The Dating Thread--take 2

simplymortal314
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Dating Thread--take 2

Post by simplymortal314 »

Hey everyone!
I'm kinda sort of back. eh. I'm happier and my feelings are in check and all. I guess.
Anyway I have a few "updates". =]

1st: I don't know how I'm suppose to feel about this one, but here it goes. I was sitting on Mike's desk before class started talking to two of my friends, one of which sits next to Mike, when he walks in and sees me sitting there. The bell rings and the teacher calls class to order. At that point Mike goes up to the teacher's desk takes the Purell bottle she has there pumps some disinfectant on his desk, puts the bottle back Then procedes to distribute the disinfectant on his desk until it evaporates. Of course the last thing to touch that desk was my backside so, I kind of feel offended then on the other hand I don't know what to feel.

2nd: The day I got the news of my grand father's death (who is really my dad's uncle, but is like a father to him since he raised my dad when his mom came to the US. It's complicated.) I was practically sobbing before class started. My friend was hugging me and again we are in front of Mike's desk. Many times he tries to approch his desk, but goes away after he sees me sobbing. I kind of enjoyed him squirming in thinking what he should do. Just goes to show most guys will run and become uncomfortable when girls are emotional. =]

3rd: I saw Stanly at the store. Of course he waves and says hi as we pass each other. Then ignores me at school. =?

4th: Today I went to the grocery store where Stanly works. I see him working, but do anything. Part of that is because my mom was with me. He didn't see me. Then later My parents realized my mom and I forgot to buy something. I jump at the chance to go to the store. I had a plan set and used my red lipstick to draw attention to my lips. Saddly my mom comes with me last minute. We go and he is still working. We rounded up what we needed and went to go pay, I purposefully lead my mom to the check out lane Stanly was at. My mom and I start our crazy antics. And he tries to avoid looking at me. I had sent my mom to pack everything while I pay. Finally Stanly looks at me and quietly tells me the total, I say "Hey" and pause for a moment as we bothe look at each other in the eyes, then his eyes traveled down and I hand him the money saying "here" His hand brushed mine and stayed a moment longer than nesseary. He got the change and and was looking down at my lips again. When he met my eyes he gave me my change and again just looked at me longer than your cashier should look at you. I broke the eye connection by walking away and going to my mom. I left very happy. It felt like time slowed down and was a great feeling. =]

So those are my "updates" from my time gone. I read from page 70 on the other thread. I haven't read these four pages, but I will tomorrow or later tonight after I finish my rough draft cause and effect paper for AW.

EDIT:
I forgot another pesduo-update.
The other day I was filing one of my papers in english (also know as AW and the only class I have with Mike). Since the folders were not alphbetical I was having difficulties finding my folder. Then Mike comes up behind me and starts filing his paper too. We don't say a word to each other and he finds his folder first filies his paper and starts to walk away. At the moment he passed me he swings his hips just so that they hit mine. Then contninues walking. What the? This happened after the desk fiasco. Mixed signals, much?
Okay I'm done I'm going to work now.
Last edited by simplymortal314 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manifest plainness, Embrace simplicity, Reduce selfishness, Have few desires.
~Lao Tzu
Need something to do?
read. blog. watch.
Tateyyy92
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tateyyy92 »

Ok, so heres my problem. I am sixteen soon to be seventeen in 5 months. I work with my older brother and a bunch of his good friends. I am like in lovw with one of them cause he is freaking amazzzzing and is soo nice and sweet and really cute. I would love love love for us to be more than just friends but.... He's 22 and one my brothers best friends, and thats a six year difference. I dont know what to do cause im in love with the kid.. he's all i think about.
Help please. haha

Twilight= LIFE
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

virginiax7 wrote:WTF AT MY LIFE. (I think I said this exact same thing to Holden...) WHAT IS UP WITH GUYS I'VE NEVER TALKED TO ASKING ME OUT?! God, here I am swooning over all these nerdy cute boys when the only ones I get are the creepers. And what is he talking about, "my parents are telling me to ask"? Does he mean they told him "Jeff, ask Virginia" or were like all "Jeff, you have to ask someone" and he chose me? But why did he choose me? Did he think I would say yes? (Obviously he doesn't know me very well.) Did he think I was so date hungry I'd say yes to anyone? Well, I have news for you, Jeff Parks: NO WAY JOSE. I mean, of course I'm not going to say it like that. I'll just tell him thanks, but I've already made plans to go with a group of friend, or something lame like that.
First of all, you just made me crack up. A lot. :lol: But yeah, what the hell, man? That's really awkward. Go away Jeff Parks! Leave Vk alone!!!!! :D
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
CamberXite

Post by CamberXite »

colegurl wrote:CamberXite :

Just tell him, "I like you..but just as a friend." If he is truly your friend, he'll understand..what i always do is i play around with the "idea" of me and another guy being together...i think about..would it be akward? things like that...just think about it..

