Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Gutter Gals & Guys School for Cullen-ary Arts --Adult Thread

Post by ashleygill03 »

I may be WAY behind the curve here, but I haven't heard of a 50 book challenge. Could I ask what it is (aside from the obvious... :geek: )
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

Bluestarlight - glad to hear your hubby is recovering and the surgery went well!

I only have myspace and I barely keep up with it. Hubby has a FB but I doubt he'd want me putting "my" stuff on it.

The 50 book challenge is a Shelfari thing, read 50 books in one year. Shelfari is an online book shelf you keep that you can have others look at and see what you are reading and read your reviews and such. For me it is a great way to keep track of what I'm reading and what I plan to read, since I get so many great book recommendations here. Check it out. I'm kicking myself, I think I have read at least 30 in the past four months. I should have done it but if I did sign up, it'd just add unnecessary pressure. Plus, I think I'll have 50 books read by the end of next month. Oh...so many books so little time!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Post by Nena »

nissanmama wrote: I got my shirt from Cafepress but they no longer have the rights to that shirt. You can, however, get them from the Forks Chamber of Commerce store and the money will stay local funding scholarships for Forks High School Students.
Oh! that sounds like a great idea. Wouldn't you love to have this shirt and know that you are also helping the school? I am excited! I think I want to get more of these shirts. People that know about twilight are always asking me where I got it. I wish more of the Fork's shops had an online page. If anyone is interested one of the shops does sell online and will ship it to you, they don't have a site but they take orders by email. You can visit them at http://www.myspace.com/leppellsflowers , I believe they have pictures of their merchandise there.
I also got me a Forks sweatshirt at Fork's Outfitters and while I was there I met Mike!

Now for all your gutter related shopping, you can visit Fry's store:http://www.cafepress.com/tarl
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

Ha! I'm wearing my Forks sweatshirt from Forks Outfitters right now!
http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l423 ... day048.jpg
It's totally fall here in Edward-land. Cold and raining.
I love how when I wear it random people stop and ask me about it. At the BD signing I had a woman ask if I had been to Forks. I said yes and then she asked me if it really rains there a lot. Now I would think this would be a valid question were we living in Utah or Indiana. But no. We live in Seattle. Duh. Doesn't she know it rains here?

Of course my favorite forkswear is Corygirl in her Forks Sweatshirt and her LaPush sweatpants.....

My gentleman friend finished Breaking Dawn last night. He said he really liked it. He kept calling it funny and told me it was dangerous to listen to while driving. He liked all the blonde jokes. I thought it was especially interesting that his favorite part was when Bella let Edward read her mind. (One of my least favorite parts.) He says to me in this patient tone, "Ouisa it was like the best gift she could give him and you know she always wanted to give him something." I had to laugh. My boy, schooling ME in my series?

PS That Flower store was nice. They had some great Twilight scrapbooking supplies!
Nena

Post by Nena »

Ouisa wrote:Ha! I'm wearing my Forks sweatshirt from Forks Outfitters right now!
ha! you lucky! I can't wait for this place to cool off so I can start wearing mine! I can't believe it's is still like 80+ degrees here. I am not looking forward to the snow but I would love some cool rainy days... sigh I like your brown one. I bought me the black because I already have a brown sweatshirt, but every time I see the brown one I wish I had gotten me that color. ugh.
By the way, do you have the link to Marcy's fanfiction? :twisted:

On another note, about the facebook thing. I don't want to be a party pooper but I won't be joining. I really have to cap the number of online communities that I belong to, because I can't keep track of any more. Plus I don't get facebook, I wish you could change the layout and stuff like that. I only have an account because I love the flair 8-)
Ouisa

Post by Ouisa »

Marcy's hysterical Fanfiction Cullenary Sex Education.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3472497/1/C ... rks_Sex_Ed

I'm only into facebook for the flair too. I have a weakness for the pretty.... In fact that was the whole reason most of the gals I know joined.
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

Ouisa wrote:Marcy's hysterical Fanfiction Cullenary Sex Education.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3472497/1/C ... rks_Sex_Ed

I'm only into facebook for the flair too. I have a weakness for the pretty.... In fact that was the whole reason most of the gals I know joined.
i think that story just officially made my day. i've had a rotten one and wasn't sure anything would make me feel better, but that certainly did! Brilliant! thank you! i'm laughing so hard i've got tears running down my face (which is better than an hour ago when i was just crying) and my cat is contemplating having me committed. ;)

that was my first Twilight-related fanfic read too. Any other good ones I should check out?
Nena

Post by Nena »

Oh, this is a gutter thread pre-requisite SillyBella's Attention, WalMart Shoppers fanfiction. I even have real life pictures of it! I need to go through my PA trip pix and edit this post :twisted:
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

If it isn't too late - -and I'm not stepping on any toes -- why not make it a Myspace page? I have FB and Myspace, but I still prefer Myspace. I like that I can add songs, pictures, a cool layout... etc.

FB isn't bad..I love the flair, bumper stickers and those things. Also, I signed up on FB with my real name, and I'd prefer to not give it out to everyone.

Thanks, Ouisa, for the link. I'm jealous over the Forks clothing. I'm not a skinny little thang, so I'm wondering - are there Plus Sizes available? Yeah...I admitted to everyone I'm a bigger girl...not happy about it especially..but that's who I am at the moment. ;)

Nena: I LOVE SillyBella's fanfic. That was my introduction to fanfic. Everyone MUST read it.

Pardon my exuberance today. I'm in a jolly-lolly mood. :lol: :lol:
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
Ouisa

Post by Ouisa »

GNE, no one has ever mistaken me for skinny....
Here Nena...I think this is the photo you are looking for
http://s330.photobucket.com/albums/l423 ... C02721.jpg