Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Post by una »

Priceless story, Nena! I agree, a picture of the three of you standing at the door, holding the bag would have been Fabulous!

There are some really good fanfictions out there. For a while I was just reading the human alternate universe ones (no vamps) but I'm a little burned out on fanfiction. After a while, they start to seem to similar or I feel I loose touch with the original stories and characters.
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Katwomankath
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Katwomankath »

Wow this thread does move faster than a vampire on speed.
I just want to say thank you for all the well wishes regarding my father. I really appreciate it. He is going in on Monday for a blood infusion and I hope it helps him. He has advanced diabetes conditions along with heart disease, high blood pressure and anemia. The Dr.s are having trouble controlling these problems and it has led to major heart and kidney problems and a loss of much of his eyesight. He just really doesn't feel well and has problems getting around. So this is not something that is not going to be fixed anytime soon. I know that his condition is only going to deteriorate with time. So I just need to come to terms with it. I am trying to get a trip put together for SLC to see him soon.

I think it would be fun to put together a group on either Facebook or Myspace. Let me know and I am in.
It is very nice to see all of the new and old Gutterites together having fun on the thread. I appreciate all of the conversation and even though I am not posting all of the time I enjoy reading it all. There are many good, witty people that post on here and they always seem to make me smile. ;)

Oh I would Love one of those very cool UofU avies.
Banner thanks to Ouisa!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Katwomankath wrote:Wow this thread does move faster than a vampire on speed.
I just want to say thank you for all the well wishes regarding my father. I really appreciate it. He is going in on Monday for a blood infusion and I hope it helps him. He has advanced diabetes conditions along with heart disease, high blood pressure and anemia. The Dr.s are having trouble controlling these problems and it has led to major heart and kidney problems and a loss of much of his eyesight. He just really doesn't feel well and has problems getting around. So this is not something that is not going to be fixed anytime soon. I know that his condition is only going to deteriorate with time. So I just need to come to terms with it. I am trying to get a trip put together for SLC to see him soon.

I think it would be fun to put together a group on either Facebook or Myspace. Let me know and I am in.
It is very nice to see all of the new and old Gutterites together having fun on the thread. I appreciate all of the conversation and even though I am not posting all of the time I enjoy reading it all. There are many good, witty people that post on here and they always seem to make me smile. ;)

Oh I would Love one of those very cool UofU avies.
Kat, i'll keep your father in my thoughts. I know how hard it is to watch your father be ill and the feeling of helplessness that goes with it. I hope you get to see him soon.

I can't tell you all how much i've enjoyed reading the fanfic that was posted. I've never read any sort of fanfic before and i have to say that there are some talented writers in our midst! and funny? I think my landlord thinks i'm a loon now because of the maniacal laughing I was doing. :lol:
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I have to share with you guys the funniest thing. Well...it's funny now. We started having thunderstorms yesterday around 5:30pm. They were off and on until around 2am. I finally fell asleep around 2:30 with constant flashes of light intruding my peace. I have a fan on in my room at full blast, so fortunately I don't hear the thunder. Usually. At 3:37 this morning I saw a bright flash of light that filled my entire window and it was immediately followed a half second later by the loudest cracking boom that I'd ever heard. At that same instant I threw back my covers, jumped out of bed, and ran down the hallway. You'd have thought my house was being bombed. My husband was already up because he HAD BEEN planning on going hunting with his dad out of town. I ran to my husband with my heart pounding. He was watching out the back windows. He said the lightning struck less than a mile away. At that moment it struck again within an 1/8th of a mile (he says) from the previous one. KNE & I then decided to crawl into one of our interior guest rooms and sleep until the storm was over.

Once my heart was back to normal, I had a pretty good laugh. KNE, of course, was already laughing at me. He said my face was priceless. Yeah, being scared to death must look pretty funny. Har har. Men.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Post by bac »

I am glad you are safe GNE, although I would have liked to have seen that scared face too. I am sure it was uber funny :o :lol: .