Yeah, I've thought of that. I just don't know how to tell him without hurting the friendship. :?
CAMBER:
Awww, hon, I'm sorry you're still in love with Jake. But it's not a big deal. It happens. Do you have any romantic feeling towards this friend whatsoever? If you do, then you should maybe just give him a chance. A trial date or something. You never know, you may end up really enjoying yourself. But if you don't, then don't lead him on. Just tell him that you don't feel that way about him and you'd rather be friends. But tell him you think he's cute or something to soften the blow. ;] Just be sensitive, and I'm sure you will be. :]
Gah, I've really tried to get over Jake, but I just can't. He's coming to Toronto next weekend, going to a gig of his friends band, and guess what? I'm going too! Because I have to see him, and see that he's not with someone else. Pathetic, I know.

I also have another problem.
K asked me to go to the movies with him today, and he said "I hope to see you in the morning beautiful"

-sigh-

I'm in serious crap.
"Burned Beyond Recognition Is What You’ll Be When I’m Finished With You"
The tiger in the foreground has it’s teeth sunk in her throat Image
Granuaile
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Granuaile »

My gracious!
CHRISTINE- You are soooo different than me. Instruct me in the ways of cheerfulness and ignorance of adolescent faux pas! I'm happy for you that all the guys are soo nice to you. And contrary to popular consensus, I think it's better that Cara is so nice. That way you can actually get her help in the smoking thing, and she isn't dangling Andy in front of you on purpose, either. That's really not fun, trust me.

CAMBER- Really, if the friendship is affected at all, it'll be his fault. And it sounds like he hasn't made any move yet. He may just chicken out, and if he ever brings it up later you can play dumb. "What? You once made sign-language hearts across the room at me all day? I never imagined. I don't see how you could possibly say that I avoided you that time." :roll: K's compliment is NOT crap, it's a compliment. He may be trying to be nice. Who knows boys? For the time being, I would wear see everything as innocent, until you have more evidence otherwise. Now tell me about Jake. Is he some ex that you can't forget? The relationship that never was?

SAM- I thought about telling you guys that my friends at school call him HUG but I didn't want anyone thinking me immature. HA! I just hafta gloat, Sam. :mrgreen:

TATEYYY92- If it's a seeeeeeriously long term thing, it won't matter when your 80 and he's 86. :lol: Sorry, couldn't help myself. It won't matter when your 18 or 20 or so. But for now, if you can stealthily get his opinion on age differences, that could really help you. Not to mention, if you pursue a relationship, your brother will be soooo involved. You'll want to prepare for that.

SIMPLYMORTAL314- Guys are all about mixed signals. but what challenge would they be if we could communicate? *Heavy sarcasm* My guess is that Mike is a little embarrassed about you, but he does like you and he obviously thinks you are physically attractive. Stanley probably just doesn't know how to comport himself. I don't think Mike is ready for anything, so just treat him like a friend for the time being. Stanley seems a little more evolved.

VIRGINIAX7- Tee hee. Your creepy moments make my day. May I just say you have excellent taste? Thank you. And Jeff Parks is probably some psycho who is just desperate for an axe victim. Excuse my dark humor. Now... don't kill me, anyone, but what is NBOAD?

MY UPDATE- So, I am chickening myself out each and every day. I pride myself in my consistency. *Gran, you lame-o you!* I am content to stare at my variety of man-candy. And yes, I do think of these guys as friends as well. Christine, the issue is that at my age, when everyone gives an arm and a leg about social standing, there are people who would, if I asked them out, tell me "No, you dy**! You're the f***ing ugliest girl in school! You don't even like boys!" And HUG is hanging with one unsavory individual of that crowd, and therefore his friends some of the time. I'm very terrified of a hurtful rejection, and then everyone knowing that I dare overstep such sacrosanct bounds... Middle school makes me sad. :cry:
Who needs imagination when there is Reality?
Answer: me

I wish our posts were graded, since this is what I'm doing instead of homework!

I am NOT bothering to learn ALL of your names. First come, first serve. And I'm done serving.
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

Tateyyy92 wrote:Ok, so heres my problem. I am sixteen soon to be seventeen in 5 months. I work with my older brother and a bunch of his good friends. I am like in lovw with one of them cause he is freaking amazzzzing and is soo nice and sweet and really cute. I would love love love for us to be more than just friends but.... He's 22 and one my brothers best friends, and thats a six year difference. I dont know what to do cause im in love with the kid.. he's all i think about.
Help please. haha
Ugh. I've been there.
Older brothers are so overprotective, it's crazy.
I think age doesn't matter. If you like him, give it a try. I know couples who have a bigger age difference.
Are you really close to your brother? Beceause he's your best help there. You can talk to him about it, tell him how you feel, how would HE feel if something were to happen between you two, and if you have a chance with his friend. He can help you!
Landiana
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: Near London, wondering if the crazy lobsters have formed their plan of attack

Post by Landiana »

right so my update today will probably not be very long as i am super bummed out and i kinda want to forget everything and settle down with a bowl of caramel chew chew ice cream.

