happy pills and crutches...I'm all set :D

Hmm...Halloween movies. I shoud know this Halloween is my favorite hoilday. What about The Legend of Sleepy Hollow? Johnny Depp...yum. He is another one of my favorite scary movies (not really halloween themed) Nightmare on Elm Street.
found by MMETP, courtesy of em3228 @ photobucket
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I always like to play the Harry Potter movie at Halloween. It does cover a school year with several holidays, but the set designers do up Halloween nicely (especially the first one) and we are talking about witches, wizards and ghosts all in a spooky old castle.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Feel better, GNE! It really sucks being sick.
inspired wrote: Hmm...Halloween movies. I shoud know this Halloween is my favorite hoilday. What about The Legend of Sleepy Hollow? Johnny Depp...yum.
I laughed during that entire movie. He was so funny as the clueless doctor who comes to town. Another good one would be "The Craft". I should rent "The Covenant" for Halloween. It'll just be treat. :twisted:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Thanks Inspired and CG for your get well wishes!
nissanmama wrote:I always like to play the Harry Potter movie at Halloween. It does cover a school year with several holidays, but the set designers do up Halloween nicely (especially the first one) and we are talking about witches, wizards and ghosts all in a spooky old castle.
Yes! You are correct! The first movie is still my favorite. There is so much magic in it.
cullengirl wrote:Another good one would be "The Craft". I should rent "The Covenant" for Halloween.
I didn't realize these movies were Halloween movies. I've seen both several times, too. How did I miss that? Some things do pass me by if I'm not observant enough though.

Another Halloween movie - Casper. The one with Cristina Ricci.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
dragon-girl

Post by dragon-girl »

cullengirl wrote: I should rent "The Covenant" for Halloween. It'll just be treat. :twisted:
Mmm, The Covenant... *thinks of the swimming pool scenes*
I loved that film. Will have to find a copy of my own sometime. :twisted:
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

GNE feel better soon! This years cold and flu season has started early - take care and rest up!!

BAC your earlier post... polishing... sent me into hysterics. Oh!

Every time I come back to this thread I expect it to be a new one... but surprisingly we are still hanging onto the last few pages.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Variety

Post by Variety »

GNE - You're right, there aren't many Halloween movies. Twitches doesn't have Halloween in it. Disney channel just shows it every year because it has witches, and there aren't enough movies to fill the month.

I think we're going to have a Harry Potter marathon next week. My kids will love it.

Nima - Can't wait to meet you here in Utah!

Gutter Names - I second the nomination for Rainbow Popsicles (that's what I voted for last time).
Where there is great love, there are always miracles. -Willa Cather
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Thanks, Variety! I must confess I've watched Twitches whole or in part twice. I couldn't remember anything Halloween about it. I remembered a party, but I guess my brain was still foggy this morning. I recall now that it was one of the twin's birthday party.

Here's how obsessive I am: I'm thinking of every movie I know that features anything related to Halloween. HA!

Grumpier Old Men - Daryl Hannah and her movie daughter go trick or treating as bunnies.
Invasion (with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig) Kids at the beginning go trick or treating
Squee! Thank you, Nena!