Kat, as always, you are in my thoughts and good vibes going to you and your family.

I have been reading some of the fanfic that was posted, but haven't finished yet. I must say though that a banana will never be the same to me again. Poor Mike Newton. :oops:
by Laniyeah on photobucket
Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak »

I also got me a Forks sweatshirt at Fork's Outfitters and while I was there I met Mike!
I wish more of the Fork's shops had an online page.
Nena, I love that you met "Mike" at the Outfitters store! I too wish more of the Forks stores were online. There was a really good place where we picked up a couple of Forks sweatshirts, and now I can't remember the name of the place. We bought many at the grocery store/Outfitters place; they had a good selection. I just wish I had thought to get some tshirts as gifts while we were there. That Lapelles place was very cute; the salespeople were so friendly and wanted to help us find all the Forks Twilight sights.
I am glad to learn that the Chamber of Commerce has set up their online store as well and that the Twilighters for Forks donations project is going on. Forks certainly has seen a boom in business since Twilight saga has come out! It certainly is a town in a beautiful area of the country.

Kat, best wishes for your dad and his health.

GNE, Agh, I empathize with you. I find lightening storms very scary. Glad you all were safe and sound.
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

My Girls Night Out has been cancelled. Boooo! My pal, Suzi, is ill. I've been cleaning all day, so instead of stopping and showering and then getting all cute, I decided to keep on cleaning. Yuck. My bathrooms, living room, and dining room look marvelous. KNE cleaned the kitchen, washed laundry, and loaded/started the dishwasher. I'm just about to start the spaghetti and meatballs. Mmmmm.

I realized about 30 minutes ago that today is my & KNE's 12 year anniversary of when we re-met/started dating. Time flies. I can't believe it's already been 12 years. I told him we should celebrate. He replies, "I have a basketball game." Oh well. At least he does laundry, right?
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
somethingblue
The Godmother

Post by somethingblue »

This is a post all the way back to page 6 - I am now wearing my HOH rain forest hoodie - it was chilly at the IMAX theater watch Clone Wars, let me tell you! http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l423 ... igtree.jpg Ah and like the Quilieute woman said, she knows a lot of Hoh's - hahahahahhahaha!
Hera
Wandering Through Town

Post by Hera »

I am so jealous of everyone who got to visit Forks this summer. I keep tyring to convince my husband, but he just rolls his eyes. Maybe once Misfit gets his pictures posted I can convince him to go and see the beautiful sceneary.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

Holy heck, GNE!! I know EXACTLY how you feel! Way back in 99 I guess it was... we were awakened by a lightning bolt to a tree in our back yard!! In the middle of the night, during a storm in May! The lightning and thunder occurred at the same exact time... the lightning traveled through the roots of the tree, into the house, blew out the kitchen, bathroom, and spare bedroom windows, blew up my coffee pot (the on/off switch was on the floor 20 feet away!), buckled the roof, and imbeded bark into the siding on the back of the house. I don't think I have ever been so scared in my entire life! It sounded like a canon going off in the house. I'm sure my face looked alot like yours did! It was several months before I could sleep through a storm again.

Too funny about your hubby, too! Guys don't usually remember dates. I jumped up on the bed the other day and asked my hubs what today was (the 15th). He said, "Uh, the 10 anniversary of our engagement??" I said, "huh, no, that was LAST month," (which he DID remember, BTW). I said, "this one is all you." He thought for a few seconds, then said, "September 15?.... Oh, that would be the date of my Deputization!" LOL- how could a law officer forget that?? He usually remembers things, I just always start it off with "do you know what today is?"

Hera- I'm waiting for Misfit's pix, too! We've always wanted to go see Seattle, so I'd just have to talk hubs into a drive to Forks while we're at it... and hope for the best!

Man, where is all the Gutter talk??? Anybody out there?? I'm sorry, I just don't have any!