today my day started pretty perfectly. i was totally happy, and had a wicked weekend. then i got into school, and started talking to D. i asked him how his weekend went, and all that sort of thing, when halfway through he just blurted out to me that he was going out with this girl from college. i was like what the hell (but i didnt say that) and i asked him when this happened. he said it was in the middle of last week and he did nt tell anyone because he did not want them to think it was a rebound. then he said that he could trust me and that he knew i wouldnt tell anyone (course i am telling everyone here - but i dont care - i need to tell someone) i asked him why it was a secret and he said because he didnt want everyone to make a big deal out of it. then he kept on going on about how they were making out in the park and hohot she is. this made me feel really bad about myself, and totally just pathetic for liking him as much as i do. i tried to act normal and then for the rest of the day was totally miserable about it (no one noticed though - shows how much the world cares about me) then right at the end of the day a group of friend started talking about it, and i was like but thats meant to be secret, and they said that D had told them half way through the day. so i was confused about that and am more miserable because everyone is talking about how he is going out with a college girl. now i feel like D just said about having back ups together because he is going out with a girl that cant come to our prom.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4851042/1/English_Vampires
Please read my fanfic!

Team Edward
CamberXite

Post by CamberXite »

Granuaile wrote: CAMBER- Really, if the friendship is affected at all, it'll be his fault. And it sounds like he hasn't made any move yet. He may just chicken out, and if he ever brings it up later you can play dumb. "What? You once made sign-language hearts across the room at me all day? I never imagined. I don't see how you could possibly say that I avoided you that time." :roll: K's compliment is NOT crap, it's a compliment. He may be trying to be nice. Who knows boys? For the time being, I would wear see everything as innocent, until you have more evidence otherwise. Now tell me about Jake. Is he some ex that you can't forget? The relationship that never was?
Haha, okay. That makes sense.
He came over at 3am last night, and we played Clue till 7am LOL
It was fun :]

See, K is my long time ex. If you were on the old Lex, I think you might have heard me post about him.
Bottom line, K is a freaking knight in shining armor. He is the sweetest, kindest, most loving person I have ever met. But I don't think I'm ready to get back into another relationship with him. Atleast not now.

Jake? Ah, I can go on forever about Jake.
He's my most recent ex, who I didn't really want to date at first, and then we spend a whole weekend together, and I just saw another side of him, and I completely fell in love with it, so we dated, and then out of the blue, he breaks up with me.

Ever since, he barely talks to me on msn, he doesn't text back. Its so frustrating! and when he does talk its usually a hint to piss off, because all he says is "mhm" "yeah" "cool"
"Burned Beyond Recognition Is What You’ll Be When I’m Finished With You"
The tiger in the foreground has it’s teeth sunk in her throat Image
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

Christine-
AHHH!!!!! hahahaha. That's so like a teenmovie. Fabulous. Yet not. I wonder how CYbermom feels about this....
Anywho. I think your reasons for denying Andys kiss were very very good. Even though you didnt tell him. No one NEEDS to be kissed becuase they want to, but because it's the right thing to happen at the moment. At a party where people are getting drunk and having sex is NOT the right moment. lol. Im proud of you, girl! Some of us wouldn't have resisted that (like maybe me with Josh) and just taken advantage of him. It's awesome that your morals are so high up there even when everyone around you is acting like a crazy teenager. =] But here's the thing... do you think Andy will try to kiss you next time or only think that you don't really like him as much as he likes you BECAUSE you didn't kiss him?

V-
i think im the only one who doesn't think the creepy part was creepy. It was definately wierd. But i wouldn't call it creepy. It was however kinda VERY strange that he said his parents were makinghim do that. I have the same questioning about it as you do. i love how you said no. Alot of people would've said sure. You're just coller than the rest! =P
Jacob sounds like he'd be an awesome father? hahahhaha. Go find him and call him and make plans and be all chill with him!!!

Jennifer-
Im sorry about your grandfather. =[
I think it was very rude for Mike to have done that. like wtf!!! Who does that? No one is that germaphob. Maybe he's trying to get a point across though, that's definately it. What ended up happening for things to be like this tohugh? I'm confused.
The think with Stanly is cute. I wore redlipstick this weekend too! It's totally awesome and takes confidence! Way to work the red lips! =] I love how time just stopped for you!!!! I missed the Stanly story too. (gah! I can't ever keep up anymore!) Tell me more about Stanly.
tiffi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by tiffi »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i keep thinking some Let's Not Bring Our Parentage Into This. in heven is totally screwing with me and im going to wake up and ther'll be no real ben.
ben: FWD: FWD: FWD:someone ur missing reliezed today how much they wana be with you. send this to.....balh blah
me:sup?
ben: nm. doin hw and missin u (:
me: i miss you too :)

(idek wt this was about but we do this sometimes lol)
me:???
ben:???????
me: ?
??
???
ben: .........etc (you get the idea we kept doing shapes and mor and mor question marks this was his last one..)
the last one was a heart made up of question marks....<3 <3 the lex wont let me make it tho sorrry
me: lol you win (:

QUESTION: what is love? define it.
~TIFFITIFFITIFFITIFFI~ :mrgreen:

ill tell ya what was missing from Breaking Dawn! a full paragraph... page... CHAPTER of edward cullen naked!!!

splenda is splendid........:D