Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Post by Nena »

WARNING!
This is the PG+ rated Adult thread (its probably closer to PG-13, but even we have our limits). For G-rated conversations see the Heavenly Hash Adult Thread.

Thread guidlines carried over from previous threads...

Welcome to the Gutter, please follow these rules to prevent us all from drowning in this thread or any other.

It is important to remember that the main forums are not a chat room or an IM feature. Posts need to be of some length and relate to the topic. One line posts, especially just saying LOL or something similar take up a lot of room and are hard for people to wade through when they have many pages to catch up on.

Related to that, it's not necessary to post just to say good morning, goodnight or to "keep the thread alive." You can certainly say good morning at the top of your first post of the day, but don't make it the ONLY thing you say. As for keeping the thread alive, it's not going anywhere. It will still be here long after all of us have moved on to newer things.

Quoting. The quote feature is neat. And helpful but when quoting, delete out the parts of the quote that aren't necessary to your response. Quoting, especially when pictures are included take up TONS of room on the lex and make it hard for all of us. It's quick and easy to cut out the parts that are unnecessary. Quoting is also one of the easiest places to fall into IM behavior. It is so frustrating to have to scroll through tons of quotes just to get an "I agree." questions that don't benefit the whole group, or are directed at one person need to go into the PM feature. If we constantly repost thins like links or topics from the past, we burn
through unnecessary pages.

Straying off topic. This one is probably the hardest, since we are an off topic thread. So I can't ask for much here, perhaps just a little mindfulness when it comes to posting. Consider if it is something for the whole group, or something that belongs in a PM.

Those of us who started out on this thread LOVE it. It has been our home here. We love new people, and
new ideas. We do want everyone to play nice and have fun. We would hate for something to happen to this thread.

This thread (well version 2 of this thread) started as a "safe" place that adults could come and discuss the books, theories, and a few other topics. Many of us felt we had little in common with the teens that posted on the majority of the threads. Also many of us were very put off by all the hate post eclipse or by getting flamed for our more adult opinion based on our broader experience. Usually someone would post a question and we would all weigh in. It was great!

It was a thread where Jake girls and Edward girl had fun side by side, delighting in these wonderful men Stephenie has created.Several of us have even been converted to a greater understanding of the Volturi. Sometimes we joke about our desire to polish the granite boys or groom the dogs (Pel started that actually.) But we used to keep it strictly to innuendo no deeper than that.

We often discuss other books that we are reading as well. Some of us have a list of over 200 books to check out as a result of this thread! I think we even have discussed movie and TV recommendations as well.

This has been a wonderful safe haven to many of us since Eclipse and we have formed some wonderful friendships.
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Re: Gutter Gals & Co. --Adult Thread

Post by nissanmama »

Me first! :lol:

Come on Nena...no catchy title??? DGG's, I think we need to brainstorm a better thread name.

I'd just like to report that I have crossed over the 50 book mark in the Shelfari 50 Book Challenge!! I'm done! I'm going to keep track the rest of the year, but as of today, I have read 18,988 pages in 2008.
Yea for me!!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
Misfit
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Misfit »

WOOHOO now all I have to do is finish my story and pick the photos. Thanks for getting us to 101 technically on the last thread. I do agree with Nissan why no better catchy title?

Misfit.
*Reading is Sexy*
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

I am open to suggestions here. Let me know what you think of and just make sure you include everyone!
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Why do you suppose SM picked moutain lions for the favorite food of our hero and heroine when she was a BYU grad?

She probably didn't think anything of it. However, I'd like to think that it's a little inside joke to her, where she laughs about it each time she reads or thinks about Edward killing a mountain lion. Who knows, though.

As for a catchy title, how about, "Catchy Gutter Title Goes Here -- Adult Thread?" Ha ha! Just kidding. Where are Ouisa and Alcy when we need them? They're good at coming up with catchy titles. Or, Cocoa for that matter....
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
Feathers
Lusting for Blood

Post by Feathers »

Gutter Gals & Co School for Cullen-ary Arts

Kitchen. Culinary. Cullens. I do apologize though, to the wolfies. I'd love to be in Jacob's kitchen, but I couldn't figure out a clever way to work that in. Cullen just fit so nicely.

Or something equally cheesey. We do need the professionals.

<3 Ren
She used to be human, and then it changed. How did she die? Why did she meet James? One couple’s unlikely love story is another person’s untimely tragedy. Ashes
Ren's newest story!
Addicted
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Addicted »

[quote="jenni_elyse"]Why do you suppose SM picked moutain lions for the favorite food of our hero and heroine when she was a BYU grad?

She probably didn't think anything of it. However, I'd like to think that it's a little inside joke to her, where she laughs about it each time she reads or thinks about Edward killing a mountain lion. Who knows, though.
[quote]

Too funny. I had never even thought of that. Goooo.... Mountain Lions!!!!
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Feathers wrote:Gutter Gals & Co School for Cullen-ary Arts

Kitchen. Culinary. Cullens. I do apologize though, to the wolfies. I'd love to be in Jacob's kitchen, but I couldn't figure out a clever way to work that in. Cullen just fit so nicely.

Or something equally cheesey. We do need the professionals.

<3 Ren
That's hilarious! It really fits in well with the old thread, and hopefully a whole new thread of Cullen-ary innuendos.
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Feathers wrote:Gutter Gals & Co School for Cullen-ary Arts
See, why can't I be creative like you, Ren? That's an awesome title! I vote for it! :D I even have a picture to go along with the title. At the Breaking Dawn release party some of the SLTA went to, they had a Cullen-ary Cafe where people good give blood if they wanted to. :D
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

I love the smell of a new thread in the autumn. *SNIIIIIIIFFF* Ahhh!

I missed the death of the last thread. Did I miss much? Pesky job. Pesky students.

I like Ren's title as well. I was trying to come up with one also, but I'm not as witty. I was thinking instead of Gutter Gals & Co. it could say Gutter Gals & Guys. We do only have 2 sexes here. Right? I don't want to exclude anyone by assuming we all are either male or female. :twisted:
Squee! Thank you, Nena!